Problem down below

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, lavender makes me more queasy than any body odour!! Lol.

I sometimes observe an unpleasant odour when trimming down the hair with my clippers and I hold my breath lol.

Jacqui xx

Oh DEAR LORD!!!!!! That was sooooooo the wrong smiley!!!!! I didnt mean to put that!!
Hanging my head in shame!:o

hhahahahaha!!!

Yes I always put wet wipes out to freshen up while they get ready!!
x

Oh my word this has made me chuckle ;) not a waxer myself but I do sympathise ! I've done a few tans where the ladies have reeked , especially when they lift their arms yuk ;( but I grin and bear it doesn't happen too often fortunately xx

Another geek gave me a tip and it does work - smear the insides of your nostrils with Vicks vapour rub!

My sister works in a hospital and helps with postmortems(dead bodies) and she does the same thing !!

comment retracted as in poor taste .. wrist slapped, head held in shame!!!
if a client has foot odour i just ask them to freshen up, i spray on lots scented sanitiser (mundo vanilla) and hope for the best - but i guess its all part of the job, in all fairness some people really cant help the way they smell

Last edited:
Im terrible when im going off for my hollywood. I have a quick shower (just the bottom half) right before i leave, then straight in the car and hope for the best.

When iused to get the bus, or if i dont go straight there, then i ALWAYS ask for the key to the loo before i go in, im so paranoid! Even if its like 5 hours since a shower and boyfriend wants to say hello to my lady bits im thinking 'oh god please let me be all fresh'!!

Shame not everyone takes that view, it's putting me off doing my training lol!

Never thought about it before either, although 2 weeks back when doing PhD training we were encouraged to hand out wipes and disposable knickers for any waxing down there, including just a standard bikini.

The thought of someone finding me smelly turns my stomach.

I'm loving the ideas of putting some rub on your nose, tiger balm it is for me from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
i once had a massage from a woman who had a very strong odour down there. it was an unpleasant treatment to say the least. then when i started working as a massage therapist i was always worried about one of my clients having the same experience even though i've never had an issue with that myself! so i was always changing my clothes and freshening up constantly lol

and i agree with the geek who gets all worried 5 hours after a shower and the boy wants to say hello!!! ahahahha a womans work is never done! sigh

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at how many geeks have read this compared to other theads! Lol ...you guys!!!!:lick:

Omg! Laughing so much at smiley! Hehe!

I'm not brazillian trained (and feeling a bit put off now to be honest!) but I did used to live with a girl who had cheesy feet. It was a full on cheese, even the foot of her bed used to reek! I also had a friend who used to smell of fish really bad, but she was always showering so I felt bad for her! It must be terrible to smell like fish and be able to do nothing about it.
Just edited a couple of words as it sounded a bit crude. I don't want to lower the tone. Sorry. :-(

Last edited:
There is condition which causes fishy smell. I can't remember what it's called, bur it's an actual thing. :(

Oh dear. That must be awful.

every girl of course has a smell. as well as every guy. just depends on the body chemistry, regardless of washing constantly.

I am actually quite embarrassed about this thread. If I was a waxing client and read this I would never go for a wax treatment again. Wondering if my therapist talked about me behind my back the way you are talking about your clients.

If you dont like waxing then why do it.

It must take huge courage for someone to come to have an intimate waxing treatment and this is how you are discussing them. Many people do not realise they have any odour issues because most of the time you cant really smell your own smell. At certain times of the month you get discharge and not everyone knows when this is likely to happen. I am sure they do not deliberately arrive in your salon smelling!

Maybe you smell to them and you dont realise!

Remember this is a public forum and if someone googles intimate waxing they are very likely to come across this thread. Do you think a prospective client is going to visit any of you if this is what they read that you are thinking of them.

Lighten up, the girls are simply sharing stories and advice. If they can't do it on here then where can they?

I don't think anyone has said anything out of order. It's an issue that some of us have to face, so we are discussing solutions... some people ARE just unaware of their actual personal hygiene, which leads to odours. So maybe a potential waxing client will read this and make sure they make an effort to arrive clean and fresh! I don't see why we should be embarrassed when this is the case?!

For those that do have an odour problem, it's unavoidable and as therapists we do understand, but if you're clean then that's the important thing.

The OP was showing concern for a client with poor personal hygeine and the thread has evolved to other odour issues.

I dont do intimate waxing,but im sure it is doubly important to make sure the area is clean as it would be an area that could potentially become infected if you were waxing an area that had bacteria on it.So if they haven't cleaned themselves then the therapist would surely have to do it wouldn't they? in the same way as we wipe over the outer areas and underarms etc.

I do intimate waxing but have never had one done myself for this reason as,although i know id be clean ect,i know,mainly through reading posts on this site that alot of therapists do judge clients and feel the need sit on forums like this discussing them.i know you all dont think your doing any harm n its just a discussion but theres noway as a bikini wax virgin that i would read this thread and go have one done. I do not mean this to come across bitchy or argumebtative at all just thought id say how it may look to the public reading this site xx

Sent from my X10i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back