Recommend a friend scheme

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcconnell1989

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've just opened my salon a month ago and i'm trying to come up with a refferal system for my existing clients. Just not sure of the wording and how to go about it. I've browsed the net and seen a few that do like a points scheme for each referral but that seems quite complicated. I know i'll offer the recommendee (if that's a word) 20% off their first treatment and 10% off their second to try and get them back again, just not sure what to offer the recommender!? Do you offer them something free? and if so what?! or a discount? or so much money to use?
I want to make them feel like they have insentive to do it, like it'd be worthwhile for them.

Would be grateful of any advice especially if anyone does anything like this themselves.

Thank you x

I have only recently begun a refer a friend scheme.
These are the cards I am giving to my existing clients.

Attachments

• refer a friend - front jpg.jpg
    refer a friend - front jpg.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,824
  • refer a friend - back jpg.jpg
    refer a friend - back jpg.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,238
hiya im a salon manager we opened last year, we offer the client who has recommened a free 45min bk massage and the new client a free express manicure they can only get these treatment once the new client has had a paid treatment.

hope this gives u some ideas:lol:

I love your cards, what a good idea!

hiya im a salon manager we opened last year, we offer the client who has recommened a free 45min bk massage and the new client a free express manicure they can only get these treatment once the new client has had a paid treatment.

hope this gives u some ideas:lol:

This is what I currently offer on my website

I love your cards, what a good idea!

Thank you!:hug:
I lkiterally only put them in the salon last week and the response has been really positive, clients are dead keen to 'collect' as many new clients as they can.:lol: Wish I'd done it ages ago.

Hi,
I have rented for over 3 years now and do a recommend a friend 10% discount for a new client referral (first visit only) and I also give the client I know 10% - ie 10% for both of them. I have them business card size and attach them to a brochure (so the new client can see what is on offer).
I read in a marketing strategy book that the whole point of recommend a friend is that you select whom you wish to invite. If you have a client who lets you down by not turning up, or is always last minute at appointment making, a moaner or a reluctant payer - the chances are she mixes with like people. On this basis I give recommend a friend to people whom I think their friends will be good for my business and who will make my day enjoyable. Trust me, it works, we tend to associate with people who have the same morals and work ethic if you see what I mean.
Jes x

These cards are great hun where did you get them done was it vista??

I do a 'Share the Secret'. If someone books in and receives a treatment, then the person who recommended me then receives a reduction in their next treatment. I don't offer a reduction to the new client.........they have to 'Share the Secret'
This has worked so well for me this year!

These cards are great hun where did you get them done was it vista??

I designed them in publisher and had them printed as business cards from Vistaprint.

Share the secret

I really like this - what a great idea! Sounds a bit more intriguing than recommend a friend. I might try this when I need new cards done.:)

I do a 'Share the Secret'. If someone books in and receives a treatment, then the person who recommended me then receives a reduction in their next treatment. I don't offer a reduction to the new client.........they have to 'Share the Secret'
This has worked so well for me this year!

I like this idea and I am about to implement something similar. How do you know who has recommended? Do you put the old client's name on the back then get the new person to bring the card in when they have their treatment? This is what I was planning to do to try to keep it tidy.

xx

I give Maria (my client) 5 business cards with her name wrote on the back. She hands these to her family and freinds.
Maria gives one to her sister Carly.
Carly rings me for an appointment - I ask her how she heard about me , she tells me that Maria gave her my card. I record this in my diary with Carly's appointment and ask Carly can she please ensure that she brings Maria's card with her at appointment, without the card, Maria will not get her reward.
Carly arrives for appointment and gives me Maria's card. I stamp it and write £5 off next appointment - applys only on services over £25.
I find that this encourages Maria to try something new, such as a colour or glitter on her tips or change of colour.
Anyhow I put the card in a box and write in my diary at maria's next appointment to remind me to give her the card.
I then take payment from Carly, book her next appointment and give her 5 business cards explaining the procedure.
Maria arrives for her next appointment. I give her the card that she had given to carly that carly has returned to me, she can use this on her appointment today providing the service is over £25 or she can save them up towards a new set, gift voucher etc. I don't have time limit on these. Most people use it up as soon as they get but some people like to save them up and buy a gift certificate for someone for xmas.

Love your cards - attractive clear and simple. I'm inspired to try something similar myself, would be especially good in january once the xmas rush is over.

I give Maria (my client) 5 business cards with her name wrote on the back. She hands these to her family and freinds.
Maria gives one to her sister Carly.
Carly rings me for an appointment - I ask her how she heard about me , she tells me that Maria gave her my card. I record this in my diary with Carly's appointment and ask Carly can she please ensure that she brings Maria's card with her at appointment, without the card, Maria will not get her reward.
Carly arrives for appointment and gives me Maria's card. I stamp it and write £5 off next appointment - applys only on services over £25.
I find that this encourages Maria to try something new, such as a colour or glitter on her tips or change of colour.
Anyhow I put the card in a box and write in my diary at maria's next appointment to remind me to give her the card.
I then take payment from Carly, book her next appointment and give her 5 business cards explaining the procedure.
Maria arrives for her next appointment. I give her the card that she had given to carly that carly has returned to me, she can use this on her appointment today providing the service is over £25 or she can save them up towards a new set, gift voucher etc. I don't have time limit on these. Most people use it up as soon as they get but some people like to save them up and buy a gift certificate for someone for xmas.

Another FAB idea, keep them coming.....

I like this idea and I am about to implement something similar. How do you know who has recommended? Do you put the old client's name on the back then get the new person to bring the card in when they have their treatment? This is what I was planning to do to try to keep it tidy.

xx

I know who recommended because the new client says. I make a note in my diary/bible next to the old clients next appointment as to who and what. This way saves me have to print or use cards, saving money.
Word of mouth to the extreme!!!
It's worked so well for me over this year!
My clients love it because it's so personal too.
Good Luck with your scheme!

I think this is such a great way to grow your client base using what you already have.

I was just wondering though, i have noticed in outher threads that people have said it's always best to give a free offer/ service to entice customers, rather than discount, but I'm noticing on this thread that most people are offering a % off to the existing client, and a $5 for the new client- do you find that with this scheme money makes a better offer than a service?

Would really appreciate your thoughts on this as I would like to set up one of these schemes!

Thanks!

I was just wondering though, i have noticed in outher threads that people have said it's always best to give a free offer/ service to entice customers, rather than discount, but I'm noticing on this thread that most people are offering a % off to the existing client, and a $5 for the new client- do you find that with this scheme money makes a better offer than a service?

Thanks!

Well I think that in the current economic climate and with Christmas just around the corner that people do appreciate saving some pennies. But on the whole I think it has to be what will work with your client base.

What an excellent idea! So simple yet so clever....xx

Latest posts

Back