Salon Opening Tinged with Sadness

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oey

Reaction score
HI guys

Apologies for not updating you on how the salon opening went yesterday, thanks for all your good luck messages.

Unfortunately my mother in law passed away suddenly yesterday afternoon after being rushed into hospital in the morning, so I am afraid things didnt quite go as planned. We are all gutted about the sad loss of Steve's mum - he was very close to her so it has hit him hard.

I was back in the salon today and luckily the girls form the hairdressing side of the salon have booked loads of appointments in for me so it has been a really successful day today.

Dont know about you guys but dont know how much more bad luck we can take this year so apart form the salon I will be glad when it is over.

Apologies - havent taken any photos yet but I will post them on here as soon as I get chance.

x x x

sorry to hear your sad newsxx

so sorry to hear this babe :hug:

Lots of hugs to you and your family xxxx

Sorry to hear about your very sad loss.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to both of you xxxxx

oh hunny I'm sorry to hear that. I've been through a rough few months too which is finally coming to end. My brother in laws mum died, the week after my grandad died and then my husbands nan was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour. At the same time we were victims of credit card fraud, my washer broke and we had a burst pipe in the bathroom which flooded he kitchen. Obviously in comparison the last things were unimportant but I too didnt know how much more I could take and just felt like surely there was nothing else that could be thrown at us. However things are looking up at last. We have a baby on the way, are moving house and business is doing good.

I know this is a bit of long rant and I know I probably havent helped I just wanted to share that I know how you are feeling and things really will start to get better. Its not fair when things just seem to go wrong after wrong after wrong.

Hope I've not upset you even more. Take care hun and I so hope things start to get better soon xxx :hug:

Really sorry to read about your loss x

Oh no, sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time xxx

Oh I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you & your family.

Glad though that the opening went well, I bet she was watching over you!!:hug::hug::hug:

You have my sympathies x

Hope its all a success.

:hug: Take care hun xx

I'm so sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family.

aj

Oh hunny, that is such sad news, I'm soooooo sorry!!!!

A big geeky hug on it's way to you!!:hug:

xxxxxxxxxxx

oh such sad news..

sadly things like this dont come at a time when ur not busy..

take it easy, the business will still be there next week or the week after

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss..
please accept my condolences.

Sincerely;
the nail fairy:hug:

oh hunny I'm sorry to hear that. I've been through a rough few months too which is finally coming to end. My brother in laws mum died, the week after my grandad died and then my husbands nan was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour. At the same time we were victims of credit card fraud, my washer broke and we had a burst pipe in the bathroom which flooded he kitchen. Obviously in comparison the last things were unimportant but I too didnt know how much more I could take and just felt like surely there was nothing else that could be thrown at us. However things are looking up at last. We have a baby on the way, are moving house and business is doing good.

I know this is a bit of long rant and I know I probably havent helped I just wanted to share that I know how you are feeling and things really will start to get better. Its not fair when things just seem to go wrong after wrong after wrong.

Hope I've not upset you even more. Take care hun and I so hope things start to get better soon xxx :hug:

thanks Nicki

It does help to know that you are not on your own at times like this.

Not sure if you know from my earlier threads, but earlier this year we had IVF as this was our only chance of having a child. This was successful, but unfortunately I had a misscarriage, so we too feel like we have been through the mill with so many thing this year, and dont feel that we could go through all that trauma again.

I am so glad that thing are now going well for you with your pregnancy, house and business - it just shows that things do get better!

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you.

Thanks to all you other geeks for your support as well - nice to know that you have friends with ears (or keyboards) you can turn to to release a little bit of pressure.

x x x

:hug:

Aw hun i'm sorry for your loss,love to you and your family :hug:

Theresa, I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't be surprised if this opens up the wounds from your miscarriage, grief is an unpredictable emotion and you are grieving for your baby even though you never had a chance to meet.

A counsellor told me that to grieve for a lost baby is a natural thing to do and if you bury it away (like I did) it comes out at a later date to be resolved.....

I'm glad the salon opening went well, and I hope that 2007 turns out to be a happier and more peaceful year for you......

Latest posts

Back