Sienna x - fair skin client wants to go darker than 8.5%

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applepie

Reaction score
hi all, I sprayed a young client a few weeks ago with v fair skin, I did her 8.5% & she was really pleased but has asked if she can be darker this time.

I am not sure that 10% is a good idea for her colouring though and I know she has had a diferent spray tan elsewhere that made her look orange. I'm worried 10% will be too much for a skin tone and make her tangoed.

Any suggestions anyone please?! (she has just booked and is coming tonight!)

Why don't you mix the 8.5 with the 10 so you are going up a bit but not all the way.Then if she still wants it darker next time go all the way to 10.
I would also check with her when she comes that she did actually allow it to develop for the correct time before washing off and that is not the reason she wasn't as dark as she would have liked.

I agree with Gillian, mix the 8.5 with the 10, but make sure you explain that if she tries to go too dark, she will end up looking tangoed!
K

:) hi all ,just reading this thread, i did,nt know you could mix tanning %solutions.

When I done my training with sienna x I was told to spray 8.5 on fair skin only ,then respray the next day with 8.5 then that way the go darker without going orange (if you use a to dark solution on fair skin they will go orange). I was also told not to mix % solutions. hth

xx

Some brand you can mix some you cant. Am I right in thinking that the Sienna X 8.5% is Q10 based where as the 10% isnt?

Thanks for your replies. I have just sprayed her - it turned out she thought spraying darker would equal lasting longer!

We had a chat about it & taking into account the conditions during her last tan (it was very humid so she could have sweated some of the guide colour off b4 it developed plus she went on hols so lots of suncream & swimming pools etc).

She really is very pale skinned so we agreed to stay with 8.5% this time as conditions should be more favourable for the development etc & discussed about maintenance & she bought some tan extender sachets.

Will bear in mind about the mixing idea next time though if she still wants to up it a bit. The only Q I have though, is bearing in mind that the 8.5 & 10 are different formulaes (ie the 8.5 is Q10) would this really be ok to do?
Have any of you tried it?

hi all, I sprayed a young client a few weeks ago with v fair skin, I did her 8.5% & she was really pleased but has asked if she can be darker this time.

I am not sure that 10% is a good idea for her colouring though and I know she has had a diferent spray tan elsewhere that made her look orange. I'm worried 10% will be too much for a skin tone and make her tangoed.

Any suggestions anyone please?! (she has just booked and is coming tonight!)
Hi i have tried a 10%dha on my client the other day and she is quiet light and she looked really good. But thats my opinion she loved it. I have only just started using it so i am sure other geeks will tell you what to do. :)

I had a 10% tan 10 days ago, the colour was great, and i am pale!!! didnt go orange at all. Looked like id been in the carribean for a fortnight lol. its still on, just faded a bit, but has faded evenly.

Last edited:
I use Sienna and have sprayed 10% on quite a few pale clients and it always turns out lovely, I seem to be finding 8% is always to pale on most people.

HTH
Sarah

I just had my first sienna x 8.5% spray tan. I am exceptionally whiter than white and think it may be abit dark for me, so id like to try the 8%
xxx

P.s. What does Q10 mean? and whats the difference between this and the others? Soz am still learning
xxx

hi peeps has anyone tried fantasy tan and if so what did you think

debbie x:)

hi peeps has anyone tried fantasy tan and if so what did you think

debbie x:)

Sorry peeps this was meant for a new thread doh dozy mare i am
:smack:
debbie

Hmmmmmmmmm its not advisable to mix solutions especially as the Sienna X 8.5%and 10% are completely different formulations. Also, one slip of the hand when mixing solutions and you could ruin a whole batch of solution!

We always suggest doing a top up tan the next day which has allowed the 1st tan to develop, you are technically building up layers of tan, almost like if you were to stain a piece of wood, one coat is ok but if you were to apply one coat of woodstain and let it dry then give the wood a quick rub down and then apply a second coat of woodstain you will get a more intense color!.. Same as painting a wall, one coat is ok but if you let it dry and the apply a second coat of paint you gat a more intense color!

hope that helps.:Grope:

Oh yeah forgot to say, Co Q10 is an anti ageing amino acid that our body produces naturally anyway, our solution has also got Hyaluronic Acid in it which again our body produces naturally and it is what helps our skin hold water, so the two together feed the skin and combat the drying effects of the DHA and the Hyaluronic Acid draws the tan down deeper into the skin and makes a longer lasting tan and it has got Green tea extract, Grape extract and Rosehip extract which are all Anti oxidants. (that's a bit of science for you innit!)

Last edited:
Oh yeah forgot to say, Co Q10 is an anti ageing amino acid that our body produces naturally anyway, our solution has also got Hyaluronic Acid in it which again our body produces naturally and it is what helps our skin hold water, so the two together feed the skin and combat the drying effects of the DHA and the Hyaluronic Acid draws the tan down deeper into the skin and makes a longer lasting tan and it has got Green tea extract, Grape extract and Rosehip extract which are all Anti oxidants. (that's a bit of science for you innit!)

...i am starting to regret using 12.5% on my pale ass now!!! hahaha.

We always suggest doing a top up tan the next day which has allowed the 1st tan to develop, you are technically building up layers of tan

Is a top up tan re-spraying the client again? Or is it top up tan cream as such? Cos wouldnt we lose alot of money if we had to spray a client twice? Soz so many questions, you can soooooooooo tell im just a learner
xxx

No no no, bloomin charge them!. You are compl;etly re-spraying them again, so if you charge £20 for a tan, charge £30 for a tan with a top up (must be carried our 24-48 hours after initial treatment)

Last edited:
No no no, bloomin charge them!. You are compl;etly re-spraying them again, so if you charge £20 for a tan, charge £30 for a tan with a top up (must be carried our 24-48 hours after initial treatment)
Aw rite lol. god u can tell im learning eh!!! lol. Thankyou
xx

Latest posts

Back