Salon Door - within gym

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eski

Reaction score
I currently have a room within a gym. Until I moved in there four months ago it was the gym manager's office! Although we've done lots of promotion and advertising in the gym, some of our potential clients still think the room is an office.

I've attached a quick photo of the said door. Any ideas how to make it eye catching and glamorous? I'd love to see your doors!! :)

BTW, I'm not allowed to paint the door another colour and 'should' keep the blue fire door sticker visible (although I'm not sure they'd notice if it was hidden!)

Thank you! x

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 462
would you be allowed to paint the wall around the door, like pink and white thresels etc.

No to any paint. It's Fitness First and they are VERY strict on painting. Such a shame though! :irked:

Would it be possible to have the door open between treatments so people can see into the room - some people are reluctant to walk through a closed door not knowing whats on the other side of it. When the door is closed any potential clients could think you are busy in a treatmeent and not want to interrupt. Just a thought.

Good Luck with it
Diane

Hi,
I work within a gym and I keep my door open between clients.

It does take a while to get noticed. I've been where I am for nearly five years, and some of the members still don't know I'm there, despite putting leaflets in reception and 'new members' kits and posters around in the gym. I still get members saying 'I didn't know you were here'

People do tend to be self absorbed when they go into the gym.

It'll work out, wander around, introduce yourself, personally hand members your leaflets, talk to them about your treatments.

Hth, x

I currently have a room within a gym. Until I moved in there four months ago it was the gym manager's office! Although we've done lots of promotion and advertising in the gym, some of our potential clients still think the room is an office.

I've attached a quick photo of the said door. Any ideas how to make it eye catching and glamorous? I'd love to see your doors!! :)

BTW, I'm not allowed to paint the door another colour and 'should' keep the blue fire door sticker visible (although I'm not sure they'd notice if it was hidden!)

Thank you! x

How long are you open now? Do you still need the sign to say "Now Open"? That's the most eye catching part of the sign from the photo you posted. I think you should have the name as the most eye catching part of the sign, then say what you do e.g. beauty salon and maybe give your opening times or contact details e.g. phone ...

Do you need the occupied / vacant slide sign at the top of the door? That makes it look like an office or meeting room.

Do you have leaflets in the reception, locker areas of the gym? Another geek mentioned in a similar post that if you give the receptionist a few small, free treatments they might be more inclined to refer business your way? It could be a great investment. Word of mouth and personal recommendations are key.

Do you have any gym themed treatments? A post workout massage? Speedy manicures?

Good luck with it. Let us know how you get on.

How long are you open now? Do you still need the sign to say "Now Open"? That's the most eye catching part of the sign from the photo you posted. I think you should have the name as the most eye catching part of the sign, then say what you do e.g. beauty salon and maybe give your opening times or contact details e.g. phone ...

Do you need the occupied / vacant slide sign at the top of the door? That makes it look like an office or meeting room.

I think in addition to the above ideas you could also use some of the adhesive wall stickers that are now available e.g. Ikea.

These are cheap, easily removable and so can be in place as long as you need them to be. They will also make your door stand out from the rest!

From the picture I cannot see what u do ( not sure if you are hair or beauty) ...as someone said the main thing you see is the large "open" print.if you had the industry name you are in eg ladies and gents hairdressing ..but maybe something a bit more glam!

A boards for outside gym, you could change your offer every week/month

i think if you cant paint the door then you could put one very large poster (sign) up to near enough cover it, might get people attention rather than A4 size,
look on vista print you can get large posters they have a beauty section,

OMG Geeks (yes, we're in Essex!) !!!!! You've come up with some fabulous ideas!!! I don't know where to start thanking you all... !

I'm going to go and print all your ideas out and see where I can go. I particularly love the gym-related massages etc. Oh, and the rope lights :)

You were right about the VACANT sign too - practically, it works, as we were getting people trying to open the door during treatments. But yes, it doesn't help the office image of the room. Sometimes it's difficult to see the wood for the trees when you are so involved with a task!

I'm onto it this week and will update you all with photos of my brilliant new door!
xxxxx

Hey,

I'm about to open up in a Klick Fitness Centre... start March 1st

Great to meet someone doing the same.

We should have a brainstorm...

I live in Chester and the room is in Bromborough

H x

How about getting a sign that you attach towards the top side of the door frame that sticks outwards? So it will be in peoples faces as they walk past, as apposed to having to turn to look in or at the door. As most people will just have their mind set on going straight to the gym..
Hope my description makes sense and you know what I mean lol! Xx

Instead of the OPEN NOW sign I would have a poster of some beauty treatment or pedicure or that you specialize in.

So how does it look now?

Have you gained any more clients?

I think if it was me I would have an A3 poster saying

Come in for your:
Waxing
Massage
Threading
Facials
Hair
Etc
Etc

In the main, people don't care what you're called or what your logo looks like. Use the space to list your treatments, that will catch people's eye and they will be in no doubt what's behind the door!

Once inside they'll see your name and logo everywhere.

Kathie x

Latest posts

Back