Problem down below

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlo3

Reaction score
I dont know if anyone has asked this before,but when doing brazilian or hollywood waxing what do you do when the client has viginal discharge which can be very uncomfortable for the therapist as it can sometimes be really smelly.how do you tell your client without making her feel uncomfortable and embarrased?

Hi hun
I am sorry i can't help but didn't want to read and run, hopefully some skilled waxer will pop along and help, read some post earlier with a therapist called ZOZO so i am sure someone will help. xx

Whenever I have gone to get a wax in strip London they have left me to change, given me a pack of wet wipes and suggested I can 'freshen up' I even take my own in case they run out as I'm paranoid lol!

I think wet wipes are a really good idea.

Now I have one client in particular with this problem and if I'm really honest it does turn my stomach and especially as I'm pregnant and it doesn't take much to make me retch, I have to turn away sometimes to compose myself. Yuk!

Now, in all seriousness, I have been thinking about what to do about it:)

I have decided that next time she comes, as soon as she gets in the legs akimbo position, I'm going to clean her up myself. I know a lot of you are going to be repulsed, but let's face it, we are UP CLOSE & PERSONAL to our brazilian / hollywood clients, we are touching them and so forth, so it's not really that much of a big deal and if I'm quick and don'tmake any kind of fuss, she probably won't even notice.

Do you not have a notice on your website saying to make sure you are clean and fresh before treatments?
I don't do intimate waxing and this is one of the main reasons it has put me off although I would really like to train in it, to be honest I think it's unnecessary and doesn't take long for someone to have a quick spruce up before having something like this, I think I would probably refuse to do it if it was that bad and zo zo your braver than me lol! X

Edit after a re think.

Last edited:
I don't have a notice on my website although I may put one on when I update it. To be honest though, I don't think people should need to be told to be clean when they're coming for an intimate treatment. The girl in question is very young...

I wouldn't have the nerve to refuse to do the treatment.

One of my worst experiences of bad personal hygiene was actually feet and yes, it can take a while to get the smell out of the room!

Another geek gave me a tip and it does work - smear the insides of your nostrils with Vicks vapour rub!

Yeah I agree they shouldn't be told but some people are completely oblivious even though it's pretty obvious you should have a quick spruce up before booking an intimate waxing, it's just that I saw this on Kim lawless website about waxing etiquette and thought it was a good idea :) oh and definitely agree about the smelly feet.. I might give the vicks a go in future! X

I just can't believe some clients are so oblivious to their own lack of personal hygiene. I always wonder what their partners must think!!

I always leave wipes, and 99% of clients are really thorough with them. I do get the odd smelly one, but I'm not squeamish, I just crack on. (no pun intended lol).

I have thought about getting feminine deodorant for them to use too. Which would just mask any whiffs. So that may be an option for anyone squeamish with smells.

It is a really awkward situation, and there is no easy way around it. You dot want to offend anyone, and it's only a natural body function. But it's also something no one else should be subjected to!

Last edited:
I always advise clients that I am leaving the room to wash my hands whilst they ready themselves for their wax and that I have left wipes and/or female deoderant on the couch that I NEED THEM TO USE before their service.

Look at how many geeks have read this compared to other theads! Lol ...you guys!!!!:lick:

Oh DEAR LORD!!!!!! That was sooooooo the wrong smiley!!!!! I didnt mean to put that!!
Hanging my head in shame!:o

ha ha gill, we are waxy people that's why were were on it like a rash!

Oh DEAR LORD!!!!!! That was sooooooo the wrong smiley!!!!! I didnt mean to put that!!

Lmao!!!!

I always leave wipes on the couch and when I leave them to get undressed I tell them I have left them there for them to use.
Most of my clients usually ask to use the bathroom before a wax so I'm lucky that they are very clean
I do have a note on my website about being clean but I've only got it on my male waxing page. I don't know why as I find my men are scrupulously clean. I may have to change my website actually so I don't appear sexist :)
I always clean with a cleanser before I start anyway so that usually gets rid of any nasties.
I agree with Zoe though, feet are my main problem. I had one client kick her crocks off and put them under the middle of the couch right under where I was standing. The smell was nauseous and every time I moved a bit I tried to discreetly kick them a bit further away from me.

I can't say I've ever had problems like that! I do make it clear on my website that I expect them to be fresh! I don't think I would want to hurt someones feelings by saying anything to them. I always do a good cleanse first so I would wipe any excess of anything away!

Saying that I've had 3 kiddies& if I encountered anything when pregnant I'd b able to smell it a mile off so
I do feel for you zozo!

Xx

I always hand my ladies paper pants and baby wipes. But has i'm a body piercer to i did once have to tell a lady that i wouldn't piercer because the smell was that bad,i just couldn't :irked:

I agree with Zoe though, feet are my main problem. I had one client kick her crocks off and put them under the middle of the couch right under where I was standing. The smell was nauseous and every time I moved a bit I tried to discreetly kick them a bit further away from me.

How on earth do you get crocs to smell?!?! lol.

Last edited:

Hearty lol at that.

I have one particular client who is very clean, freshens up before waxing etc ...... but the smell is still overwhelming.:o

Solution - I dab lavender oil on my nostrils and it works a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back