Spary tan conundrum!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hiya :)

I've been tanning for a while now but had my first REALLY pale person last week. I sprayed her with EOS and when I saw her mum today, I asked how she had liked it. She said it would have been lovely if tummy had tanned and both legs had tanned instead of just one :eek:

Why would this have happened? I cleaned my gun out prior to this tanning so I know that was working properly. It's a mystery!

I told her mum to tell her to come back in next weekend and I'll spray her again. She's only 15 and needs some confidence, so I'm a bit disappointed :cry:

xx

If she is only 15 do you think she has prepared for her tan properly? If the rest has come out properly it sounds like there must have been something acting as a barrier to the tan such as an oil based body lotion?
How was her face? beacause if like me you do this last then surely your gun couldnt have stopped working because her face wouldnt have tanned either.
I would ask to go and see her to make sure they are not trying to get a free spray hun xxx

i have no idea why this would/should happen.
The only thing i can think of is when you sprayed thoes parts your gun was maybe blocked and no tan came out just air and noise apart from that there is no way you could have completly missed and there is no way that i know of anyway that thoes parts just would not tan

A shot in the dark here but i would guess as she is only 15 that she has not properly exfoliated her skin and there was something still on the one leg and her stomach for these areas not to have taken at all,
or when she has showered the guide colour off she has forgotten to pat dry and rubbed, then realised what she has done, too late
but i would have wanted to see for myself straight away hth

Hmmmm its a shame the mum didnt come back with the daughter to show you.....(unless I have read that wrong) cos at the moment we are going based on what the mum is telling us......however if this is the case I would be inclined to say when you do re spray her perhaps use a 5% and work with your guide colour......am not for a second saying it was your fault so please dont take that the wrong way but I know it can be quite tricky to spray without a guide colour.

HTH

Hi guys thanks for your replies :)

I wished they would have come in after to show me, but I wouldn't have been there myself anyway as I was on my first 3 days of my CND foundation course. When I spoke to the mum today, the salon owner was there and she said, 'oh, yes I meant to tell you, I forgot!' I know she wouldn't lie (she has got a lot on!).

I think the likely reason as said is the exfoliation and/or rubbing and forgetting, the latter more likely as I think of it as it's only one leg and her tummy. I'll speak to her when I see her, but she's bound to deny it!

Thanks again guys, it was puzzling me and I will spray her in 5%, I don't think she'd take any more than that, she's almost transparent!

xx

Hiya :)

I've been tanning for a while now but had my first REALLY pale person last week. I sprayed her with EOS and when I saw her mum today, I asked how she had liked it. She said it would have been lovely if tummy had tanned and both legs had tanned instead of just one :eek:

Why would this have happened? I cleaned my gun out prior to this tanning so I know that was working properly. It's a mystery!

I told her mum to tell her to come back in next weekend and I'll spray her again. She's only 15 and needs some confidence, so I'm a bit disappointed :cry:

xx

This sounds very much like it is either an application or a customer prep problem.

Reiterate to your customer the need for pre tan prep and ensure there is adequate lighting in the work area so application can be seen clearly.

Likewise to ensure the best sustainability of the tan you might also want to run over post tan care also with her...just to be on the safe side.

With someone so young and fair I would definitely stick with a 5% or a light coating of EOS (which now has slightly more initial colour guide in the formulation) and see how she feels about the tan ....you can always increase the % on subsequent tan applications if she feels the need /desire to go slightly darker.

HTH :hug:

Latest posts

Back