Spray tanning and weddings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millyspook

Reaction score
Hiya

I have a friend that is getting married and she wants a spray tan done for her wedding day but I am a bit concerned that the colour may rub off onto her dress (particularly if it is a hot day), and I don't want to spoil her day.

Has anyone had any experience with brides and spray tans? I know you can get clear spray tanning solution for brides but is this necessary and how easy is it to apply?

Julie
x

Always do a trial spray tan for a bride,
and always spray them 2 days before the wedding,
i use essence of summer for brides and have never had a problem with it transferring onto the dress, hth

I really wouldn't spray anyone on their wedding day as it would rub off onto a white dress and be very hard to remove from that kind of material.
Also she will feel a tad sticky for most of the day and the colour wouldn't have developed its full time.

Tell her its best to have her tan at least 2 days before her wedding day.
hths x

Oh no, I wouldn't do it on the day, probably on the Thursday prior to it, but I was concerned that if she got hot, it would rub off on her dress.

I have never had any problems with spray tan rubbing off though but I thought that perhaps there was a reason why you can get clear spray tanning solution.

You cant guarentee that sweat wouldnt cause it to rub onto her dress.

I agree that 2 days before a wedding is ideal. However, i have sprayed a bride the day before her wedding as i couldn't fit her in 2 days before and she was absolutely fine.
She had the tan first thing in the morning and showered last thing at night and then again first thing next morning.
If you spray on the day of the wedding then chances are you will ruin the dress, especially in this weather!!

trial to check colour............tan 2 days before .....

as well as less chance of colour rub off, you can also sort any probs if any arise hth's

Mm, thats what I am thinking, I really don't want to spoil her day.

Think I might give the clear solution a go.

Julie
x

Or you could trial her and get her to wear an old tight white top for the lady and kind of ask her to become hot and bothered i.e go for a little run. And test it to see if the tan sweats onto the top.

But if im honest i had a spray tan the other night and wore a white bra yesterday and the straps of my bra did have tan on it due to the hot weather and sweating.

I think there will probably be a certain amount of rub off even with a tan 2 days before. If I rub my skin hard enough with a white towel a week after a tan I can get some colour off! However, the rub off would be mostly on the inside of the dress if there were any and most brides get their dresses dry cleaned after the wedding day anyway. If my wedding dress is anything to go by it had a lot worse than tan on it by the end of the night! Waldorf salad, beer..etc lol

I would just do it two days before with a light % (say 8%) and she will be lovely for her wedding day :hug:

Beaubronz is perfect for brides. I can spray anyone and they have very little rub off even before they shower. Once they have a shower there is no further rub off.

The salon is also designed for camera and TV work to counteract the yellow/orange undertones you get from the camera and other fake tans, as the solution has a pink and caramel undertone.

I would never use anything else on a bride, and all the bridal mags vote this tan as the best one for brides!

Kate

hiya im a bride who had a spray tan and yes i does rub off on the dress but this was later in the evening and was only at the top on the sides where my arms rubbed it
it was st tropez so i dont tknow about other brands
to be honest if you have spray tans or fake tans most people know to expect some sort of marks on clothing esp white at times
hth
xx

Latest posts

Back