Please Complete My assignment For Me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
I was going to post this thread last night, but changed my mind. However, today after giving it a little more thought, decided to go ahead because it is niggling me and has been for quite some time.

As said before, there is such a wealth of knowledge and experience here on Salon Geek. What used to be a nail forum has now expanded to a skin and hair. For me it feels like one massive salon. Just pop on in, no appointment necessary! It is fantastic especially for those geeks, like myself, who work alone. We don't benefit from the professional support and banter found in a typical salon or college etc......

I do get frustrated though, and it happens fairly regularly, when people post just to find the answers to their assignments/homework! I personally don't see anything wrong with asking for help or guidance, but more often than not the requests are fairly blatant eg. 'what are the answers to a, b and c' or ' I have to hand in and assignment tomorrow so can somebody give me these answers quickly please!'

I am definitely not the world's most computer minded person, but usually a quick search into Google or any other search engine, reveals some fantastic answers. If not the information required should most definitely be found in ones course notes or text books. Failing this, the tutors should be able to help.

I feel sure I am not alone in my thoughts on this. What are you opinions geeks?

I had to smile ... I opened up your thread thinking you were asking for help and I was hoping I could give you some help myself.

I have asked for help with various course material in the past and had very valuable help. I am VERY computer savvy and know how to use search engines inside out... I have most Beauty Therapy, Nail Related, A&P, Holistic books that are on the market.. spent hundreds of pounds on them.. but sometime I still cannot find what I am looking for. Its not that I havent tried to find what I am looking for... usually hours trawling through the internet and my liberary of books first before coming on here and asking for the help.

I do agree with your post though.. there are lots of times that new geeks/studends come onto this site just to ask the answers to their assignments and not do any research for themselves. It is usually quite easy to see the patteren... never posted before and come straight in and ask for help.

There is so much wealth of information on this site and most of the time it is given without question, I would hope that I could help someone if I was knowledgeable enough without 'doing the whole coursework' for the individual.

The tutors I had at college didnt have the time to go over course work.. it was mainly practicle that they were interested in .... the written side of things were down to you and the books they provided. 'Go read your book' ... that is the usual advise... often because they didnt know how to help you in the first place!!!

I don't think this site should be an easy 'get your answers here for free' site.. but maybe giving a prompt in the right direction for them to go and think some more or research in a different area.

Good thread though.. food for thought :)

I do get frustrated though, and it happens fairly regularly, when people post just to find the answers to their assignments/homework! I personally don't see anything wrong with asking for help or guidance, but more often than not the requests are fairly blatant eg. 'what are the answers to a, b and c' or ' I have to hand in and assignment tomorrow so can somebody give me these answers quickly please!'

I feel sure I am not alone in my thoughts on this. What are you opinions geeks?

You certainly are not alone Mrs C! Like you I understand we all need guidance here and there but why should we do homework here?

Also, for me it all depends on who is asking - what I mean is if someone contributes to the site, has opinions and has been around for a while then I don't mind helping out with specific answers (like Super Science Weekend). But when someone only joins to post homework questions I wont help them. This site (and the fabulous knowledgeable geeks within it) are not be 'used' just to stop someone from having to put the work in.

We've all worked hard for our qualifications, and under tricky circumstances at times. If it's worth having, it's worth working for.......

JMHO

I had to smile ... I opened up your thread thinking you were asking for help and I was hoping I could give you some help myself.

I have asked for help with various course material in the past and had very valuable help. I am VERY computer savvy and know how to use search engines inside out... I have most Beauty Therapy, Nail Related, A&P, Holistic books that are on the market.. spent hundreds of pounds on them.. but sometime I still cannot find what I am looking for. Its not that I havent tried to find what I am looking for... usually hours trawling through the internet and my liberary of books first before coming on here and asking for the help.

I do agree with your post though.. there are lots of times that new geeks/studends come onto this site just to ask the answers to their assignments and not do any research for themselves. It is usually quite easy to see the patteren... never posted before and come straight in and ask for help.

There is so much wealth of information on this site and most of the time it is given without question, I would hope that I could help someone if I was knowledgeable enough without 'doing the whole coursework' for the individual.

The tutors I had at college didnt have the time to go over course work.. it was mainly practicle that they were interested in .... the written side of things were down to you and the books they provided. 'Go read your book' ... that is the usual advise... often because they didnt know how to help you in the first place!!!

I don't think this site should be an easy 'get your answers here for free' site.. but maybe giving a prompt in the right direction for them to go and think some more or research in a different area.

Good thread though.. food for thought :)
I think you have worded this better than I ever could have :hug:. Beautifully said.

I honestly don't have a problem with questions being asked or pointers in the right direction. Goodness knows I utilized geeks knowledge especially whilst doing my beauty diploma recently.

My thread is more aimed at peeps who want quick answers because they can't be bothered to do the research or have left it till the last minute. Then they usually disappear into the sunset.

i totally agree Tracey. i'm just finishing my city and guilds manicure and pedicure at college in a few weeks and done many assignments. If you don't seach for the information yourself how do you expect it to sink in and doing that found a wealth of other information. I know they don't want to do the theory side but it's the builder block for a safe and long career. I have bought books got books from the library search the net and know i will have them for future reference. On a lighter note i give my last assignment Anatomy and physiology in on wednesday:biggrin:( put many hours into it)..xx

I think ive asked a couple of times either for my husband in vtct reflexology or my daughter doing nvq beauty therapy. What i have asked are more to do with understanding the questions because sometimes they are written in code :) and noone seems to know what they want especially questions in vtct.

You are right though there is no point just being given the answers, i have rarely helped my daughter ..just more pointed her in the right direction sometimes.

I can understand that people ask in desperation sometimes though.

I think you have worded this better than I ever could have :hug:. Beautifully said. Thanks Tracey.. I thought you had said it perfectly fine yourself actually :hug:

I honestly don't have a problem with questions being asked or pointers in the right direction. Goodness knows I utilized geeks knowledge especially whilst doing my beauty diploma recently.

My thread is more aimed at peeps who want quick answers because they can't be bothered to do the research or have left it till the last minute. Then they usually disappear into the sunset.
Like you.. these type of people make me quite frustrated .. they just take and don't ever consider contributing. :irked: Users!!

I love the theory side of my units,and the best way to learn is to get a good book and use the web,research,research,research all the way for me, lol a woman on my course reckons I have a photographic memory (I wish lol) but I have to admit,even though my tutor is very good,a lot as to be done by your own research:)

I think this did need said.....and Mrs C and Nail FX have put it perfectly.

Posting assignment questions expecting the answers to be given, is not what this site is about.
It happens every so often though, mainly at the same times of year when assignments are due in.

It can be quite annoying when it is someone who has never posted before, and you know will never be back once they have the answers they seek. Even more annoying when they don't even acknowledge the answer!!!!:irked:

That said, I don't think they should be ignored or even lectured to, but just put in the right direction where they may find the answers, ie websites or good reference books. After all we do know that some Colleges or Education providers are lacking in the reference material they hand out so it isn't always the students fault she does not have the answer or even a clue where to find it!!

I think on the whole we do that, and deal with it pretty well on here. :)

Therefore, hopefully, some of these students will come back and actually join in and contribute with the site once they realise there is more to us than an answering service for all things beauty related.

i think its brilliant to help others and i will go out of my way to do all i can but ....... if its a case of someone just blatently wanting the answer to an exam question etc coz they cant be bothered to read up or find out ... then for me that is just lazyness :eek:
i have asked questions before but have never asked the question to an exam as i wouldnt do that i would just read and read until i find out the answer

this site is fantastic for helping people and i think it always will be am just glad that there aint too many peeps wanting answers to exam questions :green:

I agree totally.

When my Dad used to help me with my Maths homework, it was a case of showing me how it 'should' be done and making me work it out myself rather than just giving me the answers, this was fab as it actually taught me how to work it out yourself.

I agree sometimes you just can't find the answer anywhere you look which is why posting a question on the geek seems like the best way to do it. But its the way you ask the question thats important, we should be looking for guidance (sp) rather than just the straight forward answer, I think its very difficult for it all to sink in when the answer is presented to you without having to search for it.

Its frustrating when we had to find out the answers ourselves for someone to come on here and just take our helpful knowlege without giving anything back to the site.

I agree that we should not be nasty to those who ask such questions as they may be very new and not aware of the way things are done here and think they are just asking a question that they need the answer to.

I am in total agreement with this. I'm a student at the moment and have spent countless hours doing research, reading, writing etc., for my assignments. Also doing revision for my exam.

I have a couple of colleagues at college who don't seem remotely interested in the course and I think are only there because they can't enrol on the Acrylics without the nail treatment qualification. They are so frustrating.. they arrive late every time (at least 30 mins) that's if they come at all (think they've missed something like 30-40% of the classes so far) then when they do arrive, they talk throughout the class and just don't pay attention or listen at all. Then when it comes to clients coming in they are childish and are laughing and giggling like little girls. It's really frustrating when you spend a lot of time, money and effort into achieving something and other people can't be bothered.

We've just submitted our last assignment and they haven't submitted one yet and just keep saying they have a problem with it. They don't know the answers etc., they haven't even bothered going to the library for books, never mind making the effort to buy a good one that they can keep!

I'm sorry but I don't mind helping my classmates if they are struggling a bit or don't understand something and they ask me but I have absolutely no time or patients for people who just want things handed to them on a plate!! :irked:

Just re-read my post.... LOL

Had a right soap box moment there didn't i? Feel free to :smack: me!!

:smack:

lol i almost put :Grope: steady on !

The ones I generally have a problem with are the ones where the answers to the questions are neither scientific nor difficult, but simple common sense.

To me, for people to expect others to give them the answers to common sense questions is just the height of laziness.

I'm in training at the mo and when I see those posts it bugs me.
I've got tonnes of books from the library as well as booklets from my course days.
I've had to put in some serious homework for this course, people shouldn't expect it to be handed to them on a plate.
I saw some posts on here the other day which were obviously just copied out from a question paper :irked:

No you are not alone and the two things........actually make that three things that bug me are
1. I have to have this tomorrow:eek: excuse me you only got this today then? or you were down the pub all week and suddenly thought oh yes better have a look and realised its not as easy as you thought it was.
2. They have the audacity to get nasty when a geek gently points them at the search file on this site.
3. day ave 2 text on ere an ave a munk on wen sum 1 piks on em 4 it:irked:
By the way the title made me smile,
Now I fancy having a go at an NVQ so would anyone care to give me all the answers or better yet photo copy all their work and I'll just hand it in at the local collage:rolleyes:

No you are not alone and the two things........actually make that three things that bug me are
1. I have to have this tomorrow:eek: excuse me you only got this today then? or you were down the pub all week and suddenly thought oh yes better have a look and realised its not as easy as you thought it was.
2. They have the audacity to get nasty when a geek gently points them at the search file on this site.
3. day ave 2 text on ere an ave a munk on wen sum 1 piks on em 4 it:irked:
By the way the title made me smile,
Now I fancy having a go at an NVQ so would anyone care to give me all the answers or better yet photo copy all their work and I'll just hand it in at the local collage:rolleyes:

LOL... made me laugh that. Yes and I'll have a copy too cos I'm fed up of doing hard work!!

Reminded me of when I went into college having typed up all my notes and did better drawings etc., only for my tutor to ask for a copy of it to keep as handouts and then gave everyone else in the class a copy too!! Should have charged consultation fee.... :)

yep, i TOTALLY agree. it bugs me no end when people waltz on in here askin for answers. like has already been said, i dot think we should turn them away, but help them find the answers for themselves. it could just be that because they are not as experienced as us, they wouldnt know the answer. ie the male facial thread. well, unless you have ever got cotton wool stuck in a mans stubble, or rubbed against their hair growth, you wont know the pitfalls. but i still dont think we should be giving out the answers, make them think about it, then we can help them expand on their own ideas.

Latest posts

Back