Renewing the smile!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwee

Ice Hockey Geek
Reaction score
hello, i do glitter tips on my friend but i'm finding that she needs to have them rebalanced every2-3 weeks. is this normal? i do the smile line where her natural one is. as yet i cant make it really smile but i give it a go. should i be placing the product higher above the freeegde so that it takes longer to grow out? xxx:hug:

i call every return appointment a rebalence as everyone seemes to get muddled between infill/ rebalence. i wouldnt place the white or (glitter) too far up as it will look silly. everyones nails grow at different rates. my sisters nails grow about 3mm and she needs the white replacing every time. everyone is different. my nails grow so so slow so i just correct the apex and redo zone 3 for a few weeks hth xx

I generally need a rebalance every two weeks, mainly because I have ver short nail beds so I place my smile line as low as possible. I would not place them higher as it may cause them to make her nail beds short too and this in cause can make the nail appear wider than it actually is.

Technically nails should be rebalanced every visit as the highest point has grown forward (making them off balance) and needs to be moved back (hence rebalancing).
As far as replacing whites is concerned, that depends on initial placement of smileline, how far it has grown out and what it's gonna look like in the next few weeks until she gets back to you.

If you use a custom blended opaque powder, you will not have to replace the zone 1 so often. But otherwise, for an esthetically pleasing appearance, yes you will have to replace the smile line as often as is necessary.

i dont rebalance everytime, not in the true sense of the word, yes i take down product, and reposition the apex, and infil the cuticle area - but i dont re-apply the smiles everytime. some of the clients ive had also have diff nail growth rates, so some of them didnt need the smiles re-applying. i only charge for an infil for this, but if im taking the whites right down, repositioning plus the other stuff, thats when i call it a rebalance.

i dont rebalance everytime, not in the true sense of the word, yes i take down product, and reposition the apex, and infil the cuticle area - but i dont re-apply the smiles everytime. some of the clients ive had also have diff nail growth rates, so some of them didnt need the smiles re-applying. i only charge for an infil for this, but if im taking the whites right down, repositioning plus the other stuff, thats when i call it a rebalance.

Yes, Glynnis, you do!

Your definition is not how I (or the nail industry in general) differentiate between a rebalance and a fill.

Every maintenance should be a rebalance as you are restoring the balance by repositioning the apex.

If you do not have to reposition the apex (because of very slow growth) then this is just a fill, where you are just filling in the regrowth area because the balance is still there (and sometimes we do do this and can do this quite legitimately).

When you reposition the smile line with white powder, this is known as a French or Forever French rebalance.

Latest posts

Back