Really random obsessions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a major obsession with makeup my boyfriend hates it I don't even use it all and forget what I buy I just feel I have to??just wish could afford the expensive stuff lol :( xx

I have a major obsession with makeup my boyfriend hates it I don't even use it all and forget what I buy I just feel I have to??just wish could afford the expensive stuff lol :( xx

I wish I could afford the expensive stuff.
Particularly as I buy it anyway!:biggrin:

I think you all sound very rational indeed.

I don't have any obsessions as such, am just normal......like erm

love to write To Do Lists, and write dead simple things on it so its easy to tick things off.

I cannot throw anything away.....have every scrap of coursework that I've ever done, got my cycling proficiency certificate, Brownie badges and a swimming certificate.

am slightly ahem OCD about switching things off to save leccy. am typing this in the dark at the moment, meanwhile the son is in his room with approx 8 plugs switched on!!!!!:Scared:

Lists ........yum-yum.....

Use bye dates.. dont get me started! I check all dates, even if its just a can of coke. I mean every thing, I would never ever eat anything that was off. Also when you have foods that are in date but have been open, eg potatoe salad that must be eaten with in three says of opening, they must be eaten int the correct time. Ice cream has to go straight back in the freezer, as im scared it will melt and re freeze. All frozen stuff must be rushed home and put in the freezer, I also squeeze frozen products in the packets when I get them out the freezer compartment to make sure they are not soft in case the door has been left open. I also get things from the back as I think these are the coldest place. If I have chicken from the takeaway I desect each piece to make sure its cooked through. I cant bear to even watch people handle raw meat incase they touch something with out properly washing their hands. Ok ill stop now, as I am being wierd haha! x

I actually have OCD so I guess Ive got loads lmao!

Main ones eat my food in an order first (least favourtie) last (most favourite. I also love certain words like pickle oh god that word drives me crazy i love it! Hate the word piglet ugh! I love the effect hoovering a carpet has ie seeing hoover marks.... hilarious considering Im all hard floors in my house except for my new red rug! Beans i hate like they make a gag even in a tin. cant touch them, smell them, hold a can most times, if the juice touches my skin i will rub and rub my skin raw until i feel like its washed off and I can categorically say that bean juice is not the same as spaghetti. phone numbers, bank account numbers and post make me freak- madness considering i worked in payroll for 5 years! i will stop now before i sound like a complete head case.

Main ones eat my food in an order first (least favourtie) last (most favourite. I also love certain words like pickle oh god that word drives me crazy i love it! Hate the word piglet ugh! I love the effect hoovering a carpet has ie seeing hoover marks.... hilarious considering Im all hard floors in my house except for my new red rug! Beans i hate like they make a gag even in a tin. cant touch them, smell them, hold a can most times, if the juice touches my skin i will rub and rub my skin raw until i feel like its washed off and I can categorically say that bean juice is not the same as spaghetti. phone numbers, bank account numbers and post make me freak- madness considering i worked in payroll for 5 years! i will stop now before i sound like a complete head case.

How weird I'm exactly the same on everything down to a tee exept for the bank numbers ect x
Hate hate bean sauce my skin is crawling now thinking of it I don't even like the fact they are in my house :/ but sketti sauce is fine :) lol x how weird! x
And I love the words keys and cookies :) x

How weird I'm exactly the same on everything down to a tee exept for the bank numbers ect x
Hate hate bean sauce my skin is crawling now thinking of it I don't even like the fact they are in my house :/ but sketti sauce is fine :) lol x how weird! x
And I love the words keys and cookies :) x

ooooh i see where your coming from with the word cookies! sounds nice! Ok dont encourage me please! xxxx

Wow, my list of obsessions has expanded after reading these and realising I do them too. The one's about use by dates. I am so bad with this. And yes, I too dissect every piece of chicken to check none of it is pink...Also have an obsession with how things are placed in the bathroom - the bottles have to put in size order and labels to the front. My b.f actually thinks I have a touch of OCD. I have been known to stop the car and get in the back to put the back headrests down if i've seen that they're up while looking in my rearview mirror. I can't stand it. The back is rarely used and I hate seeing one headrest up and the other down. Yes, weird I know!

I do the same with food best till last! Only problem was when I was a kid I'd eat a full meal saving best till last but by the time I got to my favourite I'd be full. Lol
X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Meat.. I'm so fussy with it it can't have any visible fat onit! My poor boyfriend cuts it off the bacon wen I have it so it's only little but I wouldn't eat it if ther was alll that fat :( I also have an obsession with stationary love lookin down the isle in wilkos :p xx

yeah, im with you on this, although i think the funniest thing i do is when i carefully check each and every single raisin just incase there is a little stick still stuck on them, i think it spoils a fruitcake so much, and when i carefully check and examin each and every single leaf before i put it in the pot or sandwich or whatever, even although i am pulling them out of a basin full of water to do so, i woryy incase there is a spec of dirt or worse a teeny weeny beast on them, it takes me ages to do any of these things, lol

I do the same with food best till last! Only problem was when I was a kid I'd eat a full meal saving best till last but by the time I got to my favourite I'd be full. Lol
X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I know that feeling.... im trying to train myself to leave the other stuff and just enjoy the best if i have that full feeling coming on. But it irks me lol! I was asked why i do this order of eating thing and i said simply because the last taste i want in my mouth is the best tasting food!!

xxxxx

Omg pleased I'm not the only freak! Lol. I am obsessed with checking the front door when I leave the house! I have to bang the door handle down 12 times every time I leave and lock up the house, and then I run back (after I got to the car) and do it again! And before I've even gotten to that stage I will go around the house checking windows, the back door, the gas hob, hair straighteners, etc, making sure everything is off and locked and have been known to run back into the house after locking up to do it again! Lol. It drives my husband insane! I also hate people eating food upside down (the food, not the person!) like crisps and chocolate bars. I also get mega paranoid about my baby's monitor when he's in bed. If I walk out the room and forget to take his monitor with me I have to check on him just in case. I can't stand clutter and mess and would rather clean up at midnight than leave it to the next morning! And I hate unhoovered carpets. There's nothing more satisfying than sitting in a nice clean room with a freshly hoovered carpet!
And yes I do realise I sound like a complete and utter nutter, I'm fully aware of this! Xx

I'm also obsessed with peeling every tiny bit of white off an orange! It takes me half an hour! For this reason I don't eat many oranges.:)

Meat.. I'm so fussy with it it can't have any visible fat onit! My poor boyfriend cuts it off the bacon wen I have it so it's only little but I wouldn't eat it if ther was alll that fat :( I also have an obsession with stationary love lookin down the isle in wilkos :p xx

Haha I'm also obsessed with stationary! At work we had a stationary order going in and was begging to do it! They wouldn't let me though as I wanted to order everything in pink but apparently pink doesn't look 'military'! Lol.

I HATE milk. It smells off to me even though it isn't. I can't even touch it in the supermarket. I can tell if someone's made me tea and stirred their spoon first in their milky tea...eugh...I have to tip it down the sink. I hated milk before I went to school but at school we had to have it every break time and they once gave us curdled full fat milk watered down with warm water...making me gag just thinking of it. And nothing is worse than seeing someone with a milk mustache!!!:Scared:lol

What really bothers me is stacking dirty plates in the sink. We should not *need* to wash dirty food from the bottom of the plate!!!! And knife and fork must be placed on the right hand side facing inwards when I'm done eating :) lol.

Also when people mess up my nail polish bottles! I could kill them....when they don't put the lids on properly etc...

I'm also obsessed with peeling every tiny bit of white off an orange! It takes me half an hour! For this reason I don't eat many oranges.:)

I do this too - can't stand all the little bits lol and i occasionally take the skin stuff off each segment before I eat it too!

Loe stationary and so glad it ins't just me and i love writing lists - i will purposely get the Argos out and plan each room full of new things just to write a list haha

My main obsession as wierd as it sounds is learning! I HAVE to be learning something every day - be it with my nose in a book or reading random things on the net but I have to learn until my brain will explode! I have books all over the house - piles of them pschology, psychiatric nursing, Jack the Ripper, nails, marine biology and I m forever marking pages with little stick it notes haha

my little boy is 10yrs, and he has a little thing about sorting and organising the chewing gum and mint stands in shops, ive noticed he cant 'not' do it, i can see him on the 'cube' he said 'my teacher said its because im mathematical, you wouldnt understand mum (lmao, howling) he brought home his maths jotter, i said aww! you get hundreds of little ticks in yours, when i used to take home my maths jotter i used to say to my dad "my teacher loves me, she gave me hundreds of little kisses again :eek: lol

Latest posts

Back