Shellac Layering.....whats your favourite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynseypinsy

Reaction score
Morning geeks!

As I'm getting more into the wonder that is Shellac I keep seeing on other threads other geeks layering ideas so thought its time we had them all on one, yummilicious thread!

Looking forward to seeing lots of new colours!

Lyns x

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

I ve not done many but have hot pop pink with tropic on my toes at moment, makes it slightly pinky( as you would imagine!)I d be interested to know what wildfire or Hollywood with tropix is like if anyone as tried it? Want a brighter coral? Any ideas? X

I love Strawberry Smoothie over Rosebud, lovely shimmery baby pink.

Karaxxx

I like the classic mix of iced coral over Blackpool for the mermaid green! Are there any combos to get a blue and/or purples? Other than rock royalty xx

I like the classic mix of iced coral over Blackpool for the mermaid green! Are there any combos to get a blue and/or purples? Other than rock royalty xx

A layer of negligee over rock royalty is pretty - gives a lighter purple that has blueish tones. :)

You could also try 2 coats of fedora, followed by a coat of tutti frutti to make a new bright purple, but prior warning: it's not the easiest one! So it'd be worth a few practise runs before attempting it on a client...

My favourite layering combo of the moment is 2 coats hot pop pink + 1 coat tropix, but I have to say iced coral is beautiful over cocoa. x

Tutti over fedora makes a gorgeous purple I have a pic in my albums on here

Xx

For a bright coral try 2 coats of cream puff then 1 coat of tropix, it makes a really bright coral, probably one of my favourite combos.

I also love 1 coat of hot pop pink & 1 coat of tropix.

I next want to try hollywood & tropix, blackpool & iced coral :)

Thanks Emma I ll try that tonight!! X

Just a quick mention, but if you put cream puff under most of the colours it will work - and instantly you will achieve a lighter/brighter version of the original colour! It's also great for clients who have marks on their nails that need disguising - especially under colours like strawberry smoothie or tropix, where the marks could possibly show through the colour. Also, it's worth trying blackpool or fedora under the reds to achieve darker colours... The possibilities are endless, hey? ;)

Has anyone tried Decadence over Fedora? I'm after a really dark red colour :)

Me, iced coral and Blackpool have a date friday coming as I love the colour from the picture's I've seen on here. It's killing my to wait but I wanted to be able to say to clients, thats yes, I have worn Shellac for 14 days with no damage to the Shellac. I've done the same with my L&P and Brisa, I think it's nice to be able to show clients that you have tired the products you are using.

Sam xx

My fave (so far) is Hot Chilis layered over Tropix. :)

Negligee over fedora makes a nice shimmery purple :) x

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

Wow, loving cream puff with tropix!! Its almost neon! Could you just do one layer of cream puff rather than two?

If you go to the Fingernail Fixer's Facebook page, she and her team have uploaded tons of pics with lots of different Shellac layering combos. It's well worth a look. :) Some really stunning colours that you wouldn't even think of!

Fingernail Fixer is fab. I just did my first set of rockstar nails on myself and am totally obsessed. I am such a girly girl. I'm kind of covered in glitter and so is the living room but i dont care lol :green: my nails look incredible!

Latest posts

Back