Scientology

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scientology is not considered a religion in Australia, it is legally classified as a "cult". No tax benefits for them:)

I agree Sals, this is exactly what he said to the person doing the test for him. They didnt seem too bothered. My borther has got a sense of humour and only did the test for a laugh, but imagine if he was a very unstable person, I'd hate to think what wouldve happened to him!

Well you learn something every day, but I don't know which is more disturbing, their beliefs, of the fact that jack knows all about them:lol::eek::hug:
I'm ok, you lot don't know where I live:green:

On a serious note. one of my fav customers is a jehovers witness and I'm a pagen, we get on great because for a witness the most inportant thing is that you have a belief not that you share their beliefs.

Well you learn something every day, but I don't know which is more disturbing, their beliefs, of the fact that jack knows all about them:lol::eek::hug:
I'm ok, you lot don't know where I live:green:

On a serious note. one of my fav customers is a jehovers witness and I'm a pagen, we get on great because for a witness the most inportant thing is that you have a belief not that you share their beliefs.
Hey cheeky I just googled it honest:lol:

IMHO, it is just another thing to believe in. Like all religions, its something different.
My brother had a life test done when he was in Sydney, by Scientologists, and basically they came to the conclusion that his life isnt worth living, he has no goals, nothing to look forward to etc etc, it was very funny.

ooh nothing quite like giving somebody confidence is there :eek: , good job your bruv didnt take it seriously , lol

jehovas witnesses door knock as they want to enlighten people about their beliefs, probably could of done with not knocking that late into the evening though lol, im sure that if you said no thanks they would get the message,
but maybe you think JW beliefs (and all other beliefs too) are strange because you have never taken the time to find out exactly what they believe?? just a thought . ill stop bible bashing now lol xx

Each to their own indeed.

I have no problem with Jehovah's witness... my 4 best friends since small are all banished by the Elders and have had hard times since being kicked out of their family. I am the only one who is not a Jehovah's witness. I have personal reasons for not being interested in their religion, same as people don't understand the Catholics or the born agains.

I have taken the time out to make my own mind up, and that includes keeping my beliefs to myself as we will all find our own path in life without being steered forcefully.

What's up with the Catholics then? I thought we were quite straight forward....not dissimilar to high C of E...... any religion in which you don't participate will seem different....each to their own...and so long as it doesn't cause conflict so be it.

Scientology, I know nothing about it, but the alien thing... my hubby seriously believes that this earth was visited and evolved by extra terestrial folk right back in the Egyptian times.....if you wantto borrow any books...we have loads here....I haven't read any of them though!

Just a little thought guys, maybe someone on here is a Scientologist..... I say each to their own, religion is a funny subject and very much a personal thing.
How would any of us feel if they are taking our chosen belief to pieces and make fun of it.... just a thought......

Should someone come calling round there is always the say No option lol.....

Right now where did I put that glass of Voddy and Orange xxxx

bumping this post....:hug: i know i replied to this thread but have to say that i think Ruth is right.....just in case it does start to upset anyone. x

What's up with the Catholics then? I thought we were quite straight forward....not dissimilar to high C of E...... any religion in which you don't participate will seem different....each to their own...and so long as it doesn't cause conflict so be it.

Scientology, I know nothing about it, but the alien thing... my hubby seriously believes that this earth was visited and evolved by extra terestrial folk right back in the Egyptian times.....if you wantto borrow any books...we have loads here....I haven't read any of them though!

I'm RC :lol:

I just found it really different though in Southern Ireland.. everything revolved around the Church..

.. but anyway, I thought Scientology wasn't a Religion... for anyone who does the questionairre it has some REALLY bizarre questions, more about control than anything else.

And Posh has gone down in my estimations for caving in... when she was so against it!!

Just for the record I'm Catholic too.
Not practising anymore though.
We all have our own beliefs (or lack of them) so good luck to anyone who has any faith in any religion or cult.
I didn't mean to sound negative earlier, was simply having some fun.

Each to their own indeed.

I have taken the time out to make my own mind up, and that includes keeping my beliefs to myself as we will all find our own path in life without being steered forcefully.

Couldn't agree more!! :lol:

Mandy

A client of mine was Jehovahs witness and I asked why they came to the door and did it upset them that people might not want to speak to them. She said it wasnt to convert people but to make people feel better about things and if they made 1 person happy then it had all been worth it.

However another client of mine said she was in the church of scientology and she didnt have good things to say about them. I wont go into it as she may not have told me the truth.

Speaking of Aliens .... and of course todays date
4th.jpg

May the 4th be with you:)

I was madly in love with Luke skywalker when I was 17 went to see the film 4 times just so I could drool over him... so May the 4th be with you too:lol:

Speaking of Aliens .... and of course todays date
4th.jpg

May the 4th be with you:)

Hey I said that myself this morning, great minds think alike lol

Latest posts

Back