Shellac base coat problem / Half cured in bottle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franjess

Reaction score
I bought two shellac base coats now from different supply stores, both were defective. One of the bottles of base had the brush missing so I desided to get a tooth pick and is if any of the base coat was missing. It was and it was gupy at the bottom of the bottle, like half cured gel seattle at the bottom. The same with the other bottle but none was missing in it just thicker gup on the bottom. I think maybe in shipping the heat effected it?? Any thougths? :eek:

I know there was a bad batch here in the Uk, the distributor replaced the faulty ones no questions asked.
I am sure if you take yours back to your supplier(s) then they will also replace them.

There was a batch of base coats that had that problem. CND talked about it in one of their weekly reports. You should take those base coats back to your supplier, and get some good ones!

Franjess, I had the EXACT problem...brush missing, half cured in the bottle. I returned it to CosmoProf and got a refund. HTH! :)

I found the same problem yesterday... with my last bottle :cry: But my supplier is refunding it no problem.

Yes, they said they would replace it, but now I'm back on the waiting list.:cry:

Yes, they said they would replace it, but now I'm back on the waiting list.:cry:

Me, too and I could :cry:, too! Hopefully, we'll see Shellac basecoat SOON!

I had the same problem and it was replaced within days with no questions asked... my new one is perfect and the brush is much smaller than the others I've had and I think it's much easier to use

I have emailed my supplier twice and still no reply. :irked:
I too have the problem but seem to be getting ignored. I will have to call them I guess.

I have emailed my supplier twice and still no reply. :irked:
I too have the problem but seem to be getting ignored. I will have to call them I guess.

Hi Sharon,

I have replied to both your emails first thing this morning.

If you haven't recieved them yet give us a call and we can discuss things with you over the phone. Normally our emails are attended to on a daily basis, unfortunatley we were short staffed yesterday and extremly busy!

HTH's

Heather

Latest posts

Back