Speeding tickets!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you people with points - I hope you are telling your insurance company when it comes up for renewal? they are disclosable for insurance purposes for up to 5 years!!! and yes, even one speeding can make a difference with some insurers!! :eek:

All you people with points - I hope you are telling your insurance company when it comes up for renewal? they are disclosable for insurance purposes for up to 5 years!!! and yes, even one speeding can make a difference with some insurers!! :eek:

Yep, first thing I did was ring my insurance company - I didn't even leave it til renewal time....... I've declared it on my form to drive my husband's company car as well as when I changed insurance companies,

Never worth trying to get away with not telling anyone....... Speeding tickets are bad enough, prosecutions for insurance fraud I don't need, lol!!!

just had 3 points taken off my license after 5 years, so my insurance has dropped slightly.

was doing 98mph on the A1 so well deserved, reason: fancied a bit of speed.

The policeman had to help me into the car as my legs went all wobbly bobbly and he made me watch a video of myself.

Havent lived it down, but have learnt my lesson. :green:

Yep, first thing I did was ring my insurance company - I didn't even leave it til renewal time....... I've declared it on my form to drive my husband's company car as well as when I changed insurance companies,

Never worth trying to get away with not telling anyone....... Speeding tickets are bad enough, prosecutions for insurance fraud I don't need, lol!!!

that's the best thing to do so you don't forget, you'd be suprised how many people don't!! even when asked the question "do you have any motoring convictions?" they say no... but I do have 3 points for speeding! what do they thing a motoring conviction is then??

The other thing people are always doing is not declaring accident, claims etc etc if they are say going on their husbands policy and it happened under their own insurance, they think it doesnt count - It does!! any accidents, claims, losses, whether to blame or not, under your own insurance, partners, friends insurance, in a company car etc etc etc are ALL disclosable!! even windscreen claims!!

The insurance companies will wriggle out of paying a claim if given the oppertunity!

The policeman had to help me into the car as my legs went all wobbly bobbly and he made me watch a video of myself.

Ah, but did you at least look good on the video ?? :lol:

M.

Unfortunately I now have 11 points !! so yes i am in the pink :eek:
The wise words of my dad keep ringing in my ears "Points don't make Prizes" and "Lead Foot" :rolleyes:
So now I have abandoned the speed and have turned into driving miss daisy!!!
Everytime I see a council worker in an illuminous jacket on the road side I give myself and any unfortunate passengers whip lash by slamming all on...even if I am only doing 30mph.
I know it is naughty but I just love speed and I now find driving is much safer for all concerned if I conform to the law but in the process bore my self stupid.
I hate driving now all the enjoyment has gone so I have decided to take up grass tracking.

I got pulled over on the M4 this week for doing 98 no excuse just wanted to get home.
I apologised most profusely to the police officer explaining that I was going as fast as I could to get out of his way so that I didn't hold him up! He snarled very, no VERY loudly and told me to stay in the middle lane in future. Phew! I didn't even see him in my rear view!!

lucy

one of my clients got caught speeding and her options were that she could take the 3 points and the fine OR go on a days course (road awareness or something) and have no points !

might be worth looking into babe

kx

I got 2 (TWO) thru the post today! Very very miserable! No more clean license for Lulu!:cry::cry::cry: How many points does everyone else have on their license? Lx

My licence is clean at the moment. I ride very fast, very powerful motorcycles so have to be careful. Interestingly it made no difference at all to my insurance premiums for either car or bike when I got 3 points for speeding. I did have a giggle with the police officer when he said "you're going to get 3 points for this", "Only 3? What about 6 for artistic impression?"
:)

I was only 3miles and hour over the limit! Both times. Feel very bad. LX

No points for me i'm a goody goody lol :lol:. However, 5 years ago I kept getting parking tickets for my previous car and the tickets came from cambridge, London, shropshire and I don't live in any of those areas. Eventually they discovered that DVLA had replicated my number plate.

You get a speeding ticket even when you're parked :D

none surprisingly with the mileage I do. ..

Have had many in the past.....but good boy now

i have to say that i have been driving for 11 years not one point on my lices ever no parking tickets, what is the use of road rouls no one obays them i must say as a mobile hair and beauty therapist i am on the road alot and noe one as far as i can see sticks to the rules i hate this as it is for every onese safty woman are the worst offenders for talking on the phone and for not consentrating on what they are doing and what lane they should be in sorry ladys but i uesde to argue that woman were good drivers but not anymore please will every one stick to the road rules. hope i have not offende anyone but 30 miles an hour means 30 not 40 or 50 and if you are a speeder dont tail gate some one who is doing the correct speed it's not fair.

I've got a clean license.
been driving for 22 years.
got pulled over on the A1 doing 98 and got 3 points and £60 fine.
That was 4 years ago and my license is wiped clean.

got 1 parking ticket in Cardiff centre when I was a student.

I have been driving for 4 years now & have a clean licence. Ive seen too many accidents & know that bit of tin, now plastic, wont save your life in an accident.

My boyfriend banger races and I see how easy a car folds and bends, just makes you think. :idea: Ive always said that if I ever get road rage, I would go out in a banger.

My boyfriend got me a parking ticket for putting the ticket upside down & thats it. I got pulled over for no seatbelt, but I did have it on, I wear it under my arm pit :lol:

I got pulled over for no seatbelt, but I did have it on, I wear it under my arm pit :lol:

What even while your Geeking..is it on now then :eek:

Sorry ..just couldn't resist helped along by this fabulous wine..:hug:

What even while your Geeking..is it on now then :eek:

Sorry ..just couldn't resist helped along by this fabulous wine..:hug:

Yes, it makes me feel safe :hug:

If my boyfriend could have the chairs like they had on Top Gear in my living room, he would. Hes out there now playing with air bags :rolleyes: Little things!!

Yes, it makes me feel safe :hug:

If my boyfriend could have the chairs like they had on Top Gear in my living room, he would. Hes out there now playing with air bags :rolleyes: Little things!!

Have you got one of them steering wheel jobbies like you get with some PC games also :lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back