Speeding tickets!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
I got 2 (TWO) thru the post today! Very very miserable! No more clean license for Lulu!:cry::cry::cry: How many points does everyone else have on their license? Lx

you poor thing you

better be careful from now on otherwise you will need to employ a driver

im clean at the present havent had any since kids were babies and then i got them for speeding only cause the kids were driving me mad screaming there heads off and wanted to get home lol

now things are quieter and not so stressfull i drive to to the limit - most of the time hehe!!!

So will I now. It's gonna take forever to get anywhere! Lx

well you better be good hun as i want to see you bright and early (not too early lol) on friday

Ive got 3! Got them in feburary this year :eek:

Was sat in a queue of traffic and was messing about looking at my new phone, traffic started to move so i put the phone down, looked to my right to check in my mirror and there was a police man :irked:

he made me pull over and get in the back of his car, took my details and gave me a producer.

Apparently it was classed as use of a mobile while behind a wheel:mad:

Also got a £60 fine on top of the 3 point.

No points for me (yet, lol) but i did get a fine through the post last week for driving in a bus lane, and it wasn't even me, they'd mis-read the car reg.

I had a fine for driving in a bus lane too in the work car although I still maintain that was Adam (one of my colleagues) cos I am sure I would have noticed! Lx

I am on 3 at the moment but have been up to 9 and then got another 3, I had to go to court and plead it was my job. thankfully only got a £200 fine. Defiantly learnt my lesson

I have none yet, touch wood! I dont know how though as I'm sure I've come close sometimes!
I'm really careful in town and near schools and things but I think I push my luck a bit when I get on the motorways! xx

Well I had just fully cleared mine after having more than i felt comfortable with.

Then a sunny day and decided to go out on the beast (motorbike) for a whizz around the block.

2 weeks later the letter drops through the front door....3 points back again on the licence :eek:

Haven't heard the end of it from my wife :lol::lol:

if you cant do the time..dont commit the crime...:evil:

I'm a good girl:)....just haven't been caught yet:lol:

hehe I only passed my driving test 4 years ago and two months after passing it driving on a local road where I know the police were keen on speed I got caught 8 miles over. I got offered the choice of a speed awareness course and no points but a higher fine or the cheaper fine and 3 points. Well on probation for two years with being a newbie so took the course but then I had to produce my documents as well and when I got home I only found out the MOT had run out so had to get the hubby to MOT the car the same day. Needless to say I just about know where all the local speed cameras are now and I am always looking for more or the bright little cars parked up hiding places ready to zap people lol

I'm a good girl:)....just haven't been caught yet:lol:

Just because you haven't been caught doesnt mean your a good girl :lol::lol:

he he I only passed my driving test 4 years ago and two months after passing it driving on a local road where I know the police were keen on speed I got caught 8 miles over. I got offered the choice of a speed awareness course and no points but a higher fine or the cheaper fine and 3 points. Well on probation for two years with being a newbie so took the course but then I had to produce my documents as well and when I got home I only found out the MOT had run out so had to get the hubby to MOT the car the same day. Needless to say I just about know where all the local speed cameras are now and I am always looking for more or the bright little cars parked up hiding places ready to zap people Lil

I have found I have the problem with cameras which I know where they are...
Moved to a new area a few years back...so of course the eyes were all over the place looking for where the cameras were.
Fine all sorted and lodged n the back of the brain...thats when all the problems started.
Became complacent in a zero tolerance 30mph zone and got done 3 times in 3 months by the same dam camera doing 34mph.
i seem to have no problem whatsoever spotting new ones or those pesky mobile one...its the blinking ones that don't relocate every day or so that I seem to have a problem with :lol::lol:

NONE and never had had any, and only ever had one parking ticket too, (and i only didnt go to court to fight it cos i was heavily pregnant, got done cos one of my tyres was slightly over a yellow line next to my parking bay and i mean slightly like 2 inches)

i am always having a go at hubby for driving fast, he has been mega lucky not to get ticket, as he is always over the limit (only a tiny bit but still over) :rolleyes:

his business partner has got 9 and his dad also has 9, i keep warning him, he is gonna end up like them and they will all be begging me to take them out, and they no what my answer will be.

iv got to say, speeding is one of my bug bears, speed restrictions are there for a reason, and i Deplore people who ignore rules, dont get me wrong on the motorway or dual carriageway, i love opening my car up, and im no slow coach believe me, (i love feeling the roar of my mercs engine when i let her rip) but.....as someone who has been involved in a head-on collision with someone , going too fast and also seeing the devastation caused when someone going 30 in a 20 mph zone hits a child:cry:, then its something i feel very very strongly about

please if you have points, think about why and make sure you dont get anymore:hug:

I have 3 points which I got for doing 50mph in a 40 limit, the reason? I was late for a client - it's a rubbish reason but I was genuinely late and I deserved to be caught.

The thing is though it has had a real effect on the way I drive. I'd had a clean licence for 19 years and was very complacent about driving 'somewhere around' the speed limit without taking too much notice of exactly how fast I was driving. I now watch my speed, and take note of the limit because I don't want more points - as a mobile Tech I can't afford to lose my licence or to may inflated insurance preimiums....... I've had my points for over 2 years now so this isn't a knee-jerk reaction from me, it's had a lasting effect on my driving style so in a way getting a ticket has been a good thing for me. I have no sympathy for people who get caught over and over again.......

9 months and my points drop off, and I'm not getting any more!

if you cant do the time..dont commit the crime...:evil:

I agree with Angie...if you dont want points or a fine,then abide by the law. How would you feel if someone hit you or a member of your family while speeding?. This is why i dont speed or drink and drive. I have never had any points on my licence.

I have never ever been stopped for anything by the police...never had any points and TBH I am not a slow driver......a few months back I saw a police car behind me and they actually pulled me over....felt like a criminal sitting in the back of the police car giving all my details :eek:

Can't blame anyone but myself and didn't even try to find excuses as the facts of the matter are that I was too fast :green:

OMG I got one and was traumatised by it!!
I even felt ashamed when I renewed my insurance and had to tell them.:o
I am usually really careful and I think people think that because you have a fast car you WILL speed but I don't!
I do get a lot of "boy racers" driving close to me wanting a race so I just let them overtake me.
And give them the finger as they go by of course:lol:

Latest posts

Back