Real nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superb!! So nice to hear so many of you lady's have ur own nails!! Think I'll be using shellac to as everyone seems to love it!!:)xx

I have had fibreglass wraps on my natural nails for the past 7 years, they are really long, but need extra support. Two months ago a switched to Nubar Gelicure, I absolutely love it and I am quickly converting all my wrap clients to this system. Brilliant colours, great strength for natural nails. I would never go back to false nails myself.

My nails are all natural - I always wear polish but I know I have "good nails" so I wear nail art to attract clients :)

x

I'm a natural nail girl too and so are most of my clients. I am currently wearing Gelish in Light Elegant with Taffeta layered over the top xx

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy Ace ~ Because it rocks :)

Mine too and its all thank's to Shellac. What would we do without it!

I wore enhancements for about 8 years and never thought I could go natural, as my nails are so thin, but with Shellac they look so beautiful all of the time.

It used to take me about 3 hours to do a full set of enhancements on myself... when I think of it, I have a little laugh to myself... I'd disappear into a room and not come up for air 'till they were done and my Husband thought I was a complete nutter (well I am I suppose :lol:)

Now I re Shellac my nails every 2 weeks and it takes me about 45 mins and they're all mine and I'm so proud of them!!

I wore enhancements constantly for a year (I didn't do them) and when I took them off, my nails were TERRIBLE!!

I then trained in Bio Sculpture and just put overlays on to give my nails that bit of strength whilst growing all of the damage out.

At the end of February I brought in Gelicure and LOVE it!! My clients like having the choice of a heavier gel or a gel polish, and my natural nails have never been in such good condition :)

I love experimenting with both systems. At the moment I'm wearing Bio Sculpture 'Sugar Sweet Pea' rockstar style xx

I used to wear L and p enhancements applied by another so called nail tech who trashed my nails, no cuticle work or care taken, the last time I went my nails felt so sensitive I nearly cried!! Since then I have trained in l and p and did my own nails. I am now wearing gelish in rendezvous and always have natural nails. I used to hate the shape of my nails as they were stumpy and flat and used to cut them right up to the skin. Since being regularly manicured and filed properly they are now a lovely shape and all my clients say ooh can you do them like yours!! In my other job I am known for my colourful and perfect nails!! Who says spanners and chemicals and nice nails don't go together!!:green:

as an ex-staunch nail biter, av worn enhancements with L+P for years, and so when i finally stopped biting and my nails grew, i swore off enhancements and only were products on my natural nail. my nails of course were very weak and thin (from getting them done at NSSs', all these years, before my eye-opening training and this forum).
i switched to L+P overlays, but now wear OPI soak of gels (i proudly do my nails myself since after my training), but plan to try out Shellac soon, to have a feel of the product

Depends on how I feel and the length of my nails at the time. If it's the holidays or a special event and my nails are particularly short, I'll put on a set of acrylics. But recently I've been relying more and more on Shellac and my natural nails.

I am lucky to have nice, strong, natural nails. I am never without my Shellac, though!
Shellac is a fab invention for us hardworking hairdressers!:green:

I've built my entire business model around natural nails!
NONE of my clients have enhancements as I don't offer them! :biggrin:

If anyone fancies a look...
NailHouse Douglas Isle of Man - Home

Thanks to Shellac my nails are brill too!:Love:

I've built my entire business model around natural nails!
NONE of my clients have enhancements as I don't offer them! :biggrin:

If anyone fancies a look...
NailHouse Douglas Isle of Man - Home

Thanks to Shellac my nails are brill too!:Love:

I'm going to the isle of man Saturday for 10 days I'll look out for you !!! I'm stayin in Ramsey !!!

LOL! TT is in full flow yes! I go away on Saturday to escape, so salon closed. Have a brilliant TT!!:biggrin:

LOL! TT is in full flow yes! I go away on Saturday to escape, so salon closed. Have a brilliant TT!!:biggrin:

Don't blame you , you must get sick of it !!! My husband is taking me my first visit thought I may have a mosey around for a beauty salon !!

For years I wore L&P enhancements which took me ages to do. Working two jobs meant I did not often find the time to rebalance and have them looking as good as I would have liked.

Since wearing Shellac, my nails have never looked better, they are stronger than they have ever been and I have not had natural nails this long since I was a school girl, but the besting thing is the speed I can apply them. Im loving Shellac.

yip ! my nails are natural too, i use shellac and my nails are in fab condition, strong and grow so fast, they are always the same length because of their strength (quite long) i use shellac all the time. i still play around with my last two fingers making crazy acrylic sculptures sometimes and painting them, lol, then i just pop my shellac back on when i want them to look uniform again, also the great thing is my nail polish now stays intact when i do a clients nails, no more rubbing off my own when im taking off theirs

How many of you girlies have real nails in good condition?everyone I see with nails are all false.
hi ive got my natural nails always i find them a lot better when i do my designs on them although i always treat them but i love em:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back