Returning Geek via Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
After 4 years away from the nail industry, I'm now on my way back starting with the Shellac Attack training over at Ellisons in Coventry!

I'm booked for 28th March pm and wondered if any other geeks would be attending?

I'm nervous As I've not even manicured my own nails in ages and so much has changed since I was here.

Due to my health I was never able to get going properly with enhancements but the idea of Shellac has got me really positive about coming back.

It almost feels like I'm starting from scratch so I hope I can get some well needed advice from people who have more experience than my self.

I will be concentrating on natural nail care as in no gel or L&P. I appreciate that it may not be a full rounded service offered but I still feel due to Shellac it could be the opportunity I've been waiting for.

so, hi to anyone who remembers me and I look forward to a more productive time ahead of me!:wink2:

I remember you, I too have returned because of Shellac (used to sign in as Kim at Nails at Home). Wonderful stuff you will not be disappointed. Good luck x

Great! It's so much better knowing I'm not the only one. Can't believe someone actually remembers me. Just hope it's for good reasons!:eek:

Pm me if you fancy comparing notes!

i remember you too darling ... im sure oodles of other geeks will too ! welcome back ... feel free to pm me if there is anything at all i can help you out with re shellac

kx

Great! It's so much better knowing I'm not the only one. Can't believe someone actually remembers me. Just hope it's for good reasons!:eek:

Pm me if you fancy comparing notes!

Welcome back ... it's good to see you again :hug:

Hi, im doing the shellac attack course with Ellisons too same day! I've had to re-train in manicure/pedicure as my nail technician training was years ago and I never went into the nail side of the business. My nail tech has now decided to stay with her day job just as I was getting her a few customers so I though I'd do it myself. Really looking foward to the shellac day so will see you there...me, easily recognisable will more than likely be the oldest one there!!!:wink2:

Hello,i too have returned to geek because of shellac,and because there are great people here.So welcome back.Love your name do you speak french??

the new colours look wonderful,and the effects you get from layering is great,so it covers everyones taste!...Like you i only do natural nail care part time aswell as teaching and in a few weeks i have made a little niche from it alone.:wink2:

Wow, it really seems like Shellac has really bridged the gap between natural nails and enhancements! I'm genuinely surprised that more of you are in the same boat as me.

Mani-fique! Do I speak French? Unfortunately not but I chose the name from the French magnifique which of course means magnificent but as I was newly trained as a manicurist decided to hyphenate and alter the spelling.

I'm debating whether it really describes what I do but I suppose it could be worse. Should I keep it? I am toying with other names but not sure. At the moment the most important thing is getting back 'doing' rather than just 'planning'.

MJS - are you going in the morning or afternoon. maybe we can partner up as apparently we practice on each other and I'm freaked out with the thought of doing someone's nails who's experienced to the hilt!:Scared:

I'm so sorry if I don't remember any of you guys, unless you've changed your avatar names. I've got a lot of catching up to do!!

Thank you so much.:!:

Welcome back! You are going to love everything about Shellac! :)

Welcome back :)
I too returned to this world on the strength of soak off polishes and only work with the natural nail and am soooooper busy!
As a client I absolutely loved them and knew if I could focus that love I could build a successful business. I trained in beauty therapy many many moons ago and was always looking for the right time,opportunity and product to return.
Good luck I am sure you'll do just great
:-D xx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Thank you so much for the kind welcome back! I have to admit last time things were a bit difficult. I couldn't drive, suffered with my health and didn't have enough funds to keep going with the training I very much needed so I was in a bit of a catch 22.

Also, at the time, I concentrated on enhancements even though I was more interested in natural nail care because I felt that's what the market demanded at the time.

Now however, not only has Shellac opened up a world of opportunities for me but I can drive! I took an intensive course in November and passed first time Jan 11th this year!

Thanks to my part time office job and a very supportive husband I now have Freddie, my little fiesta. I have total independence to come and go as I please so mobile work is going to be sooooo much easier.

It wasn't the right time before and when I had to give it up I assumed it wasn't for me. But I never could quite find the courage to get rid of all my stuff despite the several times we had a clear out!

I've still got my original Brisa lamp and its going to be checked over for me when I go for my Shellac training to hopefully save me 'x' amount of pennies that I can use to buy products!

I just knew there was a reason to hang on to it all and despite the fact I do still suffer with my health I'm really hoping this is the time for me. It will improve my well being in more ways than one to finally follow it through and succeed in this little venture!

Hi,

I'm sure you must be nervous but really excited about coming back
Shellac is great - You really wont be disappointed. Plus the 12 new colours are gorgeous and bring about so many new colour combinations with layering. You're coming back at the best time and you're really gonna have fun with it!!

I'm relatively new to the nail business, I'm only part time around my full time job. I did my L&P training last year with CND.

However never got to grips with it as not much practice afterwards, and not confident in my skills. - I do wanna go back to it at some point and give it a go - but right now I'm concentrating on Shellac and Minx.

I'd recommend you do Minx nails too as it is a huge trend now, especially with all the celebs wearing them. I just got my minx kit last week and I've got lots of interest already. I'm hosting a minx night with my friends on Saturday, with a discount for this one night only so I can get lots of practice.

Good luck!

Yes welcome back. I ve also just started, well next week actually!!! Like you my treatment list is just natural nails. Hated Gel, took me so long!! Although i always feel i m not a proper tech cause i don t do some type of enhancement. But at the end of the day, i wanted to do something i liked. Good luck on your course

Hello hun, I remember you:hug: You are going to love Shelac, it is the dogs nuts of all products. Have you tried minx yet? That's another product I adore, I've found I get lots of girls what their toes done in the summer but don't want finger nails done because they don't last very long. But:biggrin: if you use shelac top coat on top of the minx they last a lot longer.
So buy extra top coat:wink2: fingernail fixer has put pictures up of all the colour combo's we can do.
There are a lot of us moving into natural nail care right now, we couldn't have done it with out Shelac.

I have a little fiesta called fiona and are on the mend from health issues too - you will love shellac it is a dream. Wish I had stretched to Iced coral on my order today doh! Oh well when i have earn't a bit more it's on my list.

Best of luck with it! Don't be nervous I'm sure you will fly with previous experience.

After 4 years away from the nail industry, I'm now on my way back starting with the Shellac Attack training over at Ellisons in Coventry!

I'm booked for 28th March pm and wondered if any other geeks would be attending?

I'm nervous As I've not even manicured my own nails in ages and so much has changed since I was here.

Due to my health I was never able to get going properly with enhancements but the idea of Shellac has got me really positive about coming back.

It almost feels like I'm starting from scratch so I hope I can get some well needed advice from people who have more experience than my self.

I will be concentrating on natural nail care as in no gel or L&P. I appreciate that it may not be a full rounded service offered but I still feel due to Shellac it could be the opportunity I've been waiting for.

so, hi to anyone who remembers me and I look forward to a more productive time ahead of me!:wink2:

We missed you Mani-fique and welcome back - Thrilled Shellac has helped get you back into the nail industry!:Love:

I'm another one who remembers you!! Welcome back and the new gel-polishes have truely changed our industry - for the better!

It's a good time, the more I read, the more my instincts buzz.

Shellac, the future of natural nail care. Yeah, has a good ring to that!

I just wish I was ten years younger!

Thanks again all for the welcome back and remembering such a tiny individual.

Welcome back... You've picked the perfect time to come back, as the Nail Industry has never been so exciting since Shellac's launch!!

It's an amazing product and I have the new colours and I'm like a kid with a new toy!! :Love:

Mani-fique.... i love the name! my first thought was why couldnt i come up with a brilliant name like that! Noooo keep it its fab!

Unlike you I am a newbie to the industry, however like you i am starting down the natural nails route with products like shellac, minx and dashing diva i think this is an absolutely amazing time to either begin or in your case re enter the nail industry. good luck hun and sooooo excited too! xxx

Latest posts

Back