So how many of you are glad to see the back of christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Evening geeks,.. pheww, thank god thats all out of the way I must say, am I the only one that feels like this,is it just an age thing? Cant wait to get the xmas tree down,,if it wasnt for my daughter it would of been down today , starting diet already,and looking forward to the spring..my favourite season ima....and my holiday to look forward to now ...or are you feeling down in the dumps wishing you were still openin pressies,boozing and eating loads?:lol:

I am loving it!! I have my daughter home from Uni! I am spending much needed time with family and friends! I am having a much needed break from work!! I don't eat more at christmas,,if anything, I eat less....so lose weight!!
I am having a great time!!!

I too am loving Christmas I hate the build up to it but then love it once it arrives :)

I have eaten for 4 days solid. Burp.
My mum did say I was looking a little thin last week.

we are all having a fab time...i am working tomorrow all day which is a bummer cos rob and the girls will be still in Christmas mode....but then i am off again till 3rd Jan..

I love having us all here at home and not at school/work...but i do find that the house just doesn't stay tidy for 5 mins...:lol:

I am enjoying the time off too. I have a nice, round xmas belly to boot!

My house is a complete pigsty though and I think I can put up with it a little longer.:lol:

I love Christmas, the lovely food, catching up with friends and family, the decoration and all that. I'd love to have my tree up all year lol.

You are getting old Debbie, its all harmless fun!:)

I love Christmas, the lovely food, catching up with friends and family, the decoration and all that. I'd love to have my tree up all year lol.

You are getting old Debbie, its all harmless fun!:)

Cheers chick, thanks for that :lol:

This year my hubby & I didn't do anything for xmas, no shopping , no decorating, nuthin'. I just got back to work from having carpal tunnel surgery & moving in a few weeks so we never got in the mood this year. Sad, I know, I really LOVE xmas but just let it pass this time..*sigh* I hope y'all enjoyed urs though!:hug:

I LOOOOOOVE christmas, but for some reason (my two lovely tree decorating little devil-elfs) I loved to take down the christmas tree yesterday LOL

Ordinarily, I LOVE Christmas.
But this year has been riddled with pitfalls... and with my clientel having grown from last years.. I've been rather overwhelmed.

I never succeeded in getting any baking done (I've had MANY complaints on that score). I didn't put up even half the decorations I usually do. I did not wrap gifts as nicely (they were rather slapped together, as long as the paper stayed on, we were good to go) and they lacked the personal touches I usually add. I haven't seen half the people I usually see, nor done half the activities I usually do with my children.. In general, it's been a dissappointing season for me.
I'll be glad to see the back-end of it, to move on into the new year.

On a good note... my children are happy and healthy and that's ALL that's important to me.

I'm looking forward to a new year of adventures, learning processes (business wise) and happier times.

Giant hugs to all of you and hoping for a lovely new 2010
:hug:

Victoria, welcome to my world!!!! 12 hour days everyday for the 3 weeks before xmas, did the shopping online, and through friends, flung the decs up and somehow put together dinner and a buffet for 15 people! Enjoyed it tho

Victoria, welcome to my world!!!! 12 hour days everyday for the 3 weeks before xmas, did the shopping online, and through friends, flung the decs up and somehow put together dinner and a buffet for 15 people! Enjoyed it tho

I hear ya, sister!! LOL:lol:
Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased as punch that my business has grown. All my hard work, sweat, blood and tears are paying off. But I'm at that in-between stage where I NEED to hire help for around the house and with the kids but can't yet afford to.... :cry: so the fatigue took a lot of the 'joy' out of things because I couldn't enjoy them fully. And this winter has been milder than usual, so damper.. so my Raynauds is kicking me in the teeth blah humbug LOL

It's been a challenging year, to say the least.
Looking forward to an easier one. (fingers crossed LOL)

Tis the season to go low-carb
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Can't fit in my pre-Christmas garb
Don we now our fat apparel
Fa la la, la la la, la la la
Now that we're shaped like a barrel

Run for miles, I don't lose one gram
Christmas overwhelms the program
Breads and sweets, you're gone today
Maybe see you Easter Sunday?

Fat is melting, hallelujah
Doctor Atkins, a toast to ya
Meat and wine and salad - clever!
I should eat this way forever

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha, Paul thats awsum!!:lol:

Oh i wish it could be christmas every day !!
No to that i would be dead in a month :):)

Paul, as usual, you make me giggle!
Thanks for that and give your beasties a smooch for me :green::hug:

I've had a relaxing chilled christmas and feel quite rested. Like Bagpuss, I had to go in on tuesday for a full day but am off until Tuesday next week so its kind of stopped "cabin fever" kick in.

Am looking forward to a few more guilt-free days where I can drink baileys, eat thorntons and cake and laze around in PJ's until mid morning.

Then, wahooooo! Back to work.

Mr Chick was restless yesterday, was finding jobs to do around the place so I sent him out to look for a car for me.

Just got a party tonight around a neighbours and then few more chill days. Now, if it was 28 degrees I think I would enjoy it even more!

Evening geeks,.. pheww, thank god thats all out of the way I must say, am I the only one that feels like this,is it just an age thing? Cant wait to get the xmas tree down,,if it wasnt for my daughter it would of been down today , starting diet already,and looking forward to the spring..my favourite season ima....and my holiday to look forward to now ...or are you feeling down in the dumps wishing you were still openin pressies,boozing and eating loads?:lol:

I'm with you...so glad it's OVER! :)

Latest posts

Back