Princess parties?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did one princess party and it was a nightmare :(
Naughty kids, spilt nail polish, smudged nails....not sure I'll be doing it again x

Hi. I offer princess parties. I offer much the same as everyone else for £11 p.h or for an extra £5 p.h I offer to take a qualified nursery nurse (my daughter!) to entertain the other little darlings while I do each child's nails! She does games and colouring etc with them. We are also both CRB checked (not sure it matters though) Hth x

I've just started girls parties. I've really enjoyed it so far.
I charge £10.00 per child. That includes a nice party bag, file, mini hand massage and a polish. I offer transfers or crackle. They loved the black crackle and OPI Katie perry range.
Does anyone offer two week non chips products?
My insurance company recommends getting a form signed by all parents allowing you to carry out the treatments.
Plus as long as a parent is there, you don't need CRB.
So far the kids have had a good time. I had a group hug of 6 11yr olds last time. I wasn't expecting that!!!

I have been considering this for a while so have commented to keep the thread!

hi hun

these parties are great little money makers and can be as simple or elaborate as you want. I offer polish rockstar nail parties. My mini rockstar is simply lumos, glittery polish, glitter then lumos again.

How do you do that? Ive tried this sort of thing on myself, but with disasterous results! Glitter EVERYWHERE lol.
I imagine I'd be asked for something like this but dont know how to do it.
Thanks
x

Do any of the geeks already doing princess parties mind sharing your parental consent forms with the rest if us. I need to make some up but not sure what to put on them.

Thanks x

How do you do that? Ive tried this sort of thing on myself, but with disasterous results! Glitter EVERYWHERE lol.
I imagine I'd be asked for something like this but dont know how to do it.
Thanks
x

hi hun

after I've file/shaped each girls nails, i scrubfresh then apply base coat to all eight girls. I then take each girl in turn and apply one of the effects polishes which is glittery, tap glitter out of the pot directly on to the nail (my glitter is in little shaker pots which helps) take an old acrylic brush gently brush glitter over spill and gently pat down with the brush and then move along to the next finger and so on an so fourth. Once I've done each girl's glitter i then start again and do top coat. You can put two coats on if you want just be weary its not too thick or will take longer to dry obviously. After I've done that a little bit of solar oil on each nail and then a small amount of scentsations lotion on their hands avoiding nails obviously. I also have bit of table roll on top of the wrist rest and towel so catches any glitter so that i can discard at the end. I must say though i get quite glittery doing it for eight kids! Hth x o x

Do any of the geeks already doing princess parties mind sharing your parental consent forms with the rest if us. I need to make some up but not sure what to put on them.

Thanks x

hi hun

for my consent forms i basically have exactly the same as i do on my normal consultation forms but amend it slightly. So i have parents name on there and re word the declaration bit to read from a parents point of view about their child. This was what my insurance abt told me to do, so nice and simple to just amend the existing form.

Hth if you want me to email mine over still just pm me your email address and I'll do it tomorrow morning hun as on phone at the mo.

X x x

hi hun

after I've file/shaped each girls nails, i scrubfresh then apply base coat to all eight girls. I then take each girl in turn and apply one of the effects polishes which is glittery, tap glitter out of the pot directly on to the nail (my glitter is in little shaker pots which helps) take an old acrylic brush gently brush glitter over spill and gently pat down with the brush and then move along to the next finger and so on an so fourth. Once I've done each girl's glitter i then start again and do top coat. You can put two coats on if you want just be weary its not too thick or will take longer to dry obviously. After I've done that a little bit of solar oil on each nail and then a small amount of scentsations lotion on their hands avoiding nails obviously. I also have bit of table roll on top of the wrist rest and towel so catches any glitter so that i can discard at the end. I must say though i get quite glittery doing it for eight kids! Hth x o x

Thank you so much for yuor help. I will certainly add it to my list. I think where I went wrong with myself was I didnt pat the loose glitter down so it went all over the place! lol

I'll practice on myself again tonight. I love glitter all year round! I have one of those glitter catcher trays from years of card making and now it'll have a new lease of life!
xx

youre more than welcome hun! Have fun! X x x

hi hun

for my consent forms i basically have exactly the same as i do on my normal consultation forms but amend it slightly. So i have parents name on there and re word the declaration bit to read from a parents point of view about their child. This was what my insurance abt told me to do, so nice and simple to just amend the existing form.

Hth if you want me to email mine over still just pm me your email address and I'll do it tomorrow morning hun as on phone at the mo.

X x x

Will pm you now! Still haven't sorted out my consultation cards out, still using rubbish 1s I bought from Sally's!

Thank you

Hi,

I'm thinking of starting these too.

My routine I was thinking of was:
Get girls to choose what colours etc they wanted first!
Get the mum or help I've brought with me to take pictures during the things below

Then file all girls nails
Then base coat all nails
Then colour all girls nails
Then top coat all girls nails

Then while drying!

Do there tattoo, there hair bits n pieces they don't need to help me do lool

Then do their make up after that still, so they don't really need to touch anything

Then Take there pictures separately and a couple group photos aswell which will either be printed and sent to the mum after the party and put on the website if the parents have given permission.

Then give them their goody bags

And then tidy up and leave ?

What do you think I've never done this before but need something new and fun in
My life and would love for this to work lool x

Hi all I love this idea I am wondering do you just do a mini mani and pedi and paint ect or do you all add makeup and hair as this is not something I do ( makeup and hair) what is expected in a princess party? Would you do the invites with the parental consent in there and forward them on when booking? What's the itinerary that everyone is using?

I do princess parties they are quite popular whilst they are getting their hands done i give them friendship bracelets to make to keep them occupied they love them and something extra to keep

a few years ago there used to be a little shop in town that was solely just for princess party's it was so popular & people booked months in advance, We had one for my nieces birthday & here is what they did & what was charged - fingers & toes painted, hair curled, they all had a little pink butterfly or flower drawn on there face with glitter added.. so cute, a girls raffle (which I thinks a fab idea lol) you give all the lil lady's a raffle ticket & pick one out & obvs give them a little prize they all get really excited bless, cupcake for each child & a goody bag, it was £15 per head, if I remember it was about 2 1/2 - 3 hours long for 10 kids x

Loving this thread, some great tips & ideas, thanks for sharing xxx

I've been researching this since I first saw this thread. What a fab idea. I've also just realised that there's no one near me that does this yet! Great wee money maker. Just a wee question, where do you all buy all your jewellery making bits and bobs? Thanks x

Hi I'm not doing a princess party but. Pamper/hen party on Saturday after much back and forth they are going with just mini Mani and pedis. I'm offering file, polish and mini massage but I dont really use standard polish now as everyone wants gel polish.
Can anyone recommend a product I can get either at Sally's or on Internet before sat that will help drying process?

Lumos! Best base and top coat i have ever used. Delivery from sweet squared is pretty fast so you'd get it in time for then. I wouldn't use anything else. Gives a really good result aswell, really shiny.

Good luck with your pamper party :) i've got my first one on friday night! A pedicure party, really nervous! Xx

i second lumos base and top coat from sweet squared hun. Super fast dry time and lovely and glossy finish! X

Latest posts

Back