Ping Pong - Shming Shmong - mine's much better!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On no sorry I have to disagree,

Its got to be Mucky Fat to nourish those cuticles...lol

Love the post Sarah

pmsl you guys are maaaad!Can't wait for your training Lesley - well excited. How come you guys got stands at Excel, just thrown my teddies out the pram - not a pretty sight. Obviously your techniques aren't as innovative as mine so not so much of a threat - hah! Mind you that rolling pin technique sounds a bit classy, gotta set up a counter attack for that one lol.

Hmmm, Anthony if I see you on the EZ Flow stand I'll know Ruthie is on her own on 666, and then SABOTAGE!!!! Icing nails? your slogan could be "Mr Buckley makes exceedingly good nails"! (take off of Mr Kipling just in case you didn't get it!) WHAT AM I DOING? Giving marketing advice to the opposition, Debz wil you EVER forgive me, I feel so ashamed!

Hey Debz - stay cool, got it covered, they don't know what I've got up my sleeve (my arm)!

Hiccup - tried the Bells out on my nails - burrrrp! Mmmm great idea, worried that i'll be over the limit when I go for my training at LCN this afternoon. Karren hun think you may have to drive!

How's the cutlery by the way. Not gonna go on QVC - exclusivity is the key!

Debz said:
OMG Sarah if we don't act quick and stop Ruth & Antony you do realise they'll slap 'creative' n 'Ez flow' all over your ideas n we'll be SKINT:twisted: :cry: :!: .

In simple terms, NO MORE CHEAP PLONK!!!!!!!
I urge you to sort the patent......today.

Re sanitising of equipment, I have been in touch with local council and they recommended a quick dip in 'Bells' whiskey should more than suffice.

Debz xx

Hi everyone. this is the first time I have posted so please be gentle with me.

I had NO IDEA until I read this thread that there were so many different types of nails! Now I just don't know which to choose or where I can get the best training. It is all so confusing. Can anyone give me any advice?

At first I thought I would go with Creative. Someone I met somewhere said they were good, but then someone else said their training was SO expensive and then when I made more enquiries I was told that I couldn't buy the products or do the training unless I had at least 10 years of salon experience!!

Everything I have read in this thread sounds so much more exciting and fun than those elitist snobs at Creative. So if you could all maybe email me the details of your classes I would appreciate it.

Maybe I'll see you all at Excell. My auntie got some tickets from her Beauty therapist (as she had received 250 at the last count) so we are going to take the whole family to get some bargains. I've heard no one takes any checks so we should be OK.

Last edited:
Ah Gigi - bless you, are you a newbie then? Just starting out? Never mind hun, you'll soon be as good as the rest of us! Nah - you don't want to go with that Creative lot, rip off merchants, and their product is so last season! Stick with us hun - we're going places!

As for training, sorry to sound big-headed but of course the best you can get is with Grand Mrs Shming-Shmong (ME!). Would recommend Lesley for nail art though, she's so, what's the word, original!

Watch out for Ruthie and Ant though, bit suspect some of their techniques.
Anyway good luck Gigi in your new career and welcome to the site!
geeg said:
Hi everyone. this is the first time I have posted so please be gentle with me.

I had NO IDEA until I read this thread that there were so many different types of nails! Now I just don't know which to choose or where I can get the best training. It is all so confusing. Can anyone give me any advice?

At first I thought I would go with Creative. Someone I met somewhere said they were good, but then someone else said their training was SO expensive and then when I made more enquiries I was told that I couldn't buy the products or do the training unless I had at least 10 years of salon experience!!

Everything I have read in this thread sounds so much more exciting and fun than those elitist snobs at Creative. So if you could all maybe email me the details of your classes I would appreciate it.

Maybe I'll see you all at Excell. My auntie got some tickets from her Beauty therapist (as she had received 250 at the last count) so we are going to take the whole family to get some bargains. I've heard no one makes any checks so we should be OK.

I've already learned so much already from this site.

Yes I am new ... ish. I have never had any training in nails but I have built up a nice little mobile round that I do at weekends, (I am a forensic computer annalyst for my main job, but it is no longer a challenge .. I need something more meaty), so nails sound like a nice little 'hobby' and so easy to do. Right now I get all the supplies I need from my local Sally's ... no one ever asks if I'm trained so I just keep going there.

Anyway, as I feel I am quite professioanl, I am looking to go up market with my products and I am going to take your advice and book with you (as you sound so nice and very professional, which is how I see myself). Did you say a box of donuts was the required payment? That sounds so reasonable for the level of your expertise ... I'll book it today.

Geeg you sound just like a Technician that should come to us for education, you would learn so much in our special 30 minute training session, held over 2 lunch breaks.......... we feel this way you can just pop out from work and train without much inconvinience................... we show you how to one nail, and our fee is only 1/2 box of dougnuts and one cheap bottle of plonk for Antony.........

At the end of your course you will sit a written test, crossword puzzle examn and a wordsearch puzzle, we feel that this is the hardest written test you could possibly do...
after this lengthy and outstanding education program you will be able teach others and earn mega bucks...................because u have seen one, you have done one and now you are ready to teach some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yoiu can find links to our Teaching program at www.youaresonoteducated.con.uk

antnbuckley said:
it's well worth the wait, we took months testing this!!!

actually we still cant decide if water or egg white give the best results. anyone wanna help????

and does anyone know a better way of refining and smoothing a nail than with a nutmeg grater????

antony

Yep sorry I think I can beat you there for grinding those L&P cheesewedges down :o wait for it....the Dremel its the future of cordless and my dad's gonna be a national educator...its so good you can even use it to remove tile grout....it just so to easy to use, with 12 speed settings....and so multipurpose...its gotta be a winner.....

Thanks Ruth for the reply. I have heard so much about you and Anthony and I can't believe you are actually replying to me in person as I know you both are so famous. :o

I think I will do the course with you as well as you can never learn to much can you?

Actually, I have already taught several girls who are now techies and made allot of money (that's why I thought your classes were so reasonable). I charge 650.00 for 3 half days. No offense but, I feel my classes need to be longer so the techies can really call themselves professionals like me and be qualified to work on the public. xx

Hiya Geeg,
I have booked you in for the nail art classes with me and callan :cool:
I feel you have an eye for good education, So I will train you up to be one of our educators. Chocolate do-nut payment is fine and I see your in Spain so perhaps a few bottles of sangria as well. Oh And I know you may have heard god things about A & R, But they are developing their techniques in an underground kitchen in Soho (Say no more )

i'll have you know, working in soho has made me and ruth alot of money thank you lesley!!!!!!!

and the dremel, sounds like a good idea. think i might have a go with my black and decker, see how that works!!

antony

antnbuckley said:
i'll have you know, working in soho has made me and ruth alot of money thank you lesley!!!!!!!

and the dremel, sounds like a good idea. think i might have a go with my black and decker, see how that works!!

antony

Antony I do feel if we all worked together on this one we could take the nail world by storm. I know that your struggling on the Nail Art side and I am sure that My Master educator Callan could give you some one to ones :D

I think i've just about perfected my technique now.

Quick set cement is working a treat for me - buffed to a high gloss shine with an angle grinder. Any lifting problems easily sorted out with a hot glue gun.

For cleaning the nail plate i'm using Jays fluid (love the smell)- neat of course and for removing the surface shine i'm using my husbands wood plane.

Em.xx

TracyUK said:
:) oops yes Debz we are working on the 'Geeg hand model'...it has a special button on it that when pressed gives you a wealth of valuable info right there as you are practising..it tells you off for wonky smile lines too..how cool is that :D
Well Tracy, I suppose now that you've let the 'cat out of the bag' about the 'geeg hand model' I will have to tell all about the other features that are part and parcel of it! Firstly, there are 2 models: the Normal and the Delux version.

As you say, the normal version does tell you when your smile lines are not smiling but, it also quizes you to see if you know your stuff!! When you get it right, you become a member of 'the Geek Clique'.

For those made of stronger stuff (definitely not for the sensitive or faint hearted) If you get it wrong ... the Delux model gives out verbal abuse, shoots you down in flames, humilates you, is rude and generally does all the things geeg is acused of doing every day on the site. I'm even thinking of adding a further programme to mechanise the 'geeg hand model' so that it can give you a slap up side the head as well. Cool eh??

geeg said:
Well Tracy, I suppose now that you've let the 'cat out of the bag' about the 'geeg hand model' I will have to tell all about the other features that are part and parcel of it! Firstly, there are 2 models: the Normal and the Delux version.

As you say, the normal version does tell you when your smile lines are not smiling but, it also quizes you to see if you know your stuff!! When you get it right, you become a member of 'the Geek Clique'.

For those made of stronger stuff (definitely not for the sensitive or faint hearted) If you get it wrong ... the Delux model gives out verbal abuse, shoots you down in flames, humilates you, is rude and generally does all the things geeg is acused of doing every day on the site. I'm even thinking of adding a further programme to mechanise the 'geeg hand model' so that it can give you a slap up side the head as well. Cool eh??
Sorry to burst your bubble there Geeg, but Antony and I have already patented the Nailtrainer Elitist Mark xxxx model......also known as the Alessandra model............this one is by far the most outspoken and offers the most useless information to the newbie Nail Technician......and will NAG ya into getting it nearly right....

Our model does all this in 22 different languages, 100 different dialects and an adjustable slapping and wacking speed.....flamethrower for the realistic shot down in flames feeling.......and a fibreglass crash helmet, nicely airbrushed of course...........othere extras are available too...add on humiliation...it has a modern technology rude and abuse mode too...........
In comparrison sorry to say, yours is just a pussy cat............ours is more the roaring lion there!!!!!!!!

Now we don't want new Nail Technicians to educated or they might think they are the mutts nutts................and will file before they can even stick on stuff to nailbeds lol...........

Or else how could we offer them more training if they learn it all on the first 2 1/2hour training sessions .............

Oh yes and every person that enrolls for our training will get the Training hand, batteries, ooodles off goodies absolutly nearly free..........
All they have to do is buy our system and heck we throw the training in for the cost of a bag of crinkle cut crisps and a bag of wotsits.............So we are not greedy and even like to give something back................so when the bags of crinkle cut crisps and a bag of wotsits are empty, you may take the empty bags back home with you...............A loving souvenir xxxxx

O Heck! I knew there was something about the darstadly Ant n Ruth pairing!!!!

Not only are they trying to steal Sarahs ideas, they are now trying to steal her students with offers far beyond their means!!!!:eek:
They must be stopped before they damage the whole industry!!!!:( :eek:

As to the delux 'Geeg hand model', its just BRILLIANT!!!! Will be happy to do some marketing for that one. Just think of the money in that!!!!
One question tho Gigi, will the delux version sream blue murder if you catch the cuticle? Just thinking of the home learning market, could cover that too.

Debz xx

Debz we are looking for distributors for this all new hand training hand................
We thought you might like to be one of the first in line for this fantastic earning oppertunity.............. it means you have to pledge your undying support to us but hey a small price to pay for fame and glory ....................
Are you intrested ???

I'm sorry Ruth but you can't buy me that easily!!!!:rolleyes:

I'm just not that sort of girl!!LOL
It's gonna take alot more than just fame and fortune to win me over!!!(although alcohol is a very good start!)

I think your just gonna try n use me to get to Sarahs contacts.......I've seen it all before:| :rolleyes: !

Then when you've got what you want you'll toss me aside like a used kleenex!

We're on to you!!:cool:

Debz xxx

Debz said:
I'm sorry Ruth but you can't buy me that easily!!!!:rolleyes:

I'm just not that sort of girl!!LOL
It's gonna take alot more than just fame and fortune to win me over!!!(although alcohol is a very good start!)

I think your just gonna try n use me to get to Sarahs contacts.......I've seen it all before:| :rolleyes: !

Then when you've got what you want you'll toss me aside like a used kleenex!

We're on to you!!:cool:

Debz xxx
WEll I am so sorry to hear that Debz, was gonna offer a case of nice plonk, 3 bottles of my own personal voddy and a few other cheap bottles nearly still in date.................
I never toss a friend aside, but have shoved a few nearly friends about a bit........but they deserved it, stole my ideas and then claimed and marketet as their own..................
You can still accept our offer..........I know a good Techncian when I hear one and you sound good xxx

Another offer is also in the post to Geeg, she would be our secret marketing tool............... Oh well not a secret anymore but hey, I know only you and me will read this, so no harm done xxxx

Nice one Debz, see there are still some loyal staff out there. You'll never sway her to the dark side Ruth, we are the Raiders of the Lost Nail (our nail trainers whip you every time you get it wrong); defenders of Nail Wars (with our light charged rolling pins); Wonder Women - twirling in our little skirts (mind wish I had the boobs for it!), ridding the world from impure nail products; Wo'Men in Black saving the world from alien nail invasion. So how do you think you're gonna DEFEAT US with your icing techniques. WE ARE SUPREME, WE WILL FIGHT YOU IN THE KITCHEN, WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!!!

Cough, cough ... glad I got that off my chest!!

Latest posts

Back