Spray tan help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
Im new to spray tanning and did my training a couple of weeks ago with LA TAN,I have all the equipment and ready to start practicing before doing any spray tans in the salon.

I wasn't shown how to use my machine to dry the client.Could someone please explain how I do this:rolleyes:?

On the subject of Vitiligo,when I do St Tropez tanning(hands on method)I get my client to come in the day before and apply tan to the whiter areas then apply tan all over the following day,what would you do with a spray tan?Follow same principles? I did ask my trainer and she didn't give me what I call a very convincing answer.

Thankyou for any advice:hug:

Hi Babs, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your vitiligo question.....I would imagine though that clients wit this condition may be better suited to the hands on method.

Re drying the client, I don't find any need to do this.....I didn't train with LA so not sure how they train you to spray........I spray with my gun set quite low, I've marked the nut at the back and I have it set to about 20 to iykwim, so I'm not using too much solution and the client doesn't really get wet.....they are ready to dress within a couple of minutes.

HTH Lou x

Hi Babs, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your vitiligo question.....I would imagine though that clients wit this condition may be better suited to the hands on method.

Re drying the client, I don't find any need to do this.....I didn't train with LA so not sure how they train you to spray........I spray with my gun set quite low, I've marked the nut at the back and I have it set to about 20 to iykwim, so I'm not using too much solution and the client doesn't really get wet.....they are ready to dress within a couple of minutes.

HTH Lou x
Ah ok,the trainer just mentioned that you could dry client off so they would be ready to get dressed quicker,however she didn't go into details and what with one thing and another I totally forgot to ask her to show me what to do.My models weren't that wet either so probably wouldn't need to do.

Thankyou for your advice Lou:hug:xx

Hi Babs, if its the 5008 model you just pull the hose out of the gun end after the treatment and you'll find warm air comes out to warm up/dry off the client:hug:
HTH Dawn

Hi Babs, if its the 5008 model you just pull the hose out of the gun end after the treatment and you'll find warm air comes out to warm up/dry off the client:hug:
HTH Dawn
Yes Dawn it is THE hv 5008,thankyou for your help.x:hug:

In my experience in tanning i find that the client drys quicker if the room is a bit cooler..it seems a bit harsh but it still feels warm to the client having a cold tan sprayed at them hehe! :eek:

Cold rooms for spray tanning...... ouch !!!

My thoughts too:eek: I was thinking nice and warm like when I do my St Tropez:green:

I use la tan in the salon and to be honest with you, once the client has had few mins out of the tent they are ready to get dressed. we have the room lovely and warm and its takes about 5 mins or so.

re the other answer, we have a lady with the same condition, we have found that a light misting in her areas (back, hip and upper shoulder) on the first day and then she comes back the next day and we do a full tan tends to give a great result. we dont apply by hand on her as her areas are mediumish sites.

tigi

dawn beat me to it!!
just take the hose out of the back of the gun and voila..nice warm air!
la tan will dry quickly if you don't overspray...one even coat followed by a quick light misting instead of a full second coat will ensure a nice even tan and also means that the client is pretty much ready to get dressed as soon as you have finished spraying, give a couple of mins. If you use barrier cream on the hands and feet, usually by the time you have done this the client can get dressed xx

Hi Babs,

It seems like you have gotten some pretty great advice so far. Another very useful tool when just learning how to spray tan is to use a training spray. I am not sure if LA Tans has this. If not, I received mine from EnvyTan. What it is, is a 0% no DHA training solution. It only has a bronzer in it. So the tan will not develop. This is great because as you are learning to spray tan someone, if you mess up, you just have them wash it off and start over. It should only take you a few tans to get the basics down. Enjoy learning!

Im new to spray tanning and did my training a couple of weeks ago with LA TAN,I have all the equipment and ready to start practicing before doing any spray tans in the salon.

I wasn't shown how to use my machine to dry the client.Could someone please explain how I do this:rolleyes:?

On the subject of Vitiligo,when I do St Tropez tanning(hands on method)I get my client to come in the day before and apply tan to the whiter areas then apply tan all over the following day,what would you do with a spray tan?Follow same principles? I did ask my trainer and she didn't give me what I call a very convincing answer.

Thankyou for any advice:hug:

No you are right with the Vitiligo, you can only blend this as good as you can, you could apply a rub in to the area, and then spray the next day as normal.

Kind regards,

Su x

Latest posts

Back