Polish melting on application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scattyfox

Reaction score
Thought i would post a thread to see if there is any way around this.

when doing my masters on tuesday it was the hottest day so far and although i had kept my polish cool until application. when i started to apply it , it literally melted before my eyes.

I used nail fresh to smooth it over but it looked awlful and being a nice shade of red was very noticiable that i had tried to fix it. i had to take it off and start again on some of them.

any ideas anyone to combat this?

Just an idea, but I wonder if it would help if the polish was kept in the fridge as late as possible?! I have been keeping my white for french polishes in the fridge and it seems soooo much easier to paint with. Also, I know is sounds madness, but I have not been holding the polish while I paint, (normally I hold in my hand with one hand and paint with the other). If you do this it may be worth not, although it is hard to get used to not holding the varnish, feels a bit weird! Iv prob stated the obvious but hth a bit

did that already hun but thank you for the thought. Was wondering if you could get those things that go round babies bottles that you crack to keep chilled but dont know if they do them small enough.

the trouble was the heat in the room (we used fans) and the heat in my hands as well(kept dipping in water to chill)

have you noticed peeps i am trying to spell check :)

i am having the same problem, the polish has been drying sooo fast that it is going all bumpy on the nails when i am trying to smooth it out:rolleyes:

How about standing them on those blue freezer block things that you use to keep ur lunch cool. You could have them standing on your desk till you use the polish.

Just a thought :)

xxxx

OOHHH good idea! will try that one and see how i get on, any other ideas keep them coming please.

scattyfox said:
did that already hun but thank you for the thought. Was wondering if you could get those things that go round babies bottles that you crack to keep chilled but dont know if they do them small enough.

the trouble was the heat in the room (we used fans) and the heat in my hands as well(kept dipping in water to chill)

have you noticed peeps i am trying to spell check :)

How about standing the polish in a bowl of cold water as well as your hands :)

EXCELLENT IDEA THANK YOU few ice cubes in it shoudl do the trick an just make sur ei keep putting it back in there.

thank you very much x

Sorry if this sounds strange but being from Australia we have quite warm summers and i have to say am lucky not to have any problems with polish like this.

Is it the humidity that comes with the heat that is the cause?

I see you use fans for cooling, do you have air conditioners in your salons/ homes?

I make sure my products are kept out of direct sunlight and in a cool place and fortunately I haven't had any problems. The beautician at the beauty salon where I rent a table has had to keep hers in the fridge cause the consistency went all funny. Both of us use Creative. I am sure it was because they were exposed to the direct sunlight.

Donna967 said:
Sorry if this sounds strange but being from Australia we have quite warm summers and i have to say am lucky not to have any problems with polish like this.

Is it the humidity that comes with the heat that is the cause?

I see you use fans for cooling, do you have air conditioners in your salons/ homes?
Unfortunately no,most of us dont have air con in our homes or salons.We dont normally need them as our climate is a lot cooler than yours.We have been having a very,very hot summer and most of us are just not equipped for it.Hence the problems with the polish.HTH

What about buying one of those mini fridges to keep them in by your desk. I brought one for my niece at christmas for her room. It was only £14 from argos. It saves you having to keep in water and drying the bottle or walking back and fourth from the fridge.

I a mobile technician so a fridge isnt feasible but thank you.

The trouble is wih the humidity and holding the polish in my hand while polishing just that little bit of contact and the polish is heating up and melting.

If the polish goes glupy with the heat .. does it go back to normal once its cooled down, or is it then ruined?

Just had a look for you Jen they have returned to normal but theya re in a nice cool room again now.

i think i'm going to have to do the bowl of water or ice pack thing and keep putting the bottle down rather than holding in my hand as i usually would.

scattyfox said:
Just had a look for you Jen they have returned to normal but theya re in a nice cool room again now.

Thanks Lucia :hug:

i think i'm going to have to do the bowl of water or ice pack thing and keep putting the bottle down rather than holding in my hand as i usually would.

Best of luck with changing your routine... roll on the cooler weather ... phew!!!

scattyfox said:

I think the fridge mentioned is very small.I have one that I use for camping and its got a handle and is very compact.Easy for transporting when mobile.Not heavy at all.

JoJoPearce said:
What about buying one of those mini fridges to keep them in by your desk. I brought one for my niece at christmas for her room. It was only £14 from argos. It saves you having to keep in water and drying the bottle or walking back and fourth from the fridge.
Great idea, when I do my Masters exams, I will take my mini fridge with me for the day:)

scattyfox said:
I a mobile technician so a fridge isnt feasible but thank you.

The trouble is wih the humidity and holding the polish in my hand while polishing just that little bit of contact and the polish is heating up and melting.
You can get small fridges and cool boxes that plug into car cigarette lighters, I think Halfords do them, that would help mobile techs.

Latest posts

Back