Rivone launches - please give me your opinion on my website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivone

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted your opinions on my new website, I've kind of designed it with massive help from my mom's partner.

I launch the business venture this Saturday and hope it goes ok. I'm really nervous, and hope I don't mess up a treatment because of the nerves hehe. :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's my website - www.rivonestudio.co.uk please feel free to comment (good or bad, but please not nasty hehe) I want to improve it if it needs it.

Thanks
xxx

Hi everyone,

I wanted your opinions on my new website, I've kind of designed it with massive help from my mom's partner.

I launch the business venture this Saturday and hope it goes ok. I'm really nervous, and hope I don't mess up a treatment because of the nerves hehe. :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's my website - www.rivonestudio.co.uk please feel free to comment (good or bad, but please not nasty hehe) I want to improve it if it needs it.

Thanks
xxx

Just had a very quick look, i like it!:hug:

Nice and clean to look at ...easy to navigate.

Can i asked what you used to design it?

Microsoft Office Live - its quite simple but if you need anything scrolling and such you have to go into the html coding and that's when my mom's partner got involved - its all double dutch to me hehe :)

I think the site looks lovely, really easy to read and navigate. Well done x

yes, does the job doesn't it? nice one

Nice website...Hope you do well :)

OH WOW!! Well done you. I really mean that. It is one of the best ones i've seen posted on here.
It looks really professional, is very informative and is not too fussy.
You must be chuffed to bits.
I wish you all the best with the opening chick...how exciting. Keep us updated xxx

Just had a quick peep. Looks lovely and very professional. Good luck with the opening. :hug:

Really nicely laid out; love the pink background with the colour fade, and the treatment price lists are really clear and well laid out. Well done for that!

Really nicely laid out; love the pink background with the colour fade, and the treatment price lists are really clear and well laid out. Well done for that!

Thank you for your comments - being as your experienced at websites, it means a lot thanks.

Thanks everyone else for the comments, I was kind of waiting for the suggestions, but so far there are none, so it must be good hehe, but surely 'someone' can find a fault hehehe :)

looks really good. one teeny thing it doesnt say what facial products your using. there may be a reason for that i couldnt see. might be on another bit of your site though x

surely 'someone' can find a fault hehehe :)

Oh well, you asked for it lol - here's the W3C validation report... [Invalid] Markup Validation of http://rivonestudio.co.uk/default.aspx - W3C Markup Validator

Although ironically it should work pretty much fine in the vast majority of web browsers anyway! Not much you can do with it, as most of the validation errors will be as a result of what Office Live generates...

Another trick that would be good would be to change what is in the <title> tag, e.g. on the home page, it just says "Home", but you could score a lot more Google brownie points by changing it to something like "Rivone Beauty & Grooming Studio - Brierley Hill, Dudley, West Midlands - Home" - thus getting extra google rankings for things like beauty and grooming, and also where you are too... so if someone does a Google for "beauty in Dudley", for example, then your site would be more likely to come up...

Hi ... well done thats fab...can you tell me how you got the bottom line of tabs in on your treatment page x thx

Oh well, you asked for it lol - here's the W3C validation report... [Invalid] Markup Validation of http://rivonestudio.co.uk/default.aspx - W3C Markup Validator

Although ironically it should work pretty much fine in the vast majority of web browsers anyway! Not much you can do with it, as most of the validation errors will be as a result of what Office Live generates...

Another trick that would be good would be to change what is in the <title> tag, e.g. on the home page, it just says "Home", but you could score a lot more Google brownie points by changing it to something like "Rivone Beauty & Grooming Studio - Brierley Hill, Dudley, West Midlands - Home" - thus getting extra google rankings for things like beauty and grooming, and also where you are too... so if someone does a Google for "beauty in Dudley", for example, then your site would be more likely to come up...

Ruth,
The report TOTALLY baffles me hehe :eek: can you explain in English ? hehe.

I've still yet to do the 'tag's' so yes they are a crucial part of the website that still needs doing.

Thanks everyone else for the comments.

Facial products are still being finalised, I've got interim products for now - I know I shouldn't but I've had some feedback from the gym already and not many are interested in facials mainly spray tanning and waxing and massage so I want to make some money and then get Dermalogica ASAP.

I'm also using interim products for nails as I'm currently looking into having CND - everything happened so quickly that I wasn't able to organise the better products and training in time for the launch.

With regards to the menu under the main treatments page - when you create the webpage you have to make it register under the treatments page rather than the main page - I know that's not very technical - I'll find out how to do it in a more step by step basis for you :)

Just to say i loved it...professional,and easy to navigate...being able to navigate around a site is important to a computer dunce like myself! xx

Latest posts

Back