Spray Tanning Uniform

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbers_81

Reaction score
I will be doing my spray tan course very soon and when competent and ready to start on paying public I will need a uniform.

I'm aware that beauty therapists where those uniforms/dresses that are normally white, clean and very smart...(I'm sure you know the ones I mean)

But, as I will be spray tanning I'm sure I will need to wear black (incase I get the solution/spray on me!) also want something smart, business like, professional, comfortable and fitting to my business.

What do you fellow spray tanning therapists wear?

Thanks,

Kim

Hi,
I know a lot wear black tunics, but I have a chocolate brown tunic for spray tanning.
So glad I have. I wear that with black trousers. You would be amazed at how messy it could be if you wore dangerous white :eek:.
So easy to accidently spash yourself with tanning solution when refilling your gun, or when washing the gun out.
Best wishes.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

Hi there,

I do mobile tanning and started off wearing a bright pink t shirt with either black trousers or skirt.

This matched the towels etc that I used, however one thing to bear in mind is that you will be doing a lot of bending and stretching while spraying - the great thing about tunics is that they are a bit longer and dont ride up on you.

I think its a personal choice though, and as long as you look clean and smart you will be able to carry off any kind of uniform.

Thanks for the advice from you both :)

Never thought about the uniform riding up on me....Just proves you never really know whats right until your doing the job lol...All trial and error.

I'll take those points on board,

Thanks, Kim x

I know - its all the wee things that bite you in the bum, I had a t shirt that was great quality but not very long, as soon as I stretched or bent down either my belly or bum would show lol, not a pretty sight!!

Best of luck with things

I've tried a black tunic, but have just ordered a couple of black cotton polo shirts embroidered with my company name. I'm sure some of you will be horrified with such casual attire, but as already mentioned, there's a lot of bending and stretching and with the summer coming, I know I'll be more comfortable than in a tunic xx

I have sprayed my clients in my white uniform with no problem but it depends on how messy you are I think. I hate getting dirty so am more concious of it I guess.
At the moment i wear black trousers and the Sienna -x t-shirt that you can buy direct from them.
xxx

I agree that tunics are very warm in the summer, especially if you are doing a party! T-shirts with company name are much more comfortable.

hey, i wear dark tucis, brown and black so you dont notice if u have a acident with a bit of the solution, and closed toe shoes. Ballet shoes. gud luck x

i wear tunics as well - i get them from a seller on ebay. h e has 30 different colours and with the postage they are only £16 so they are affordable to be able to have several different colours!!

I have black brown purple red and have just ordered an orange one!! they are great and wash really nice as well

I wear a black tunic and black trousers or black skinny jeans. If you are spray tanning it is wise to wear black as you find sometimes you get some mess on you and its really going to show up on a white uniform.

hths x

Thanks for all the advice...

Have decided to go for a black stretch t-shirt that I'm going to have my business name printed onto with a pair of black trousers.

Kim x

I will be doing my spray tan course very soon and when competent and ready to start on paying public I will need a uniform.

I'm aware that beauty therapists where those uniforms/dresses that are normally white, clean and very smart...(I'm sure you know the ones I mean)

But, as I will be spray tanning I'm sure I will need to wear black (incase I get the solution/spray on me!) also want something smart, business like, professional, comfortable and fitting to my business.

Thanks,

Kim

I wear a polo t shirt; one black with large pink writing saying sienna x mobile spray tanning, and the other t shirt is pink with black writing. Writing is front and back.

It's easy to wear and I can move my arm without being restricted like you would in a tunic!!!
People often come up to me when I'm doing the shopping as it's easy to read.

HTH!
:hug:

And with black trowsers

x

i wear black 3/4 length trosers with a stretchy black vest with my website details printed on the back and the fake bake logo on the front (i use all fake bake products). in the winter i will probably go for longer trousers in black and a stretchy long sleeved black top. i do have some white v neck t shirts to with my website details on the back and logo on the front - bit these can get messy at tanning parties! lol

x:)

i just recently did my spray tanning training, and last night i had my first tanning party ( everything went well ) i wore my hot pink tunic and black trousers and i thought it was fine but just put it into machine and a few little specks of solution so from now on think it'll be my black one, will save my lovely pink one for other treatments.

x x

Thanks,

Kim

I wear a black polo shirt with big writing on the front and back saying sienna x mobile spray tanning. Really easy to wear and professional looking. And black trousers. I even have people coming up to me asking for cards as they can easily read it xx

Latest posts

Back