[primal scream] how to use a cheap binding maching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I've just bought a binding machine and am absolutely struggling with the picture instructions.
I have somehow managed to work out how to manually punch holes into the paper.
Now I am struggling with applying the comb binding, it just doesn't show you how to do it properly.

Its the sohomaster pavo binding machine (manual).

it has 2 rows of teeth sticking up, and looks like a large hole punch.

Am doing my :irked:

I use binding machines at work so hopefully can help you as I can't see them differing much brand to brand.

There should be some metal "spikes" at the top of the machine, place your plastic comb on here. Then, have a look on the left-hand side of the machine and there should be a lever, pull this and the metal teeth should grab the pastic comb and open it. If the lever is not there, you should be able to do it by turning the lever you used to create the holes the other way.

Then you can thread the comb through the holes in the paper by placing the paper on top and wiggling it into place. Then turn the lever the opposite way to what you did the first time and it should close the comb and leave your papers secure. Then you can just take it off and voila!

Hope this helps - it's much harder to explain on here than in person!

:hug:

this is a mega cheap one and its plastic! It looks like a very large hole punch.
Their are 2 lots of plastic teeth sticking up, their is 2 very cheap plastic slides that don't do anything, the picture depicting what to do says just press the 2 levers down.
it really doesn't work.

Having just acquired one of these I can say that it does work - but the instructions (diagrams only) are as clear as mud. Punching paper is by inserting it in the slot under the operating lever for 21 holes - or on the other side for 4 holes. To put the binding comb in it has to be droped on to the pegs with the side levers down and the solid side of the comb facing the machine hinge. Then moving the comb to the right engages the comb loops on the second row of pins. Raising the side levers then opens the comb to allow binding. Not sure if this makes it any clearer - Some better diagrams in the instructions would be easier.

Latest posts

Back