Salon tunic for the bigger bust

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
Ordered a tunic this week which arrived yesterday but it's too tight round the bust and too big everywhere else. Have this problem with most of my clothes. What i need is a semi fitted tunic preferably with a 'v' neck. A lot of salon tunics either have a mandarin collar or a high collar and are not very flattering if you are a bit top heavy. Someone must do a nice tunic but i have scoured the net and the only one i like is £60 and out of stock for the next 5 weeks-typical!
Someone help me find a tunic that fits properly please! :cry:

Why not either order a bigger size and have it taken in by a seamstress, or take a picture of what you want to a dressmaker and see how much they would charge for making one?

I've got the same problem but to be honest i've never even looked for a better fitting one as i have this trouble with most of my clothes. As already suggested, i buy bigger to fit my bust and then get it altered so that it will still flatter my shape.
Uniform Collection do a good selection of lower neckline tunics in lots of great colours and i think they've even got a sale on just now.

Hi,
Over the years I have tried most uniforms companys,
but now I only use QUEEN ELEANOR, they are fab I cant recommend them enough, I get a tunic with my name embroided on and it costs about £15 each, in the summer months I wear coloured ones, pink, red, green, blue, purple, They are all lovely and wash up well and never need an iron -WIN WIN!!!

So maybe give this company a try, order a bigger size to fit your bust then get a dreesmaker to take it in to fit your body.
Hopefully all in should cost no more than £30!

hope this helps.

Emma xx

God i wish i had that problem lol

Believe me you wouldnt..:lol:,but then us girls are never happy with what we got though ah..:lol:.

Great thread BTW , I have the same prob so this is really interesting ..:).

lol me too

Angelina is your surname Jolie by any chance :lol:

la beeby do some nice necklines hth :hug:

lol me too

Angelina is your surname Jolie by any chance :lol:

la beeby do some nice necklines hth :hug:

hehe i wish cos then i would have Brad Pitt by my side-ding dong!
Also would have enough money to either have all my clothes made for me or have a breast reduction!!
Believe me girls it's a curse not a blessing!

I have the opposite problem. I'm quite small and find that most size 8 tunics are too big. Hardly anyone does size 6. I know how frustrating it is when you cant find what you want!

I am very large chested(38 g) and am much smaller elsewhere and have bought a few tunics from the people below, they work well for me.

I have got the dress one (bout halfway down the page) and it fits great!

Health and Beauty Wear Salon Tunics

just looked at the QUEEN ELEANOR site...... really good thanks Emma!

and Poppy.. they have some designs from a size 6!

Thanks peeps. Have looked at the uniform collection and seen one that might fit! Will try and order it tomorrow and see how it goes. Wish i'd learned to sew but i'm afraid i get my dad or my husband to turn up trousers and stuff. :o

Hi Angelina,
i have exactly the same problem, but find that In Line uniforms are better shaped than any others i have tried. They have a uniform out at the moment, cant remember what design is called, but its a sort of 50s look, with sweetheart neckline, shaped waist and buttons down the front. This is possibly the best tunic i have ever ordered in terms of shape.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will have a look round and let you know if the one i decide to go with actually fits. Just to let you know that i bought my trousers today. If you wear black trousers then Asda do some great ones for £5! :)

Hey there - try Ameerah.co.uk! They're fairly new and you have to order by phone but the service is good. You can probably email them too. They've got some good designs on their website and my friend bought one that's good for a bigger bust. I think they have it in black and it's a v-neck. Good luck and let us know if you find something nice. Susie:)

I think you would be more comfy in a zip up tunic. I am a 38G and i find them the most comfortable.

If you want to know who does , just let me know and ill dig out the invoice for you.

tigi

I did end up with a zip up. I posted this thread a couple of months ago and have since gotten my tunics. I got them from ebay in the end. V neck with zip front and 2 pockets and a good price. My sister has the same one too! £24 with delivery which is a lot cheaper than most!

Latest posts

Back