Presto LED Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c-b0t

Reaction score
So I called Nail Labo (I think it's mainly a Japanese professional nail shop) today because I wanted to order some stuff, and the man asked me if I'm familiar with their new gel system that'll be coming out in April called Presto. He told me that instead of using a UV light to cure it, you'll cure it with a LED light instead. I got curious so I looked up the website. It says that the gel only takes 5 seconds to cure, and removal takes 10 minutes.

I don't know about you guys, but I looooooooooove new systems! I'm quite excited!

The site's in Japanese, but if you click "Product", and then the button all the way to the top right, you can see its application and removal process.
LED GEL Presto

It looks pretty interesting...and if it is LED light then there wouldn't be heat spikes and a it would be a great system for clients that are sensitive. And it is a soak off system and it appears that there is no primer either...it looks like it would be great.

Is it available for purchase in the US and Canada? Did he tell you anything about pricing?

Now you have my interest...keep me posted!

hmmm, always interesting to hear about new technologies.

not sure that led would rule out heatspike though, its the gel curing on the nail not the lamp itself that causes it. and its pretty easy to prevent or minimise it anyway.

i have no idea whether there is any kind of initiator that is sensitive to led light. or whether there are any benefits to be had by curing with led.

i do wish i could read japanese so that i could more fully understand the instructions and product information.

:) Hi all! YAYA my 1st post! (BLUSH) Loved the idea behind this so i looked it up and I found a site in Cal. that sels it! Nail Labo, Inc but it does not give any info other then how to use it

OPI had a gel system nearly 20 years ago that cured with a halogen light ....

The heat spike was so bad the lights only allowed you to cure one fingernail at a time (no one could have stood the pain from all 5 at once) so to work efficiently you had to have 2 lamps; they looked like little Dalecks from Dr Who :lol:.

The gel discoloured terribly and were a yellowy green colour within 6 weeks.

The gel was rubbery and had to be polished.

It certainly is not new technology to be able to cure a gel with a normal light.

This system looks more like a way to apply permanent polish rather than a way to enhance. But the step by step looks nice and the idea of doing the job with such a quick cure time should be appealing. It doesn't look like an enhancement system.

I wonder if it is professional only or if it will be sold to the general public??

Last edited:
It looks a lot like Bio to me. Beautiful for NNO, but not practical for enhancements (IMHO)

Hi there. UV lamps reproduce the solar UV rays in a compact bundle. Hence, I suppose you can cure your gels by exposing them to the sunlight for a long time (we do not know how long). LED is Light Emitting Dioude. It has UV rays and, therefore, the new LED nail lamps will cure ALL gels. Some manufacturers of gels and sellers of the lamps claim that they will cure only certain gels: NO. Believe me, they will cure them all. They will soon be available at a cheaper band and I hope all of us will be interested!!

Currently I am using a gel by Harmony called REVEAL. This gel is designed to be cured using a LED light but it can also be cured using a 4X9 watt lamp. I have tried it in a LED and it does warm up a bit but in the 4X9 there is no heat spike at all. The gel moves beautifully and the white is a bright white, very similar to the Pure Opaque Brisa White. I have been using this gel for a few months now and it rocks!!! You can pick up a master kit from Nail Tech Supply in USA.

http://www.nailtechsupply.com/cart/index.phpmain_page=index&cPath=797

In Canada there is a distributor in Ontario and one in Calgary. PM me and I will get the toll free numbers for you.

Hi there. UV lamps reproduce the solar UV rays in a compact bundle. Hence, I suppose you can cure your gels by exposing them to the sunlight for a long time (we do not know how long). LED is Light Emitting Dioude. It has UV rays and, therefore, the new LED nail lamps will cure ALL gels. Some manufacturers of gels and sellers of the lamps claim that they will cure only certain gels: NO. Believe me, they will cure them all. They will soon be available at a cheaper band and I hope all of us will be interested!!

Ohhh, I feel a storm brewing:eek:

Can you clarify on HOW ,,this statment seem a BIG claim to make with no back up or proof,, as we all know to make a claim you need proof and research to back up your claim or atleast from reputable source have proof by research that this claim can be taken seriously,,,come on:irked::irked:

So I called Nail Labo (I think it's mainly a Japanese professional nail shop) today because I wanted to order some stuff, and the man asked me if I'm familiar with their new gel system that'll be coming out in April called Presto. He told me that instead of using a UV light to cure it, you'll cure it with a LED light instead. I got curious so I looked up the website. It says that the gel only takes 5 seconds to cure, and removal takes 10 minutes.

I don't know about you guys, but I looooooooooove new systems! I'm quite excited!

The site's in Japanese, but if you click "Product", and then the button all the way to the top right, you can see its application and removal process.
LED GEL Presto
Go to Ebay where it is possible to find some lamps at a good price. The best is the concave one where you can put the five fingers at the same time. I do ot like the convex one where your thumb would stay outside and it is bulky.
Great stuff

There are not so many factories in the world that produce gel for nails, and fewer that produce gel that can be cured using LED lamps. Of these, one is a company in China that had LED gel as far back as 2009 I believe. Non of the US or European factories produced LED gel that can cure in 5 seconds to my knowledge.

So most likely the gel you found is Chinese origin. This would also tie up with what I was told by a judge from Japan who I met at Nailympics - who told me that the Japanese market is being flooded (and she said destroyed) by low cost Chinese products.

Now it may well be that this gel is OK, but be aware of the following:

1. The laws for producing cosmetics (nail gel falls into this category) are a lot loser than in Europe or the USA. This means it could contain potentially dangerous chemicals. Almost certainly the factory has not conducted clinical trials that are required in the US and Europe.

2. Any product sold or used in Europe must by law conform to the European Directive for Cosmetic Products. Now unfortunately there are a great many US and European companies that don't follow these laws to the letter - CND and the products from our company Iryna Giblett are two companies that do. The labeling must include:

• Name and address of manufacturer
  • Name and address of European importer (address must be underlined)
  • Ingredients (using INCI chemical names)
  • Risk and Safety statements (can be put on external packaging/box, but must be present - check for yourself how many nail polishes, mascara, eye liners don't have this!)
  • Weight / volume
  • Part number
  • SKU (this is the manufacturing batch number)
  • Irritant, flamable, Book (more info on box) etc orange square signs, as appropriate
3. If you do decide to buy, make sure that you obtain a MSDS for the gel.

4. There is the possibility that you would invalidate your insurance if you used a product that did not meet the European cosmetic laws

5. When you import a product from outside Europe, you are liable for import duty, customs fees, VAT

6. Also consider the cost of shipping

Buying such a product is not so different from those salons that use MMA monomer in my opinion.

I am not knocking you. Most of this info most nail techs aren't aware of. Nor was I until we developed our own products ;-).

Hope this helps,

Bob

Bob what a fantastic reply, thanks for taking the time. I've often seen cheap products on Ebay but have never been tempted I'm sure the products would be poor quality not to mention the posibility of MMA being present. Apart from the fact that you could invalidate your insurance although anyone who uses these products might not even have it, would you really run the risk of causing harm to your clients, how bad would you feel and look if you did. x

Hey Wendy, :hug: !

The problem is if you import an unknown product then really you become responsible that it is safe. Professional distributors mostly make it their business to understand the law and that if they don't do the necessary checks then they could be sued big time if someone is injured or fined if they break EU laws.

I really understand that some nail techs are very enthusiastic to try something new, and that's something I would applaud. But best to experiment with products that are already imported as then you can blame the distributor if something goes wrong.

Hugs,

Bob

Latest posts

Back