Spray tan problem!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princessstacie

Reaction score
I ahve recently started spray tanning after doing a course and everything seems to be going ok. Apart from one thing....... The hands of my clients seem to go really really dark and streaky! I have tried using a barrier cream, a spray that is supposed to prevent the streaking and over processing but it doesnt seem to be helping! I am in desperate need of advice now as i have a lady to do tonight for her engagement party and obviously want it to be perfect!
Thanks in advance guys x x x x x:hug:

Which part of the hand is doing this hun, the palms or the back of the hand?
xxx

Which part of the hand is doing this hun, the palms or the back of the hand?
xxx
It seems to be more the back of the hand. Most of my clients go to bed before they shower it off so do you think its because of this? If so how do i prevent it?
xxxxx

I was taught to lightly spray in a circular motion, and haven't had a problem so far, does your client have dry hands ? because they product will grab onto those ares more :confused:

It seems to be more the back of the hand. Most of my clients go to bed before they shower it off so do you think its because of this? If so how do i prevent it?
xxxxx

No hun it shouldnt make a difference if they go to bed in it as it will reach a certain colour and stop developing.
Make sure your clients hands are well out of the way when spraying the body as the overspray will catch them. I do the face last and then give a quick spray over the hands and thats it.
Maybe you are going over the hands too many times?
xxx

I was taught to lightly spray in a circular motion, and haven't had a problem so far, does your client have dry hands ? because they product will grab onto those ares more :confused:
Hi tracey, her hands are usually fine as far as concerned for dry skin and i always recommendthat dry areas be exfoliated. Im so worried about it haooening to my client this evening due to the fact that everyone will be looking at her hands for the engagement ring! arrrgggghhhh. I'm starting to lose confidence over it! xxxxx

i have even tried not spraying the hands and just letting the excess mist catch them but it doesnt seem to have worked! xx

DONT WORRY :) just give them a light circular spray, and avoid her hands getting in the way as the last poster suggested, and I'm sure things will be fine, let us know how thing go :hug:

Hi tracey, her hands are usually fine as far as concerned for dry skin and i always recommendthat dry areas be exfoliated. Im so worried about it haooening to my client this evening due to the fact that everyone will be looking at her hands for the engagement ring! arrrgggghhhh. I'm starting to lose confidence over it! xxxxx

NO dont lose confidence in it. You will be fine and it will all go ok.
Make sure the barrier cream is only on the palms. If you get any on the back of the hands then they will go streaky.
Everyone im sure has had problems they are not sure off at some stage hun.
Have you got somone that you can practice on before hand? Go and grab your mate and have another go. It will put your mind at ease and you will be glowing with confidence for your client tonight!
What tan are you using? xxx

Hi Stacey
Dont lose hope chick! Its happens us all its all just experience. I usually put barrier cream over hands front and back and mist them once. at end i always wipe over hands with a tissue not sure if it helps or not but i feel better doing it plus i use baby wipe and clean inside of hands.Be careful thats its not the rest of routine that her hands are getting it from. Chic try telling client to wear loose pair of socks over her hands when she goes to bed cause sometimes this is how the hands get dark as some of us sleep with hand between our thighs(i know i do). but be confident even if you dont feel it on the inside the mind is a powerful thing chic.hth. Good luck and let us know how you go.:hug::hug:

How do you spray the arm?

When coming down the arm do you come off in a Y at the wrist?? If not, this is what your prob is, if you are just stopping at the wrist there will be a lot of over spray going on the back of the hand, then if you are also spraying the hand on top it could be gettin a few coats.

I spray the arm, coming off in a Y at the wrist and when spraying the hand pull the gun back so its twice the distance away (2 hands away rather than 1) and i normaly mist in a V shape, eg: up the thumb and 1st finger and down the other 3. I normaly do this quite quick. This way you get just enough tan on the hands to blend in naturally with the arm.

I do the same on the feet.

HTH

Stacey,
there is some fantastic advise given already and don't go loosing confidence..weve all been there and found our own unique way of dealing with such problems.

try and look at these problems from a different perspective...I.E. ive got this problem now how best do I deal with it kind of thing.....experiment with different ways drawing on your training,adaptations to your training to suit your specific style etc.

Problems are there to be solved and make us much better therapists :hug:

Just out of interest do you have extraction facilities that can draw away over spray as this might also just help with the problem :hug:

Hi everyone!
God im so happy with ALL the advise you have given me and it has kind of given me a big bout of confidence!
All seemed to go ok, i tried not to go over the hands too much when spraying the wrist and lower arm so hopefully i have succeeded. I also didnt put as much barrier cream on i only did the palms so hopefully this worked as well. This is my 8th attempt at a spray tan so i feel i should have learnt from the others maybe, thats why im so frustrated! IYKWIM?
The client seemed really happy with the outcome so far {as it has a colour guide} so hopefully it will stay that way.

Im using TanTruth Which is a product from sallys. I have chosen to use this myself as i found when using this on myself, the colour and overall tan itself had a much better quality. I have had fake bake and others sprayed on myself and have not bee as happy with them as i have Tantruth. Although i suppose it does depend on the technician aswell.

Well after all said and done i hope the finished product will look great tomorrow. If it does still go streaky or patchy is there anything i can do to correct it? I dont really want to spray again as it will make the original tan go darker?

Thank you all SOOOOOO much your great!!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Hi everyone!
God im so happy with ALL the advise you have given me and it has kind of given me a big bout of confidence!
All seemed to go ok, i tried not to go over the hands too much when spraying the wrist and lower arm so hopefully i have succeeded. I also didnt put as much barrier cream on i only did the palms so hopefully this worked as well. This is my 8th attempt at a spray tan so i feel i should have learnt from the others maybe, thats why im so frustrated! IYKWIM?
The client seemed really happy with the outcome so far {as it has a colour guide} so hopefully it will stay that way.

Im using TanTruth Which is a product from sallys. I have chosen to use this myself as i found when using this on myself, the colour and overall tan itself had a much better quality. I have had fake bake and others sprayed on myself and have not bee as happy with them as i have Tantruth. Although i suppose it does depend on the technician aswell.

Well after all said and done i hope the finished product will look great tomorrow. If it does still go streaky or patchy is there anything i can do to correct it? I dont really want to spray again as it will make the original tan go darker?

Thank you all SOOOOOO much your great!!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Eight tans is just early days for you...keep gaining experiance trough dealing with these problems head on and very soon you will be able to cope with any situation :hug:

happy days chick i'm sure it will turn out great! glad you got your confidence back.:):hug:

AWWWW you lot are bloody lovely!!! {sorry for swearing}lol
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

hun
Any word on how your tan went? how you feelin today? More confident!!! Have you tried tantrick chick or sienna x they are both beautiful tans.:hug:

hun
Any word on how your tan went? how you feelin today? More confident!!! Have you tried tantrick chick or sienna x they are both beautiful tans.:hug:
Hi rock chic i have just had an email back from my client and she said she is really pleased with the tan and she will be recommending me to all her friends!!!! I am so pleased!!!
I think once i have got my confidence up with the system i have got at the moment i will definatly try tantrick or sienna. Any ideas on how to do this? Do i contact them directly? xx
Thanks again everyone for all your advice xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi rock chic i have just had an email back from my client and she said she is really pleased with the tan and she will be recommending me to all her friends!!!! I am so pleased!!!
I think once i have got my confidence up with the system i have got at the moment i will definatly try tantrick or sienna. Any ideas on how to do this? Do i contact them directly? xx
Thanks again everyone for all your advice xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just give Tantrick a call mon to fri on 0845 022 22 33
and ask for some samples and they will send them to you free of charge and answer any questions you have while you are there too,
you will be speaking with Collin, Britta or Gemma hth :hug:

Just give Tantrick a call mon to fri on 0845 022 22 33
and ask for some samples and they will send them to you free of charge and answer any questions you have while you are there too,
you will be speaking with Collin, Britta or Gemma hth :hug:

Thanks lou!
I am soooo chuffed! Its all so exciting!!! pmsl sorry,but for once i can say im actually proud of myself! lol xx
:green::green::green::green::green::green::green::green::green::green:

Latest posts

Back