It's back! Shming Shmong part deux!!! The revenge of the demon nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use slivered almonds for nail tips.they're already a perfect shape, no shaping or filing.adhere with a little icing.for my white i use marshmellow from a jar, great consistency,and perfect for smiles:lol:
my pink would be a little raspberry crystal lite with mayo.sets up great!!and for my top gloss.....a thin layer of honey.

as for removal?simple.put finger in mouth one at a time for 30 seconds and your saliva just slips them off.

great afternoon snack
enjoy!!!

I think after reading all of these great nail tips GMG should donate 3000 geekmolians to us all, (and extra to sassy for the greatest thread), and we should all get Grand Master Shming Shmong Certificates to hang up in pride of place at our respective work areas!!!

All agree say, Aye Aye Aye i love Shming Shnmong nails so much..

All agree say, Aye Aye Aye i love Shming Shnmong nails so much..[/quote]

Aye Aye Aye!!:)

Royal iceing for zone 1 and remembering Sams talk on custom blending, for toneing down that red food colouring in zone 2 I find coffee granules are just the right thing add hundreds and thousands perfect for that indervidual look, topped of with a good drag through of wood varnish to smeer the lines and there you go, moden inpresionist:lol: No need to prep thats just big companys trying to cut into your profit.

angel fingers said:
well, thats o.k if you work in a high end salon, but a tad expensive for us mere mortals. i find a very economical way of sanitising hands is to spit on the palms and wipe them down your jeans, obviously get the client to do the same, you wouldnt use your spit on the clients hands as that would be unhygienic.

and totally WASTEFUL!!

Well I'm not in your league yet girls where nails are concerned but i have a little tanning tip for you, save all those old teabags and coffee granules then mix with hot water and spray from the kids water gun that has sat in the garden all winter, you will get some nice Verdis effects with it.

scattyfox said:
Well I'm not in your league yet girls where nails are concerned but i have a little tanning tip for you, save all those old teabags and coffee granules then mix with hot water and spray from the kids water gun that has sat in the garden all winter, you will get some nice Verdis effects with it.
Oooooooooo must try that, just as soon as the weather warms up:)

scattyfox said:
Oh hun, you could have told me that earlier then I wouldn't have wasted so much of Mandy's time today. Poor girl was on the phone to me for 45 mins explaining spray tans..............and now you tell me, just like my Shming Shmong nails, I have everything here and don't need to invest any money!!!! TANtastic!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

We are SO PROUD of you all, we knew if we spent 5 hours of INTENSIVE training over 1 and and a quarter days teaching you to be creative with your products and skills you wouldn't let us down, you know you are the best and you have finally proved it to the WORLD...thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

Big Eff x (the tears of emotion are running down my legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

fiona wallace said:
(the tears of emotion are running down my legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
pmsl Fiona, here have one of my TenaLady's :D

Lissie Broom said:
if i am honest Sass i much prefer tipex for the whites and vaseline intensive care hand cream for the pinks, it works wonders you should try it?

I recently discovered that a junior I once employed (for about a week I might add) actually recommended that one of my clients use tipex to fix a smudge in her polish. No kidding. :eek: Wonder why she didn't last long??

I don't think she could have covered the tippex with topcoat, if she had I can assure you there would NOT have been aprob...what kind of topcoat do you use by the way??? The best we have found is Ronseal, it does what it says on the tin you know?

My favorite product at the moment and shhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone is Rowntrees jelly for gel nails and it comes in such lovely colours too.....
and for those that like to nibble, no calories and dead easy to soak off...but why bother soaking when you can eat them......
I also found that the Haribo cherrys are fab for party nails, just trim and lick and stick..... fab fab fab.... I am on my 40's set now, cant help but stick, lick and eat....
Cornflower for advanced L&P technique and so organic.....
But you know i am a fibreglass gal through and through and for this it just has to be an old pair of tights in natural skin tone 10 din are the best for clarity, and for the coating well hairspray does it, it just hold it in place and if the thight lasser well that just adds to the arty effect......don't bother shaping the free edge, frills are in at the moment.....
As for metal tools of the trade, cuticle pushers are so yesterday, use a nice size 4 screwdriver, flat edged of course, dont want to cause nail trauma now do we. and you all know you have to wet the tool, so just a quick spit and shove and its all done...nail chisels, every wood hobby store sells them and cheaper than you know who's tools...
Thats all the trick of the trade from me so far......If you want anymore than look at my ebay store..... all you need to know in 60 seconds to become a nail stylist and a bargain at £1000.99...

Well geeks...been a busy day for me, did a little shopping down the pound shop for supplies. Thought I'd tell you about a fab product I've found as cuticle remover! Caustic Soda! Works a treat....just don't leave it on too long, as it can irritate a little.

And to make sure its really removed, wipe of with a touch of domestos...don't worry about a clean wipe....bit of old loo roll will do!

Thanks for the tips anyway, am gonna try them all out tomorrow on a couple of new clients - hope I get repeat bookings! Have a fab retail range lines up too! All made from the spare liquidy stuff you get inside old car batteries! I love recyclable products!

Personally, my favourite thing to sculpt with is porridge. Let it set for a few hours & it won't budge for weeks! You have to chisel it off when it's time to rebalance. It gives a lovely texured finish to the whites & for the pinks, just mix in a bit of strawberry jam. The best is Oat So Simple as you can cure it in the microwave in just 2-3 minutes.

For nail art you can't beat sugar sprinkles, very colourful & pretty. I also like to marble different coloured jams but I'm having trouble sealing them, perhaps if I coat them in egg white & stick them in the oven for an hour?

I retail 1 cal spray oil as my clients are lazy & can't be bothered to rub in the bottled stuff, a quick spray & your homecare is done.

Weetabix mashed with milk and left to sit for a while is good for a NNO with polish....try and shift that stuff...lifting is not a problem.

poly filler for ridges dulux brilliant white gloss for zone 1 and dulux cappuccino gloss for zone 2 and 3 and Johnson Klear (for floors) as top coat and protector - if its good enough for floors and walls its good enough for me - peeling and lifting only starts in several years after application and is usually water retardant - hth

:hug: debbie xx

I also recently discovered that a full length sunbed is a fab nail lamp I can now do 100 clients nails at once with gel MAKING LOTS OF DOSH :)

Latest posts

Back