Short of breath?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiser

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows what on earth is wrong with me! I seem to be constantly short of breath, when I try to take a deep breath it just doesn't seem surficient enough, seems I can't fill my lungs properly. I'm off to the docs tomorrow but I just wondered what I should be expecting, does this sound like asthma or something or am I just being too dramatic?!

Thank you geeks, x x x

You may have an infection or having panic attacks. Are you under any stress? You are doing the right thing by going to the docs, they will sort you out. Good luck!

I constantly suffer with anemia, when my count levels get really low i suffer like this,
you may have anemia or be really run down,
but I'm not a doc :hug:
i wouldn't worry too much hun, your GP will know the magic answer

I have asthma that makes me wheeze on occasion but this sounds like something else. From time to time I get this feeling that's like a weight on my chest and it's hard to pull enough air in; it's almost like I want to yawn but I can't get enough air in my lungs to do so. I got it checked out by my Dr and he said that my airways were inflamed and a bit narrowed by the inflammation that was a result of a recent cold I'd had. He gave me a powder-based inhaler to use in the morning and at night before bed. Within 10 days, I could breathe normally again, but it was a scary feeling to always feel like I was fighting to catch a breath. Hugs to make you feel better until you can get checked out!:hug:

my first guess would be anemia

good luck with the gp,
let us know how you are xxxx

ive had this forever since i was little!! always feeling like i need deeper breaths!! but ive never seen anyone about it.....let me know how u get on xxxx:hug:

ive had this forever since i was little!! always feeling like i need deeper breaths!! but ive never seen anyone about it.....let me know how u get on xxxx:hug:
Go and see your GP and get checked out you naughty girl :Grope:
you can not rely on some one else's diagnosis

Go and see your GP and get checked out you naughty girl :Grope:
you can not rely on some one else's diagnosis

what will be will be!!!! xxx

lol@ online diagnosis, it actually sounds like the start of pneumonia or some kind of lung problem, get your butt off to the doctors and get it sorted.

lol@ on line diagnosis,

tell me about it....my middle daughter fell badly on her head while doing tiss ups on the sette...we rang an ambulance and they said she was fine...since then she complains sometimes of pain in her neck, back and now her hips..:eek: but its hard to take fer seriously sometimes cos 5 mins after telling me she is on the trampoline...:confused: anyway booked her in to see the GP and thought I'd check it out online...came back with leukaemia !!!...:eek: logged off right away....lesson well learnt.

Hope you get some answers from your doc xx

Just wondering if anyone knows what on earth is wrong with me! I seem to be constantly short of breath, when I try to take a deep breath it just doesn't seem surficient enough, seems I can't fill my lungs properly. I'm off to the docs tomorrow but I just wondered what I should be expecting, does this sound like asthma or something or am I just being too dramatic?!

Thank you geeks, x x x

When I was doing an acrylic course I had these symptoms. If I tried bending over to pick something out I would get shortness of breath. It could be the acrylic system you use yiu should still see your GP and it may be a good idea to think about using an odourless system.

Hope this helps.

Hi I get bothered with that aswell. For me its anxiety, which can lead into panic attacks. I started after I had my kids the thought of not beng able to do eveything . I still get it at work when I am one to one with a client . The more you think you can't breath the worse it would get because you keep thinking about it. Yours could be different though. x x

Do hope you're ok Louise ... please let us know how you get on :hug:

Thank you for all your replys, had a quick check this morning but didn't get the chance to reply.

Apparently its a form of anxiety, which is weird as I didn't realise I was worried about anything!!! It should get better with breathing techneques but theres no guarantee when it'll ease off.

I was just wondering as the doctor wasn't much help with this, is there anything anyone knows of to help ease anxiety?

Thank you again everyone,x x x

Thank you for all your replys, had a quick check this morning but didn't get the chance to reply.

Apparently its a form of anxiety, which is weird as I didn't realise I was worried about anything!!! It should get better with breathing techneques but theres no guarantee when it'll ease off.

I was just wondering as the doctor wasn't much help with this, is there anything anyone knows of to help ease anxiety?

it might help to write a blog on paper as to when you get these breathing problems and then see what you where doing at the time it happened...or was about to do.

hope your feeling a little better now after seeing the doctor...:hug: x

Great news, shall I post you some Valium/Xanax :)
In all reality seek some better advice. Try Yoga.

I find most doctors rather lacking in common sense sometimes... ( personal experience )

Maybe a second opinion would be good, if they come up with the same diagnosis then it possibly might just be anxiety...

I went to the doctors with symptoms of extreme fatigue, hair falling out, dizziness blah blah... straight away he said I was 'depressed because you are fat '... exact words... well I wasn't depressed about my weight when I went in...but sure as hell was when I came out! Second opinion revealed anaemia...:rolleyes:

Yep, I'd go for a second opinion too. Doctors are too keen to diagnose anxiety/stress/depression for a variety of symptoms these days. I have suffered with anxiety and, believe me, I knew I was anxious!

Hope you feel better soon, hun, and take care. :hug:

Great news, shall I post you some Valium/Xanax :)
In all reality seek some better advice. Try Yoga.

Yoga - now that would make be anxious, I'd need more than Valium to get over it:)

I have Always had this too - never been to the docs about it though!

When it happens, I breath out as far as I can - till I am empty. After that, everything is fine.

I also have a history of Anemia btw - never thought it could be related..... v. interesting :)

Latest posts

Back