Smoking towels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomme

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I'm asking on behalf of a colleague.
While doing her own nail art today, some nail glue spilt on a towel on the desk, after about 5 minutes we noticed it was smoking/steaming.
Obviously we threw it in the sink and doused it with water and wiped the desk with plain water.
Any ideas why?
The towel is washed and fabric conditioner is used, the table is cleaned with bleach and water (about 50/50 mix).
So strange xoxo

This happened to me once when i glued part of my shoe which was fabric, i think its the glue vapourising somehow because it went straight in my eye n nipped like hell!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Yikes!! (I have no advice....sorry) but seriously yikes! lol. That would have been a little unnerving!

EC resin when it polymerises has an exothermic reaction ... Meaning it gives off HEAT and naturally it smokes. Know your product chemistry and you will understand. The larger amount you spill, the more it will show. In Normal amounts you don't physically see the reaction, but in larger quantities, you certainly will both see it and feel it!

Last edited:
There have been people who have spilt adhesive on their jeans/skirt/trousers and they have received 1st degree burns and needed skin grafts!

As Geeg says, know your chemistry and understand about the hazardous products NT's work with

Thanks, knew someone here would know. Can now go in and sound so clever haha! X

So in theory if a nail tech used waaaayyy too much glue for applying a tip, could this burn the client?

Also had this once before years ago when at college, was sat doing my nails and my cousin appeared from nowhere, knocked the table and the glue split everywhere over my towel. The above happened, smoked, smelt very strong, threw the towel in the garden, 10 mins later went back out pick towel up and 'bent' it where the glue split and it SNAPPED, yes, my towel 'snapped'. Warning - be careful with glue lol x

So in theory if a nail tech used waaaayyy too much glue for applying a tip, could this burn the client?

Not in theory .... In fact. :green:

This happened to me recently. My glue wouldn't could out and like and idiot i squeezed it hard and a big blob fell down my top, between my boobs, and man did it burn! I have a deep burn between my boob now, but its healing up. Be warned fellow nail techs!

I dont work with it Anny more so...;)

Also had this once before years ago when at college, was sat doing my nails and my cousin appeared from nowhere, knocked the table and the glue split everywhere over my towel. The above happened, smoked, smelt very strong, threw the towel in the garden, 10 mins later went back out pick towel up and 'bent' it where the glue split and it SNAPPED, yes, my towel 'snapped'. Warning - be careful with glue lol x

Me and the tech looked at the towel today after washing as drying, bent the spot where it was and it also snapped. Quite
Funny in its own little way xoxo

Latest posts

Back