soaking off when mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted a bit of advice! i have just started as a mobile nail technician, and i am not sure what to do about when it comes to soaking off. I use gel. Because it takes mine about half an hour to soak off, so what do i do with the client during this time? feel it may be awkward just sitting there?!!

I dont really want to get clients to do it them selves before hand as most people wreck there nails.

If anyone can let me know what they do, or any hints and tips that would be fab! thanks for your help

Just set up, soak and have a chat! maybe use this time to talk about other treatments that you offer, or any special offers that you have on. Also tell them why it is important that YOU soak them off and not THEM :)

xx

Mess around with your stuff for a good 10 minutes tidy it up get everything ready if she is having a new set.

Book in any future appointments.

Update client record card (phone numbers etc)

and if that doesn't take enough time if shes not chatty take a couple of magazines one for her one for you (you can flick the pages for her) if she is chatty then simply do a big sigh and say sooo.... what you planning for your holidays this year even if shes not going anywhere talking about all the exotic places they'd like to go keep them chatting for ages!!!

Hth
Amy

Ah an ideal time to make a few more pennies!!!! if she is having a soak off and a new set .. say for instance she is havin pink and white's with a bit of nail art offer a french manicure and the same nail art on her toes .. judge the client if you think she may not go for it offer it free intro offer( as doesnt take long and costs nothing to do it really), i bet you will find that she will rebook everytime... if you offer this and she asks "how much is that ?" tell her you will do it half price as an intro offer... got some pennies for the extra treatment and dont have to just sit and feel uncomfortable.... well my thoughts anyway... gook luck.. H x

Use the foil method. File the gel to debulk, then place a piece of cotton wool soaKed in acetone/product remover on it, then wrap with foil. By the time you finish the last one the first one will be ready to remove.

LOL, a nail technician's diplomacy and communication skills are second to none. I like the different ideas for making the most out of what can be a very uncomfortable situation. Distracting the client with talk of exotic holidays(the take a big sigh first, had me lmao) and taking the time to do constructive things such as setting up, promoting other treatment.

Anyhoos what I do is put a warm bowl of water under the acetone to warm it up. Then I put a towel to cover the client's hands and the bowl completely, this prevents the vapours from escaping and keeps the acetone warm. I also cut down any excess length and rough up the nails before hand.
I leave the everything covered for at least ten minutes (this is the time when I employ one or all of the tactics above)

When I uncover it I work on one finger at a time with a file and couch roll paper to sweep away the gloop. I probably do this about twice to each finger and it all takes about 30mins.

You could really pamper her and make her a drink, take some sachets of hot chocolate round and chat, everyone loves to be pampered and this would be a double pamper!!!:hug::hug:

Use the foil method. File the gel to debulk, then place a piece of cotton wool soaKed in acetone/product remover on it, then wrap with foil. By the time you finish the last one the first one will be ready to remove.

This is what I do (I'm not mobile).Saves awkward silences & keeps both busy.

Latest posts

Back