Profiles - please fill them in!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

min11

Reaction score
Maybe its just me being picky but lately profiles seem to be getting more and more brief. When I joined everyones seemed so detailed with most Geeks having info written up about themselves, when they trained and what in as well as the systems. Lately it's more and more likely you'll take a peek at a profile and it tells you nothing outside of what system is used.

Personally I wish Geeks would fill them in a bit more :hug:

I have just add albums to mine and filled it in.

Ha ha you just got me checking mine :eek:

Nothing like a thread like this to make you think....shucks, have I done mine properly? :lol:

I agree though...I hate the profiles that just say location, sex and whether you are Nails/Hair/Skin ..... so boring :zzz:

Actually I need to update something....:smack:

ive also noticed this aswell.i hate looking at someones profile when its just so brief.im not saying i want to know there life story but it would be nice to know abit about them.:)

ive also noticed this aswell.i hate looking at someones profile when its just so brief.im not saying i want to know there life story but it would be nice to know abit about them.:)

It also helps when we come to answer questions - how I answer a complete newbie is different to how I answer an experienced tech in terms of language used etc......

Hell, I practically wrote an essay.............bored you all right from the start and I'm still doing it :green:

I agree though, why not fill it in and show your 'credentials' even if you are just starting training.

If i read a new persons profile and it is not detailed about training and products used i don't give them the same advise that i would give to some one who i can clearly see has been trained and needs the help to progress with their chosen career,
there are far too many have a go therapists with no training that come here and expect us to train them online:rolleyes:

so if you have been trained and need help please fill out your profile with the relevant info so we can all help you as much as possible :hug:

First of all thank you for starting this thread.
I as a newbee was unsure about how much to tell people about myself when I joined, only because I didnt want to bore anyone. Now I know that you geeks like to now about what and where people trained ect I will go and expand my profile.xxx

Just a thought... I put wannabe nail tec down as Ive only completed L&P foundation and hope to do spa manicure & pedicure next month does this mean when Ive done this I can change my wannabe to nail tec instead? xxx

Oh No Ive went in,and my minds gone blank and I didnt know what more to write about myself so came back on here. At least I tryedxxx

Last edited:
Hell, I practically wrote an essay.............bored you all right from the start and I'm still doing it :green:

There is nothing boring about you....or your profile, hun! :hug:

I agree with all, its nice to know a bit about who you are replying to. I also try and keep mine updated, as I add skills or a new system or something.

There was a time when we used to ask people who posted without having filled in their profile, to do so. But after a while just a few people got a touch OTT about it and it got out of hand a wee bit, and became a bit unwelcoming.

Maybe now with visitor messages, that could be a nice way of reminding someone?

Thanks for the replies, I wasn't sure if I should have said anything or not to start with as loads of views but few reply's. See it never occured to me not to fill mine in with lots of detail. The spaces were there so I assumed they were seen as relevant so filled in they got!

Plus of course I'm just plain nosey and love reading them, some are funny, some are awesome with the education/training history. When I see a filled out profile I see someone who wants to be a part of Geekdom and is proud of their education and what they do? :hug::hug:

I havent put much on mine yet because I havent got any certificates yet.
I started my beauty therapy course at college in Sep 2007 so do I put that as the date I started in the industry or do I wait till I have passed my level 2 and put that date in?
I have done nails and facials in my course so do I put that I am a nail and skin geek?
Sorry to sound thick but I dont want to mislead people and I dont want people thinking that I am experienced when I am not.

I havent put much on mine yet because I havent got any certificates yet.
I started my beauty therapy course at college in Sep 2007 so do I put that as the date I started in the industry or do I wait till I have passed my level 2 and put that date in?
I have done nails and facials in my course so do I put that I am a nail and skin geek?
Sorry to sound thick but I dont want to mislead people and I dont want people thinking that I am experienced when I am not.

In my profile I put that date as when I started my course but you can always break it down in the info about yourself if you wanted :hug:

Got me thinking bout mine, so Iupdated it, I must have been going on tho, it cut me off mid sentence :lol:

Just bumping this up for all the new members. It is a great way of getting to know each other. If you can't be bothered to fill in the details about yourself then it makes it really difficult for us to answer your questions in the best way we can.

Hey what ya got to hide LOL

I have done mine ! i didnt know wat to write when i joined so have updated ! thanks x

i've done mine ..updated all present and correct ...& i broke a nail!!:) there is question i have wanted to ask for a few days..can you change your current profile avatar as i have been trying to do this and it doesn't seem to allow me.?

i'm also trying to get onto the guild website to join as a member ..is there some glich in it>?

Last edited:
i've done mine ..updated all present and correct ...& i broke a nail!!:) there is question i have wanted to ask for a few days..can you change your current profile avatar as i have been trying to do this and it doesn't seem to allow me.?

i'm also trying to get onto the guild website to join as a member ..is there some glich in it>?

If you go to your profile and edit options then you get the option to edit Avatar.

I just updated mine as I have now finished my training. I finished my courses yesterday and passed, so I updated my profile. It is very frustrating looking at a profile that has nothing in it.

Ive been trying to update mine and to put Tantrick under systems but it always just says Ta when i go back to it.I would like to say that i am not acually in the territorial army just in case anyone was wondering.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back