Sea Serum & Raw Earth SpaPedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axiom

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been an avid reader of The Nail Geek forum for the last six months or so and have finally plucked up the courage to register and post!

I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping people might be able to help with, but please accept my apologues if they seem a bit daft :o

I work at a men-only grooming studio and use Creative Nail SpaManicure and Solar manicure products. I offer an intensive treatment for hard-working hands based on the Solar range, but many of my clients have stubborn calluses - is it okay/safe to use the Sea Serum on hands, or is it only suitable for use on feet? Told you it was a daft question! :wink2:

Secondly, I was browsing the USA Creative Nails site this morning and am excited to learn about the new Raw Earth SpaPedicure range being introduced next year. I love using the current SpaPedicure range but the Raw Earth stuff sounds more "gender neutral" if that makes sense...! Will this range be coming to the UK? (sorry if this question has already been answered!)

Anyway, thanks for listening, I look forward to getting to know you all better and learning from your experience :biggrin:

Axiom said:
Hi everyone, I've been an avid reader of The Nail Geek forum for the last six months or so and have finally plucked up the courage to register and post!

I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping people might be able to help with, but please accept my apologues if they seem a bit daft :o

I work at a men-only grooming studio and use Creative Nail SpaManicure and Solar manicure products. I offer an intensive treatment for hard-working hands based on the Solar range, but many of my clients have stubborn calluses - is it okay/safe to use the Sea Serum on hands, or is it only suitable for use on feet? Told you it was a daft question! :wink2:

Secondly, I was browsing the USA Creative Nails site this morning and am excited to learn about the new Raw Earth SpaPedicure range being introduced next year. I love using the current SpaPedicure range but the Raw Earth stuff sounds more "gender neutral" if that makes sense...! Will this range be coming to the UK? (sorry if this question has already been answered!)

Anyway, thanks for listening, I look forward to getting to know you all better and learning from your experience :biggrin:
Hi and welcome to the geek site. Glad you have posted your questions ... none of which are daft and even if they have been posted before, not everyone sees every post.

1. Yes, Sea Serum could be used on hands but another choice for softening those hard calluses is Cuticle Remover from CND. It really removes so much dead tissue and can transform callused hands. Both are good choices. Try, and see which one you feel does the best job for you.

2. You bet 'Raw Earth' will be coming to the UK. It is a beautiful range and more on the masculine side of the fence. The whole concept from packaging to fragrance is divine and very up market .... the products work too :D as you would expect form CND ... it is not just a pretty range.

I hope we will see you on the site allot more. It will be interesting to learn more about male grooming and your salon in particular.

This is interesting as I want to start offerring specific services to men, any suggestions Axiom as to what would be popular or anyone else got experience on treatments and products for men? By the way Axiom WELCOME!!
Liz

Just to back up what Gigi said... Cuticle remover will work great... but DONT MIX IT WITH AN AHA BASED PRODUCT!!! In other words, dont put it on and then use Exfoliating crystals and/or Crystal activator at the same time.

Furthermore... RawEarth is very very cool. Ideal for men (actually... for women as well) and also for an alternative for SpaPedicure. You can integrate the two together, or simply use RawEarth for a shorter (yet still effective) service.
My favorite feature of RawEarth is FootBuff... it gets warm when you apply water ;)

Thank you for your responses and the welcome! I can't wait to get my hands on the RawEarth products - I enjoy using the current SpaPedicure range but the thought of a thermal foot mask is worth the wait alone :cool:

Liz, thanks for your interest in treatments for men. From personal experience when it comes to nails I have found intensive, hydrating hand treatments to be very successful in terms of revenue. Express manicures are popular as maintenance treatments with businessmen, particularly those in their 40s and 50s, and I have found it useful to market express nail work as an addition to other grooming services (if a male client comes in for an eyebrow shape or tint, for example, it's a perfect opportunity to pitch some cuticle work to complete the look! And I *always* include a manicure in my grooming packages - once they've tried it, most blokes never look back, but the hardest step can be getting men to sample the service in the first place!).

It's a shame CND don't do a matte nail strengthener (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong!) because Orly's Nails for Males is a good retail item. Solar Balm is also popular as a retail item because of its no-fuss, no-mess practicality - I apply a small amount after buffing nails at the end of a hand treatment and it sells itself. I am also intending to try C:u3 Renu, as it sounds perfect for many of the conditions my clients present with.

Now all I need is for Creative to produce some point-of-sale stuff featuring male models (hint hint!!) - RawEarth is a perfect opportunity to redress the balance with some good quality imagery incorporating well-groomed male feet... :D

I agree with the point of sale material, we defo dont pitch at Men enough. Do you offer your male manicures doubled up at the same time with another treatment where possible? ie 2 people working at the same time - I thought maybe men might prefer this to spending too long in a salon environment!
Thanks for the info.
Liz

Axiom, I'd love to know what you use and what steps you do for a man's manicure. I don't use the CND Spa Manicure right now but in terms of general products would be good. :) My other half works outdoors and his hands and really rough and frequently covered in hawthorn scratches and the like. He doesn't want me to do anything to soften his skin because to him the hard skin is protection and he says if I soften it'll all up his hands will just become more sensitive and he'll just have to harden them up again (bit like going back to playing guitar once your finger pads have got all soft again... ouch!). But it's got to the point where I don't want to hold his hand cos it's so rough! What would you recommend for doing a manicure that won't leave his hands too un-outdoors-proof? I've already tried to win him over to nail treatments saying I'll use Pronails Matt Finish on top of everything but he's resisting so far!!!
Lol x

Axiom said:
It's a shame CND don't do a matte nail strengthener (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong!) because Orly's Nails for Males is a good retail item. Solar Balm is also popular as a retail item because of its no-fuss, no-mess practicality - Now all I need is for Creative to produce some point-of-sale stuff featuring male models (hint hint!!) - RawEarth is a perfect opportunity to redress the balance with some good quality imagery incorporating well-groomed male feet... :D
Welcome Axiom (funky name:D ) - I am currently with CND in sunny Califorinia and let me tell you - ALL your prayers have been answered!! The marketing material and imagery for Raw Earth is GORGEOUS and male friendly too! CU Renu and Solar Balm are being re-packaged and CU Renu is also being re-named!! They have SO MANY cool things that are about to happen! Samuel is right - FOOT BUFF is going to blow you guys away! It is an AMAZING product and will be a retail item that will literally WALK-OUT-THE-DOOR! CND are also doing various nail treatments including a Ridge Filler - yippeee - so please watch this space!!
For all of you about to type and say when can we get Raw Earth.... plus other questions, here goes....
1 - in February when we launch it at ExCeL
2. NO it will NOT replace SpaPedicure - this will be a faster 'earth derived' pedicure suitable for the cold winter months and very gender friendly
3. 4 simple procedures
4. Tote case for retail plus individule buys on all products for retail
5. Sample packs for clients to try
6. Awsome point-of-sale displays for salons or home based salons
7. step-by-steps
8. incredibly moisturizing
9. can be intergrtaed with SpaPed
10. AS ALWAYS - IT'S ALL ABOUT CHOICES!!
11. Finally....
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST - hope I don't get in trouble from Marketing!!! :D

I got to see it, smell it, and touch it at the CND Road Show...Hold on to your hats folks, you're in for a great ride....we're waiting (not so patiently) in the states too, but it will Raw Earth will appeal to even the most manly of men (as well as those who aren't so manly and just like their feet massaged)

The Nail Geek said:
Just to back up what Gigi said... Cuticle remover will work great... but DONT MIX IT WITH AN AHA BASED PRODUCT!!! In other words, dont put it on and then use Exfoliating crystals and/or Crystal activator at the same time.

Had a student try this...why they couldn't follow directions I'm not sure, mixing the two causes a chemical reaction that creates an intense amount of heat. Thanks to the CND hotline, no harm to the client was done, and they had a solution..GET IT OFF ASAP...the incident gave me info to share with all the other geeks out there!

This is very interesting! I didn't know this.... so if you were to use it you would have to make sure you thoroughly wrinse it off before applying the exfoliating crystals?

Also what about the Solar Manicure - does care need to be taken with this or is just the Spa Exfoliating Crystals?

I just need to check to be sure.

Just thought... sorry... but isn't Cuticle Eraser A.H.A based???? So that would be the same caution then?

Thanks Mrs Geek! Good news about the marketing material for Raw Earth - roll on February!! Also thanks for the info about CU Renu and the ridge-filler, I'm so excited right now I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas :D

Dizzy, I usually incorporate a basic hand massage using a CND product into any back cleansing and face treatments I carry out (whilst the mask is setting) - and casually drop in that I've noticed the skin is quite dry/chapped/etc but that the studio offers a very results-based hand treatment that can sort hard skin out in a jiffy, and when would they like me to book them in??! :)

If I know that the client works in sales/training/customer care/management or an office environment, that's always an added bonus as I can tailor the sales-pitch around the fact that their hands are constantly on show. Although there are two of us in the studio, we don't work together on clients but that's not a bad idea - I'm going to suggest that on Monday, lol, thanks for the inspiration!:idea:

Bimbogeri, how about a nail blanche to get your other half into the spirit? It's amazing what a good scrub under the nails coupled with a whitening product can do to change the appearance of hands, and if you incorporate a quick, firm massage concentrating on the palm of the hand, you're halfway to a convert! A nourishing base oil used for the massage (such as walnut or sesame), either on its own or with a masculine/neutral scented essential oil added, is a good way of introducing a man to the concept of handcare without scaring them away with a huge amount of products and packaging. Plus the oil will help to soften dry/hardened skin and will actually help to protect against the elements without making them un-outdoors-proof (especially at this time of the year, brrrr!). Hope that helps a bit, let us know how the other half responds!! :biggrin:

wow what a really interesting post
its good to learn about the male end of our market and axiom welcome i can see what an advantage you are going to be to the site. :wink2:

Latest posts

Back