Problem down below

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just trying to give across a clients point of view here. Because this is a public forum it is viewable by all!

If I was a potential client and read this via Google and saw that therapists were discussing retching and feeling sick after treating one of their clients, then I may not consider them as a therapist.

Being told to lighten up when giving a potential clients point of view is not very constructive.

I agree with Fiona for what it is worth ...

Read through this all again and anyone would have to be pretty hard pressed to call this a professional discussion between therapists. Among yourselves privately is one thing .. this site is not private. Blogs are private.

It all sounds very immature to me and like a schoolgirls' smut session. Had I taken part or got drawn into this thread I would have erased my post by now.

Had I happened on this post and read it, I would never have thought those taking part in it were professionals perfectly well aware that others could see what they were saying.

I agree with geeg and Naturalnails. Also I would not even mention it to a client! On their first appointment I just say please use the bathroom if you need to freshen up and I leave it at that. If a therapist said anything about that sort of thing to me I would be mortified and never go back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Fiona for what it is worth ...

Read through this all again and anyone would have to be pretty hard pressed to call this a professional discussion between therapists. Among yourselves privately is one thing .. this site is not private. Blogs are private.

It all sounds very immature to me and like a schoolgirls' smut session. Had I taken part or got drawn into this thread I would have erased my post by now.

Had I happened on this post and read it, I would never have thought those taking part in it were professionals perfectly well aware that others could see what they were saying.

I read this and re read the thread and I agree. I have since edited my post.

I will not be deleting mine because i don't feel i wrote anything untoward.

Perhaps you'd all like to see what one person who has now left salon geek had to say about this 'discussion' between professionals in this other delightful thread posted yesterday!!

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/143955-intimate-waxing-surrey.html Her post is on the last page but do read it all. A perfect example of someone reading a tone in to a post where there was none and then coming over very badly herself !! In fact a few come over very badly intentionally where the poster herself was not once intentionally rude !

I've just read it and the poster was very rude at the end when she said she is above us all! Lol and going on about her big house fantastic job and kids in private schools. It annoyed me that she feels she needs to share that with all of us who don't even no her. Maybe her life is rubbish and she had to make all that up to feel better about herself??

Maybe she did but that is irrelevant! She was a member who deserved courtesy not a lynch mob. She never would have had to get to that point if she hadn't been driven there. Personally I think the whole thread should be deleted ... it's shameful and doesn't make any of the protagonists look good. That is the point.

I think the OP was just adding fuel to the fire when she kept replying. I think when something like that happens you should say your peace and then leave it alone.

i retract my 'ww' comment (will remove in a mo) seems rather immature in the cold light of day .. head held in shame icon

however, i do expect a certain level of cleanliness from my clients, there is no excuse for poor hyegene but i accept that some clients may not be aware that they have a problem

as the others have mentioned, i would make wipes, disposable knicks available and tactfully say something like 'these are for your use if you feel you need to freshen up' i wouldnt order them into the bathroom to freshen up - i would feel insulted if it was me, leave it up to them but i think the average person would like to make use of any products available!

i would perhaps print off some form of 'intimate waxing etiquette' sheet or put a piece on your web site or even consultation form

This is what I have In my changing room, It's on clear acetate. Fancy eh? Lol.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310648051.549588.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1310648051.549588.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 232
We are women and are full of oddities, monthly cycles and air pockets, when you play in that area for a living there will be discharge occurnaces, there will be discharge 'accidents', there will be menstrual accidents, there will be flatulant accidents. There may even be times you spot genital warts or herpes bumps and have to deal with that conversation. It happens. Im surprised so many women seem to be repulsed by it.

Scent is not always linked to any bad hygiene. Ever noticed that things get a little different after you've eaten a crap load of garlic or chilli or tumeric? Ever notice the difference when a lot of caffiene is consumed? Ever notice the difference a couple of days before ovulation and then menstruation? All kinds of things affect us. Yes you will get the odd person who isnt so good at hygeine but lets not be hasty to judge everyone who doesnt turn up smelling like a bowl of pot pourri as allergic to the bath.

To me, an intimate waxing room should be a sanctuary of total comfort and confidence where you can be sure that your therapist not only understands the human body, but has a pretty much been there seen that attitude.

In understand therapists asking for advice about what to do in such a situation but the icks and ewws to me are off putting. I wouldnt wanna find myself with a 'womans problem' at many of these peoples houses.

We are women and are full of oddities, monthly cycles and air pockets, when you play in that area for a living there will be discharge occurnaces, there will be discharge 'accidents', there will be menstrual accidents, there will be flatulant accidents. There may even be times you spot genital warts or herpes bumps and have to deal with that conversation. It happens. Im surprised so many women seem to be repulsed by it.

Scent is not always linked to any bad hygiene. Ever noticed that things get a little different after you've eaten a crap load of garlic or chilli or tumeric? Ever notice the difference when a lot of caffiene is consumed? Ever notice the difference a couple of days before ovulation and then menstruation? All kinds of things affect us. Yes you will get the odd person who isnt so good at hygeine but lets not be hasty to judge everyone who doesnt turn up smelling like a bowl of pot pourri as allergic to the bath.

To me, an intimate waxing room should be a sanctuary of total comfort and confidence where you can be sure that your therapist not only understands the human body, but has a pretty much been there seen that attitude.

In understand therapists asking for advice about what to do in such a situation but the icks and ewws to me are off putting. I wouldnt wanna find myself with a 'womans problem' at many of these peoples houses.

I couldn't have put it better myself. All of my clients feel they can show me anything and ask me advice on anything without feeling embarrassed at all.

I am saddened today by some of the comments on this thread, honestly girls :sad:

I totally agree - many thanks for a hugely sensitive, empathetic approach.:hug:

OMFG.....this is a great thread if you are on a diet, read before lunch etc. Sorry not helpful but wow, you poor girls, I have enough trouble touching peoples hair if i dont like the look of them!

All of my clients feel they can show me anything and ask me advice on anything without feeling embarrassed at all.

Actually, ditto.

I too have deleted my thread and one other on a different thread. Although I think this is a problem that we all encounter, it shouldn't be so publicly discussed. Discussing clients is not professional and we should try to maintain the standard of this forum by being professional. Sorry.x

Maybe she did but that is irrelevant! She was a member who deserved courtesy not a lynch mob. She never would have had to get to that point if she hadn't been driven there. Personally I think the whole thread should be deleted ... it's shameful and doesn't make any of the protagonists look good. That is the point.

Absolutely agree with this. Read the whole thread and was disgusted at what people think is an acceptable way to speak to others. Nobody on here is any better than anyone else and I think that the little gangs on here should calm down and be a bit more tolerant.
The majority of geeks are charming, funny, professional and helpful but the ones who attack individuals really should be ashamed of themselves.
Driving somebody off a site is appaling.

I know. The poor girl never said anything offensive. I just hope she comes back and realises that not everyone agreed with them. Unfortunately the beauty industry is mainly women, and having worked with both in big groups (I'm still in the Royal Navy about to leave to pursue beauty) I much preferred working with the men. Simply because if they had a problem, they'd tell you directly. Where a lot of the women were very bitchy and clicky. I'm a woman myself so I do realise I'm slating myself here but if you've done the same you'd see where I'm coming from. I wanted to reply to the thread in defence of the woman but it was already locked. At the end of the day, you can have qualifications and credentials up to your armpits but if you don't have manners, politeness and have a rude and abrupt attitude then your credentials will only get you so far. Hate meaness, there's no need!

Ok I think this is done now. I hope the OP got the answers she needed as the thread has now gone way off topic.

Let's hope we have all learned a bit of professionalism from this thread and the other one.

Moving on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back