scratch shoot out pics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do understand what you are saying Sam but on the competition entry form it said that 'all' entries will be displayed in the gallery. Why didn't it say 'selected entries' will be shown etc?

Sam x

Hadn't some of the pics been placed in previous comps?

By 'placed' do you mean 1st, 2nd or 3rd? or top 10

I am so sorry, always in a rush and dont check my posts. I have edited my post in this thread to say that for the Professional Nails comps, you cannot re-enter a pic that has been entered in a comp before.

Although i do understand the work that goes in to the pics, the step by steps are amazing to read, if you were allowed to re-enter, if it didint win before, it is not likely that it would win a second time round. Also because we have themes, it is unlikely that it would match the theme for another comp.

Also to add that i only organise the Pro Nails photo comp and not the Scratch one, as i have had 2 calls to me asking where their pics are!

I can appreciate some of the concern about 'not being listed in the rules' and such - however I don't think it was done because someone thought it would be funny, it just turned out to be not nearly as practical. Hopefully a better solution will be about for next year.

Name mix ups is also a really lame thing. However at virtually every single competition I have been to, there has been at least 1 (usually more) errors like this. I am not excusing it, just merely pointing out the organisation nightmare that putting on a competition (of any kind) can be.

For what it's worth - I had no involvement with the competition (other than reading the names I was given) but I was around to see how many people were working so hard to do a good job.

Just my tender thoughts :)

The Nail Geek said:
For what it's worth - I had no involvement with the competition (other than reading the names I was given) but I was around to see how many people were working so hard to do a good job.

Just my tender thoughts :)

PMSL!!!!! And a very good job you did with those names Sam!!!!!!:hug:

If I have to delete any further posts because people can't act like adults then Ill shut down the thread.

It has been confirmed that unfortunately my entry wasn't received.

(Had a feeling this was the case, as my email supplier had sent me a email stating something about a bounced email (?).)

Hey guys,

Before this thread gets out of hand I would like to clarify a few things up regarding The Great Scratch Shoot Out.

First off, in terms of Margarita Belska's winning picture, she did not place in ExCel (placing being 1st, 2nd or 3rd). Her image, whether it has been seen before or not, unanimously won us over. She is an incredibly worthy winner and we continue to support her wholeheartedly on being given this accolade. Please note that the competition has never stipulated in the rules whether an orignal picture should be used, it invites all entries and is judged on its individual merit.

To Jacqui Townsend I would like to point out that although not all your entries were displayed they were all judged. I'm sorry your favourite wasn't on show, but we selected the ones we considered best displayed the great talent out there. I wasn't aware your image was credited incorrectly, we must hold up our hands and say that we do the best we can in organising this event and if we make administration mistakes it irks us just as much as you - believe me!

To Sheryl Johnson, your entry was definitely NOT received. On not hearing from myself or Alex then you should have called to ensure of its safe delivery. That's a real shame as it's a good pic.

The Great Scratch Shoot Out is a competition aimed at brewing creativity and pushing techs to their technical abilities. We do this for the nail industry and there is no profit involved. I, myself am particularly saddened as I hoped to log on here to see plenty of pats on the back for Margarita Belska and more to the point Alex Fox who works her guts off to hold this event for you guys to show the rest of the world what you're made of.

Julie
--
Julie Vuong
Features Writer

Scratch magazine
C/o Shepreth Wildlife Park
Station Road
Shepreth
Herts
SG8 6PZ

T: 01763 263 113
Mob: 07931 775 405

E: [email protected]

thanks for your reply Julie, its much appreciated to know that all the pics were judged.

no one begrudges margarita her win, her pic is great.

Hi Julie,

I don't think anyone has said that Margerita's pic was not a worthy winner...it was lovely. JMO. I just think that some of the rules should be more specific. It gets confusing when there are many comps out there and the rules differ for each.....but I suppose thats life!!!! Admin mistakes do happen and cyber space does have a way of losing things (a bit like my house!!!!).

On a different note......I personally thought the whole show was fantastic!!!! I enjoyed every single minute that I was there (unfortunately my feet are not thinking the same!!! LOL!!!)

I am sure that every other mum or dad on this site can appreciate what Alex did to ensure a very successful show......I don't know how the hell she did it to be honest. When I had my babies for the first few months it was as much as I could do to feed and look after the baby and keep on top of things at home, never mind try and organise a show like the Nailympics, so yes it's a very big well done to Alex.....and I am so waiting for next year!!!!

is there anyway we can see the winning nail pic..??? xx

Bagpuss said:
is there anyway we can see the winning nail pic..??? xx
Hi Angie,

It is this months Pro Nails mag....not sure what page!!! HTH :hug:

i agree,

Margaritas pic is fantastic.

Sam

Margarita's photo was fab and is a very worthy winner and thanks to Alex for all her hard work and everyone else, GMG & Mum:hug:

Latest posts

Back