Spray Tanning complaints

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
I posted up a week or so ago about a client saying 8% Sienna X turned her orange which I failed to see how! Came to the conclusion it must just be her as had no other problems with it!

Now I was doing a wee search on the salon on google to see what came up and there was a site which lists salons restaurants etc etc and there was a review of mine in which someone had put they got a spray tan by me and it was such a waste of money as it came out orange and patchy and they spent the next week washing it off. Now it had what area they are from so I looked up my record cards to see who it was as around about the time they posted ( august ) I had no complaints! But I cant find in the record cards who it could of been or in my diary. As theres no-one from that area! So they must of put a diff area than where they are from

The thing that has annoyed me is the fact they go to the effort of posting something like that on a review site but dont think to call me to ask about it! Or to even complain etc!
I emailed the site to ask if the comment could get taken down as I dont believe it was very fair as this person has never contacted me to complain about it. Their responce was "sorry no comments can be removed as the site is for good and bad reviews" There is no contact details for the review either so I cant contact them direct to ask what the problem was or if they can remove it and I will give them a free tan etc!
Very annoyed about this!

Anybody else had problems like this? Im sure Im not the only one. And I always believe that people always remember the bad stories and never the good! xx

hiya i use organics illusion and my clients love it yet when i do it on me it goes more orangey i think theres just some tans that people take to and some people dont i think u get some clients where theres a fine line between golden and orange i wouldnt worry about a couple of bad reviews cos u cant please everyone just think of all the people that love ur tans i did a tan on a friend of a friend once and she hated it so much she went and bought tan remover lol first and only ever complaint iv ever had but i didnt let it get to me cos i think of all my regulares who wouldnt go anywhere else xx

Hi, Karenrose, I doubt that it was a client who wrote the review it was probably a competitor. If a client was angry enough to post a review about a bad tan you would have herd from them. You seem to be a professional person and someone probably feels threatened x

Hi, Karenrose, I doubt that it was a client who wrote the review it was probably a competitor. If a client was angry enough to post a review about a bad tan you would have herd from them. You seem to be a professional person and someone probably feels threatened x

Thank you! That did cross my mind it could be a competitor but I cant think who!
And it does make sence as if they felt that strongly about the tan they would of called me to say! Not taken the time to look up a website and write something out! x

we had an awful review on a review site once, we had had our windows smashed, hanging backets stolen and lots of fake customers not turning up. then we had the review, the review was vague, nasty, and even mentioned a treatment we didnt offer.

I felt that the review was completely malicious and wrote that under the review. I also contacted the company and asked for my company to be withdrawn from their review site as I felt the fake review could harm our reputation. they at first said no, but when I asked for the address of their legal department and sent them an email, they backed off and took our details off their site.

I feel that unless we gave permission for our company to be on their review site, they have no right to represent us in any way. I wrote in my email to them that i did not give them permission to have us on their site, that I wanted our company details removed or I would seek legal advice for slander and defamation of character. I think you can at least try this. it worked for us.
xx

I posted up a week or so ago about a client saying 8% Sienna X turned her orange which I failed to see how! Came to the conclusion it must just be her as had no other problems with it!

Now I was doing a wee search on the salon on google to see what came up and there was a site which lists salons restaurants etc etc and there was a review of mine in which someone had put they got a spray tan by me and it was such a waste of money as it came out orange and patchy and they spent the next week washing it off. Now it had what area they are from so I looked up my record cards to see who it was as around about the time they posted ( august ) I had no complaints! But I cant find in the record cards who it could of been or in my diary. As theres no-one from that area! So they must of put a diff area than where they are from

The thing that has annoyed me is the fact they go to the effort of posting something like that on a review site but dont think to call me to ask about it! Or to even complain etc!
I emailed the site to ask if the comment could get taken down as I dont believe it was very fair as this person has never contacted me to complain about it. Their responce was "sorry no comments can be removed as the site is for good and bad reviews" There is no contact details for the review either so I cant contact them direct to ask what the problem was or if they can remove it and I will give them a free tan etc!
Very annoyed about this!

Anybody else had problems like this? Im sure Im not the only one. And I always believe that people always remember the bad stories and never the good! xx

they do normally have disclaimers to say that comments can't be removed but if it was something they felt they could do they would remove it. You should at least post a response to say that you have looked back at your records and you did not treat anyone from the area suggest in the review and you had no complaints received either. I would then state that if anyone has a tan from you and they were not happy that they should contact you asap for you to rectify the matter.

This shows you do have a complaints procedure in place and shows the readers that you have read the comments and are still asking the poster to contact you regarding this complaint. Whatever you do, don't tit for tat or post anything negative as that will just fuel the fire.

:hug:

... Or you could believe in the saying, "there's no such thing as bad publicity."

I used to work for a guy selling used sunbeds. Someone went all over some forums posting that he was a crook, his equipment didn't work, he lied and was a total thief... suddenly, the phone was ringing off the hook for the next six months!

Not sure if this works quite the same when it's people's bodies on the line, but you never know. Don't feel too down about it. It's just a nasty, jealous idiot.

Latest posts

Back