Ping Pong - Shming Shmong - mine's much better!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys may laugh (I know I did) but when I was a wee nipper - last year actually but please don't tell everyone - I used to make fake nails out of lots of layers of sellotape then stuck them on my fingers and coloured them in with felt tip pens - I think you have all stolen my Ideas.....
p.s. you have to use permanent felt tips coz the ordinary ones just wipe off.

I think this is soooo funny but I am expecting a taste session at excel - watch out ant the girls are coming to suck your fingers! and we know where that can lead - yes that dreadful nail disease suckyoffosis.

No one mentioned how to sanitise the equipment will the dish washer do? or should we just put the stuff in the kiln with the clay nails?

purple legend said:
You guys may laugh (I know I did) but when I was a wee nipper - last year actually but please don't tell everyone - I used to make fake nails out of lots of layers of sellotape then stuck them on my fingers and coloured them in with felt tip pens - I think you have all stolen my Ideas.....
p.s. you have to use permanent felt tips coz the ordinary ones just wipe off.

I think this is soooo funny but I am expecting a taste session at excel - watch out ant the girls are coming to suck your fingers! and we know where that can lead - yes that dreadful nail disease suckyoffosis.

No one mentioned how to sanitise the equipment will the dish washer do? or should we just put the stuff in the kiln with the clay nails?
As a new master, I think sanitising in the dishwasher a bit extreme.
I might be wrong and I'm sure Sarah will let me know, but I think a quick wipe with a 'Detol wipe' should be enough!!!;) :biggrin:

Sarah,

Any DVD's in the process?
Just a quick idea for the l&p girls, if you mix a bit of curry powder with your flour mix it gives a international flavour to your designs n a nice colour too!!!!:biggrin:

Debz xxx

lol yolanda yes i will gladly be your mentor....as for all your thousands of texts, pm's, emails to name the super duper grater..the winner of winners has to be The Geeky Grater...named after you all :D yes it's official you are all totally NUTS!!!! ..me included..well just a little bit :) oops yes Debz we are working on the 'Geeg hand model'...it has a special button on it that when pressed gives you a wealth of valuable info right there as you are practising..it tells you off for wonky smile lines too..how cool is that :D

This is absolutely hilarious - PMSL!! :lol: :lol:

B xx

Guys - ive some really seriously bad news. They won't let us exhibit at Excel:cry: . Some mole told them about how great our new ideas are (didn't know moles could speak, but you learn something new everyday), and they have refused us entry. HOW DARE THEY!! Honestly, some people just can't move with the times. I am gutted.

On a positive note, our new book "Sassy Hassy - The Official Guide to Shming-Shmonging" will be on E-Bay from next Monday. RRP £2.50, but bidding can start at £25.00, seems fair?!

The DVD is in production. Bit of a delay as some idiot left her hand in the kiln too long when we were demonstrating the Clay technique, had to start all over again as she had no fingers left on! It's so annoying, the extra expense is eating into our profits.

Getting a bit worried cos Ruth and Anthony have been very quiet of late. Think they are plotting something really big and we need to be ready with a counter attack, that icing dipping sounds a little weird compared to our techniques, but these Master Geekies always have a few tricks up their sleeves so we must be prepared for new ideas!

There have been a few new good ones. Can't believe I'd left the bit out about sanitation of equipment. The dishwasher is a good idea, but perhaps a little time consuming. Need something a little more instant perhaps?

Debz - hows the marketing progressing, you are marketing Director afterall? Any suggestions other than the usual leaflet dropping?

............. I am so excited - got a call from GMTV, the news has reached them and I'm gonna be on TELLY. Anybody know how to lose 2 stone in 2 days? Any good ideas and I'll pass them onto Eamonn Holmes!! lol Just hope the fame doesn't change me!

Anyway peeps, keep up the good work!

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Lesley - does your 3 d nail art work with gel toothpaste? If so I bags first place on your master course - would half a dozen boxes of choccie do'nuts cover it? Have you heard that excel won't let us have a stand? It's just complete madness!
lesley1965 said:
Just at to change my signature, Yes I have passed my all my training and am now a Master Educator in 3d nail art icing tubes. Any body wishing to attend my workshop days please pm me.

Sarah!!!

Do you think as Antony & Ruth have been so quiet that(dare I say it) they could be the moles? I know Ruth is competing at excel this year so maybe she's running a bit scared!:eek:

Marketing update, I've been in touch with a few local nurseries with regard to leaflet drops. 5 said they'll get back to me when the kids go back, something to do with parents consent to work...blah blah.....red tape! fingers crossed though.
Have been in touch with 'bid up tv', 'qvc', and 'chase it tv'. Nothing to do with 'Shming shmong' but I did get a nice cutlery set!!!!

More updates soon.

Debz xx

sarah haslam said:
Lesley - does your 3 d nail art work with gel toothpaste? If so I bags first place on your master course - would half a dozen boxes of choccie do'nuts cover it? Have you heard that excel won't let us have a stand? It's just complete madness!

Oh yes Sarah the results are great with the gel toothpaste and the colours look brill. I have booked you on the masters course and the do'nut arrange is brill. I have read the post regarding Excel and will be on the phone to the organisers, Also I have heard that Ant and Ruth have managed to get a stand there and will be doing there dipping demo's, So obviously we need to act quick.

All I can say is............. Antony Buckley and Ruth Fordham will rock the nail world with this................. Come to stand No.666........... it was a devil to get hold off.......
LMAO

@Ruth: but hubby and me will keep the licenses for the piercing-included-nailextensions! :lol:

Oh how I'd love to be there with you at Excel.

Well Steffi, as you are family you can have a small corner at our stand and do your tack-nail-piercing..................
Then we could make lots of money xxxxx

god know how i'll cope, what with working there and on ezflow. all i know it will be worth it with our new nail smoother.....

well, its another use for a rolling pin and it gets those nails even smoother than a nutmeg grater

antony

Oh the nail smoother brill................... we also have the battery operated version........and the fab thing is there is no micro shattering, just large cracks but hey thats crackle nail art...........................

Sarah you will be pleased to know that we too will be at excel managed to get a stand next to Ruth and Ant 667. Ant has now started using the rolling pin technique for smoothing, But I feel that we will still get a better effect with the spatula technique.

@Ruth: Okay, I'll just need a little corner at the stand - but the patent is ours. I just saved the copyright for the T-N-P. :cool:

Oh the spatula technique was first used by delia smith......no disrespect there Lesley..........our technique has it's own quirks and perks.......and batteries are included........
Stand No667............ oh well, thats the little corner booth...................mind you how much room does a spatula need ?????
Mind you we might have probs if Callan does the nail art demo's........... Antony get back in that kitchen and practice babe........we have serious competition now.................

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Oh the spatula technique was first used by delia smith......no disrespect there Lesley..........our technique has it's own quirks and perks.......and batteries are included........
Stand No667............ oh well, thats the little corner booth...................mind you how much room does a spatula need ?????
Mind you we might have probs if Callan does the nail art demo's........... Antony get back in that kitchen and practice babe........we have serious competition now.................

Well Ruth, This is not your normal spatula ;) can,t give to much away at the mo. Ant should be worried because Callan has decided to do the nail art demo,s and we all know how good he is !!!!!! ;)

OMG now I am worried, he is so fab your Callan..................Lets hope the secret weappon works.................. our twins........... they are doing the hand and eye co-ordination stuff at excel...................and promised there would be no sicking up of feeds on that day ......... Now your turn to get Worried witha capital W........

OMG Sarah if we don't act quick and stop Ruth & Antony you do realise they'll slap 'creative' n 'Ez flow' all over your ideas n we'll be SKINT:twisted: :cry: :!: .

In simple terms, NO MORE CHEAP PLONK!!!!!!!
I urge you to sort the patent......today.

Re sanitising of equipment, I have been in touch with local council and they recommended a quick dip in 'Bells' whiskey should more than suffice.

Debz xx

Latest posts

Back