Shellac Fedora advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzywoo

Reaction score
I have been using Shellac for a couple of months now and am LOVING it! lol.
I have every colour but Fedora....just can't get it! (despite constantly checking S2 website) I have clients asking for it now, and I can't deliver:irked:
So, my question is, there is some available on a certain auction site for £30.00....do I buy it? I hate to line the pockets of the ppl that vastly inflate the cost but what can I do?
I'm opening a Nail bar on 5th November and i know it will be popular!
Any advice would be greatfully taken:)

(if anyone wants to do a swap....I have a new base and top...:eek: you gotta try!!!)

FingerNailFixer posted a number for someone selling Shellac, and it said she had 20 Fedoras in stock last week. However, I think the person is in the US. You could try contacting her and see who exactly is selling it so maybe you can arrange to have it shipped if you can't find anyone that has it?

I mean 30 pounds? My gosh.... how much is it really supposed to be in your area?!

I wouldn't pay that. Have you contacted all the creative academies?

FingerNailFixer posted a number for someone selling Shellac, and it said she had 20 Fedoras in stock last week. However, I think the person is in the US. You could try contacting her and see who exactly is selling it so maybe you can arrange to have it shipped if you can't find anyone that has it?

I mean 30 pounds? My gosh.... how much is it really supposed to be in your area?!

I would be VERY cautious of importing from the US though - you're likely to get clobbered for duty by Customs!!! :eek:

I love Shellac but my clients have been frustrated by the lack of autumn/winter colours. The ones that like their darks don't just want Fedora all the time so I bought in some Gelish colours and the reaction has been fab. I now have a good spectrum of colours to offer including five or six darks. No wonder Fedora's out of stock - if I didn't have some other darks on the menu mine would have been gone ages ago. x

I would be VERY cautious of importing from the US though - you're likely to get clobbered for duty by Customs!!! :eek:

V true! The first time I ordered something from the US I thought I'd got such a good deal - until a customs bill arrived! I had no idea about it all and thought there'd been a mistake! Learned the hard way! x

You'll only get clobbered for Import duty if the value of the parcel is over a certain amount. I buy stuff from the States all the time and I ask the seller to put that it's a gift on the customs ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG how do you know that, that is so wrong!!!!

OMG how do you know that, that is so wrong!!!!

Mrs Geek told me. I thought it looked a but weird so I emailed her. She said they weren't authorised and CND were suing.

They are actually distributing that illegally in the UK so almost as bad as buying from eBay.

I should say they are distributing Shellac illegally. I don't know bait any other products.

Thanks for your replies Geeks....:cry:

I love Shellac but my clients have been frustrated by the lack of autumn/winter colours. The ones that like their darks don't just want Fedora all the time so I bought in some Gelish colours and the reaction has been fab. I now have a good spectrum of colours to offer including five or six darks. No wonder Fedora's out of stock - if I didn't have some other darks on the menu mine would have been gone ages ago. x

What about red baroness, that is a cranberry colour soooo festive and looks fab over fedora,,, wildfire a bright red really xmasy,,fedora with tutti frutti makes a lovely purple,iced capuccino is almost gold like,,very festive,,and not to forget hot chillis,,is lovely with red baroness,, lots of combos there.

xxx

What about red baroness, that is a cranberry colour soooo festive and looks fab over fedora,,, wildfire a bright red really xmasy,,fedora with tutti frutti makes a lovely purple,iced capuccino is almost gold like,,very festive,,and not to forget hot chillis,,is lovely with red baroness,, lots of combos there.

xxx

Thanks for the tips Katiebbaby. Unfortunately I'm not confident enough in my layering skills to offer combos to clients just yet. Def need more practice but I've found it hard to get consistent results. Will try out your suggestions though! x

You'll only get clobbered for Import duty if the value of the parcel is over a certain amount. I buy stuff from the States all the time and I ask the seller to put that it's a gift on the customs ticket.

This of course is illegal to do as you would be defrauding Her Majesty's Customs and Excise of the tax due. Not sure I agree with telling people to do things that are in fact illegal.

Latest posts

Back