PN Chatroom - Feet: Filthy or fabulous?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn

Reaction score
Hola geeklings...

I'm just working on my June issue at the moment and thought I'd get back on the case with the chatroom to get a few comments from the lovely Geekdom.

I'm guessing that what with summer just around the corner you'll be asked to do a few pedicures, so I thought it'd be fun to find out if you really do enjoy getting up close and personal with someone else's cheesy, hairy tootsies.

So for this month's poll: Feet - do you find them filthy or fabulous?

Feel free to PM me with your comments, but please do remember to include your full name and business name so that I can publish your fine words in the mag.

Ta muchly all and have a lovely weekend...

Kat
xxx
Professional Nails
email: [email protected]

i hate feet ! ! :evil:

Hi Kat,

I don't mind doing feet but I absolutely adore the results of a Creative Spa Pedicure. All the ingredients are so effective and smell georgous. I had one client who had extremely neglected feet, with loads of hard skin and, after two treatments of the Creative Spa, her feet are baby soft. Clients always return for more treatments because it is so relaxing and invigorating. Oh I think I might just have to visit my local salon and treat myself to one!

Hi Kathryn

I've been lucky so far and not had any dodgy feet but have heard a few horror tales from the girls in the salon but they ahve been kind to me so far.

have to say although i love my Creative Spa pedicure treatments I don't love them enough to touch my husbands feet after a 12 hour shift at work Yukky.

i dread the day though that i get a non shoe person coming in for a pedi and thick encrusted dirt on the soles
with that in mind i may givup pedicures
lol
x

I never used to be too keen on doing pedicures until...........I did the Spa Manicure and Pedicure day with Creative in Birmingham. The products put a whole new light on things! Now I really enjoy 'em!!

Hi Kat,

Well, I've taken the wimps option! I only offer foot soak (to illimate any possible odours), foot massage (to make them feel a tad softer), then paint and optional art (to make them look pretty).
I work in a sunbed shop, at least 40% of the customers through the door are men. I just couldn't handle the thought of a pedicuring a mans cheesy boomerangs! The way I get around this is by saying that 'I only paint toenails', this gets away with me being sexist without openly offending anyone. Cheeky x

heavenly said:
I work in a sunbed shop, at least 40% of the customers through the door are men. I just couldn't handle the thought of a pedicuring a mans cheesy boomerangs! The way I get around this is by saying that 'I only paint toenails', this gets away with me being sexist without openly offending anyone. Cheeky x

lol, I used to do this too as I couldn't stand the thought of touching other people's feet. I did the Spa day with Creative and now I'm quite happy to do pedicures as the products are so fab! I did a Raw Earth pedicure this evening and the girl loved it & has booked in for another before her holiday. I haven't had any bad clients yet though, I may change my mind before long if I do!

I've been lucky so far though, not had anyone with really manky feet!!
As long as there were no contras, I'd enjoy 'difficult' feet as I know how fab they will feel to the client afterwards.

I LOVE doing pedicures - more so than manicures. Clients always seem so much more appreciative as it makes such an immediate difference. That post-pedicure felling just can't be beaten - Heaven!

Keep meaning to teach my other half how to do them so I can get the benefit too!

I like doing pedicures too! Like other geeks have said, a Spa Pedicure makes such a difference! Ive got a few horror stories when I started beauty therapy but ive got over them.

love doing feet, my de luxe pedicure goes down a treat, its even been said that its much better than ragdale hall. there is always such a big improvement when you give someone a good pedicure.
there seems to be much more interest in acrylic toenails and french gel overlays here too, often with the addition of 3d colour acrylic designs on the big toes. :cool:

Feet are Fabulous; Feet Treats are Fabulous - I would walk the Great Wall of China for a wonderful SpaPedicure.... Oh hold on, I am doing that :D Seriously Kat - one of my favourite treatments... how else can I wear my Sergio Rossi's with pride :hug:

I don't mind doing the little tootsie at all, feet and toes do not touch what hands touch, yes granted they might be a bit sweaty, but hey Spa Pedicure products and Raw Earth are a godsend.....
I just love the stuff xxx

I love doing feet - I have not had a bad set of feet so far but no doubt they will turn up. What a challenge though to do a bad set and make them feel gorgeous.

i am absolutly terrified of feet!
i even dont like my own
and i wont let my boyfriends near me! (although theyre not that bad)

but
ive booked myself on a creativespa course next week and i hope to god i can overcome it!
lol
my boyfriend thinks i'll never go near feet, i hope to prove him wrong!
worrying now!
x

Yes I also love the Spa pedicure, so cool,
but my favourite treatment for feet (to do, and to have done!) is a Brisa Gel overlay on my toenails, a gorgeous,shiny and chip proof French manicure to last all summer!!!
....and dont forget my cucumber heel therapy to keep my feet looking and feeling fabulous!

I hate feet, they are just so ugly! I only take a size 3 and everyone else's look deformed and bony and just HORRIBLE... and if there is anything worse than working on feet, then it's working on mens' feet, cos they're hairy as well.

But I love having MY feet done! :rolleyes:

Sarah Haslam, Nail Envy & Beauty Too, Fareham

Hi Kathryn
I love doing feet! Most of my clients say why? I Say - because most people think feet are, for some reason, - dare I say it - dirty, smelly, stinky, ugly .... lar dee dar .. etc. If a pedicure is done correctly you don't even touch your client's feet before they have been soaked in the foot bath with an appropriate soak with anti bacterial properties. This is the point when the client relaxes and .. if you do the pedicure right .. they are rebooking in their minds before they have rebooked. Pedicures can be the ultimate treat for a mum with kids, a stressed out office worker etc etc.

All I can say is don't hate feet, you can earn more in an hour with a good pedicure than many other services.

I love feet!!!!

Best footward!!!!! Hee Hee!!!

I just can't stomach the thought of messing with other peoples feet!!
Yuk!!

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited said:
Hi Kathryn
I love doing feet! Most of my clients say why? I Say - because most people think feet are, for some reason, - dare I say it - dirty, smelly, stinky, ugly .... lar dee dar .. etc. If a pedicure is done correctly you don't even touch your client's feet before they have been soaked in the foot bath with an appropriate soak with anti bacterial properties. This is the point when the client relaxes and .. if you do the pedicure right .. they are rebooking in their minds before they have rebooked. Pedicures can be the ultimate treat for a mum with kids, a stressed out office worker etc etc.

All I can say is don't hate feet, you can earn more in an hour with a good pedicure than many other services.

I love feet!!!!

Best footward!!!!! Hee Hee!!!

I love feet... I love Rasping off hard skin... you can make such an immediate difference!! and so often do i wax legs where the client has painted their own toes... what a mess... they've got it all over their skin and I just think its great that we are able to give them a set of superbly painted toenails easily!! If they book a pedicure of course!

I have just started doing toe nail enhancements with glitter fades and I have done my own since then so many clients have wanted the same. I think it will improve their toenails so even if they looked unattractive before they wont after!!! I dont mind doing feet when they have been in the foot spa and then sprayed with a nice smelling spray - it helps :lol: . The worst feet I see are on those poor pregnant women whos bumps are so big they cant reach their tootsies so they really need a helping hand.

Latest posts

Back