Professional Beauty goes .... well Professional

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozzyo

Reaction score
Just been reading HABIA News today and there was a page about Professional Beauty London next year and how they are being much stricter on the fact it is a trade show for the trade.

Will be interesting to see how it differs, and with a £10 entry (going up to £20 in Jan and then £40 on the door!).

Professional Beauty London - Welcome

Anyone have any thoughts?

Yes, it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference.

Btw, I've also noticed they say they reserve the right to ask to see professional certificates before entry to the exhibition.

Will they have hair extensions there or is it just hairdressing do you know? xxx

Prob too early to know, they will have the exhibitors list on the website in due course - keep an eye on that.

Will they have hair extensions there or is it just hairdressing do you know? xxx

There is no hair at all - Salon International in Oct is the only Hair Show in the UK and is 5 days long!!

Professional Beauty at ExCeL has tanning, skin care brands, wholesalers (like Sallys), nails, bty treatment machines (like electrolysis machines etc) and I am sure there is more but can't think... but certainly no hair! :idea:

Think she means it is one big one for hair, so everyone will be exhibiting there.

Do they not think jo public will bay ten pound or twenty when they can pick up some bargains, i do not think so. To be quite honest i think that if they start applying charges fewer proffesionals will go. But i went to the show this year and was not that impressed, actually wondered if it was worth the petrol let alone paying for it.
I did not find many good deals, jessica did not even take there christmas stock. I think it is good for finding out what is new on the market and trying different things and getting cheaper training. But for me i got very little from it. Salon geek keeps me fully informed if i am honest, with loads of opinions which helps loads.
May be if they had more deals and asked for proof of business or qualifications that would help the jo public bit rather than charging :irked:xxxx

I've had a call this afternoon with a very nice guy telling me that they are hoping to make it more trade. He also asked me if I'd like to be sent a VIP pass for Excel :) which obviously I said yes to!!

Has anyone else had this call?? Or am I just special!!!!! :wink2:

I've had a call this afternoon with a very nice guy telling me that they are hoping to make it more trade. He also asked me if I'd like to be sent a VIP pass for Excel :) which obviously I said yes to!!

Has anyone else had this call?? Or am I just special!!!!! :wink2:
Yes, I had the call asking if I'd like a free VIP ticket. I'm guessing we'll all be offered one. xx

Hi Kim , you didnt get his number did yu as i would like some VIP tickets but i dont think he will call me in spain....

I would love a VIP ticket....:)

I had a similar call too so they are obviously working hard to make it a success.:)

Hi Kim , you didnt get his number did yu as i would like some VIP tickets but i dont think he will call me in spain....
No sorry, I didn't. It just sounded like a sales guy so maybe call them and ask for a VIP ticket.....whatever that means. xxx

They clearly need to do something to get interest back into the show, and it looks like they are listening and trying to sort it out. They also need to get exhibitors behind the changes, get good show offers and be stricter about who they allow to exhibit - no jewellery, no bags, no tarot readers!!

I agree!! Jewellery, bags, belts & tarot readers can sell their wares on the end of Brighton pier...NOT at a professional beauty show!!! :mad:

Hi fellow geeks !
This is our first outing on salon geek and hopefully have lots of answers to your questions about Professional Beauty London !
Yes it's true ! We have banned all handbags, gladrags, jewellery, tarot and all other non beauty exhibitors at our shows. Bringing back the professional to the No1 beauty show in the UK.
No more members of joe public.
No industry accredidation/qualification = No entry
Check out www.professionalbeauty.co.uk/london to view the current exhibitor list, see all the latest show news including the fabulous new and improved masterclasses, nail competition and amazing industry gurus we have lined up for you to see - all included in your entry fee !
Happy to help answer any questions you may have and look forward to meeting you at the show in March !

Well, £10 fee or no, I'm looking forward to going to Excel again this year. I don't mind paying for the privilege of keeping out pushchairs :evil: and other non trade people. For me it's a chance to meet geeks and my suppliers, see what every one else is up to and just to maintain the 'buzz' of the industry.

Sadly I think the whole thing is getting a bit 'political'.:irked:

I cant remember the last show i went to, they are a nightmare!! pushchairs and suitcases knocking into you and running over your feet, mad women pushing you out the way to get to a bargain. no thankyou!!

I would rather pay to go, and there be less people so as not to get battered and bruised once inside!

Latest posts

Back