solaroil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you apply solaroil / cuticle oil?

• Once a day

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • More than once a day

Votes: 85 34.6%
  • When I actually remember that it exists

Votes: 62 25.2%
  • what is Solaroil????

Votes: 10 4.1%

• Total voters
Ive heard about solar oil a lot on this site, were can i get it from???

I couldnt vote on this as I am one of a very few peopke who cannot use solar oil as it makes my skin look even drier as I develop what looks like very small dried blisters which get bigger and then the skin peels away:eek: Still havent found a substitute but someone suggested A Jessica product which I am going to try in pure desperation!
Sounds like you have an allergy to something in the oil. The most common culprit is the sweet almond oil, you may be allergic to tree nuts, the only way to really find out is to be tested by a physician. It may not be just solar oil you are allergic to, it may be an ingredient found in many oils. HTH

BTW- I have oil in my hand bag, on my desk, in my apron pocket, in the ashtray of the car (along with some spare change and a hot wheel car) and on my night stand. Every time my hand comes in contact with my bottle I put a dab on. (I refill with the 4 ounce but keep pinkie bottles for my "stashes")

I also have it at the side of my bed so put it before i turn the lamp out night night xx

i have a couple of the little pinkie size ones, i only came across solar oil two months ago, but with this weird condition i have developed koilonchis(sp) and my nails and hands being raw and sore, it has been a life saver, within days they were already looking better

great stuff, cant wait to start trying the rest of the range

Nicky x

i use mines twice a day

in the morning and at night

i believe you must practice what you preach

i LOVE cuticle oil, especially solar oil! i want to eat it, it smells sooo nice!!!:lol:
I tend to apply more if I'm at work as I apply it to myself after each client. I always apply at least twice everyday. Use it one rest of my hand sometimes if they are really dry! Haven't tried on my heels though as others have said. I'll have to try that! Mine get really dry at this time of the year, being in flip flops all the time!

Solar oil...it should be up there in the hall of fame:green:

I use it daily several times,discovered it after i had a manicure on the isle of wight!
I have 2 retail sizes,one in my bag and the other by my bed....its a therapists tool that makes your life so much easier!

I use it on the backs of my hands,my cuticles,around my eyes under my eye cream if they are excessively dry,the skin just drinks it in....

When i go up to Creative academy at Leeds next monday its coming to the slon with me by the bucketfull!:eek::eek::green:

Minimum of once a day (at night after shower - and its normally a moisture pack (cuti eraser + solar rather than just plain solar) in the morning if I remember or during the day when dealing with clients.. if I dont use it.. it shows... even if I just skip one day :(

My hands are sooooo dry that they are very high maintenance, since they are on display when I do my treatment and I wash my hands as many time as I do treatments I have to moisturise them as I go along :lol:

Latest posts

Back