Professional Nails: Geek names - how did you choose yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was a quick decision when first logging on to this site, had seen some funny names and thought thats what you had to do, so as I work mainly with GEL and my name is Debbie came up quickly with Debbies Gellies at least it rolls off the tongue easy lol not that it sounds good tho.

Business name is Beautiful Nails by Debbie dont know why I didn't use that?

(on another site, not for nails tho, i am 'er indoors) lol

My user name is my name - simple as that!

My business name is PerfectTen - as in 10 perfect nails!

My user name on AOL used to be SheSnowAngel I used to get alot of comments along the lines of "ohhh I get it - thats clever"!!! Actually - I might save up my geeky points and change my name...!

Mine is boring...

Linda cause thats my name
H cause my surname is Hillier
73 cause i was born in 1973

I use to go by the name Gelbra on other websites cause i was very flat chested and always wore gel bras but decided that i didn't want to be called that on here and then i had a breast enlargement and didn't need to be called that anymore!!!! :D

My business name is Linda's Beauty 4 U, just because i wanted people to know that i was pampering them!!!

Noodle was my sister-in-law's nickname at school, so I kinda adopted that.

bling nails cause i love gems on nails and anything else that blings!

my business name is TAN 'n' TALONS.
i always have a tan, whether i use fake tan or sunbeds and my friends and clients have always referred to my very long nails as talons, so it had to be TAN 'n' TALONS.

I spent ages trying to think of a business name , wen't through loads and loads before I settled for Aspirations. I wanted something that sounded a bit different, didnt want to be 'nails by sherrie' lol. Thought it would look good in neon lights on my chain of salons too!! PMSL!! Only thing is no-one associates it with nails..... I used to be 'posh pinkies' years ago but wanted something a bit more classy sounding this time. xx

I love dogs! I've got a gorgeous huge golden retriever and when I started doing nails my Mum asked me did that mean I would do paws aswell, so hence the nickname paws!

my user name is my daughters nickname, started from minx, then .....minxybelle...minkus !! Her name is Katie-Paige !

My business name is Absolute Nails.....purely and simply so i was first in the phone book !!!

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In this business you need a certain amount of bravado or confidence. You deal with strangers daily in an intimate way.So you must be good and you must have confidence in your abilities. In the states there is a saying" You Da Man". That people sometimes use when you do something outstanding.

Well..................... I am The Nailman. Who else could use a slogan like "Big Or Small.... We Nail Em All"?

my name came from when i was training i was doing ann summers so the natural progression was for naughty nails!!! the full buisness name is Naughty Nails Tanning and beauty i think its cheeky and people always love the name and have a good giggle when they hear it!!! hope that helps you xxxx

Hi Kat,

Well, my Geek name is self-explanatory. I was so new to the industry when I joined this site that I thought NailNovice2 was very fitting. I am no longer a novice but I have so much still to learn and am still a novice compared to all my mentors that I have just stuck with the name.

my geek name was because my surname is luckhurst (so lucky) and my maiden name is bird, and i was 21 when i joined up, so luckybird21. plus im quite lucky at the mo so it fits! lol;)

Envy -

Envy Nail Design
My business name
(not that I'm cocky though... PMSL!)

my business name is Creative Ten.

i chose this for a couple of reasons,
1. to show that i am a creative nail design girl through and through, and i am very proud of it..
2. i am really into my nail art and i get really CREATIVE with TEN nails infront of me.

Rebecca Orme

P.s Everyone calls me Beck (except when i am in trouble, then it is a definate REBECCA!!!) LOL

I have Tilly Ann because that is what everyone calls me at work for some strange reason?!?! Not quite sure why but I could have alot worse nick names I suppose so I try not to complain!!!

Tilly xx

Im boaring aswell, just used my good old normal name, but wished id given it a bit of thought as my surname didnt quite fit the "n" is missing!! My family nicname is Mousey although i dont no why as im far from quiet!!
My business name is Nail ConneXXion which i just thought had a great sound to it, it just rolls off your tongue
But i agree some of the user names on here are fab!!

Hi Kat!

I chose mine because I spend half my life flying on planes through the night!! As I am a fledgling Geek, I still have to earn a crust doing my day job or it would be out with the begging bowl!! I have been a stewardess for 20years now - wow, doesn't time FLY when you are having fun (sorry about the pun!:D )

My username is boring also. Chris Bowden is my name and just used Chrisbow. Our business name is CC Hair & Nail Design (my sister is Carolyn, or Cat for short) hence the CC.

My name is sort of strange I guess, it has nothing to do with nails obviously - I wasn't sure what to chose for my name so I chose this.

It is actually named after The Lady of Pain - she is a ruler of a city in a fantasy world - a dungeons and dragons setting. I'm pretty geeky in that way, and in the nails way too! Probably totally inappropriate for this site and sometimes I wish I would have chose something else, but there it is!

Mine is angelxdevil as I have two sides of my personality, sometimes I'm an angel..... (yeah right) and other times I'm a little devil.

It then got changed to angel kissing devil. I then decided to have a tattoo on my thigh with a comical angel and a comical devil kissing..... sad I know but it was a grab at youth lol... (sounds like I'm ancient lol) (only 33.... ok ok I am ancient).

Believe it or not it's better than my other nickname..... CACTUSPANTS.... lol.

Latest posts

Back