spray tanning, which barrier cream?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stampy

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering which barrier cream, if any, you use when doing spray tanning?

I've been using Fake Bake's Skin Smoothie oil lightly misted over dry areas such as hands, feet, knees and elbows which has always worked well but I'm just wondering about other possibilites.

Thanks! x

I use good ole vasaline and lightly apply to the dry areas and never had a problem with it.

I recently brought some barrier cream for tanning from ellisons as well and that worked.

The best tip I can give you is Less is More.

hope that helps

Mine is just a one from my local wholesalers, in the hairmessers part.

About £3 for a huge tub, and it smells lush!

Oh and its pink!

I do not do tanning but had a spray tan done with a lady and ended up with orange eye brows and when it wore off my body i looked like i had a skin problem. Is this normal for spray tannsxxx

I do not do tanning but had a spray tan done with a lady and ended up with orange eye brows and when it wore off my body i looked like i had a skin problem. Is this normal for spray tannsxxx

This is not normal for a trained technician. I hope it hasnt put you off for life having spray tans.

If someone has particularly dry skin in areas then I would use vasaline very smitenly in the dry areas and apply with a cotton bud. I can honestly say I have only ever put a barrier on one client in all my 4 years of tanning... I have the experience now to know where to pull away and spray lighter in areas that are dryer so that not as much solution goes onto the dry area.

Try and find an experienced spray tanner with a good reputation and you will not look back.. spray tans are in and are safe so please don't be put off by this one unfortunate incident.

:hug:

Thank you for that, i am like a milk bottle and love the idea of being brown but with out the harm full rays of tanning. I just wish it had wrn off more naturally rather than in patches and as for my eyebrows i had not even noticed till my friend said omg your eyebrows are orange. I nearly died.
jenny

Hi I use sienna x for all my products, solution, barrier cream etc

i think you could pretty much use any nice rich moisturiser, although i use st. tropez body moisturiser xx

Hi, just wondering which barrier cream, if any, you use when doing spray tanning?

I've been using Fake Bake's Skin Smoothie oil lightly misted over dry areas such as hands, feet, knees and elbows which has always worked well but I'm just wondering about other possibilites.

Thanks! x
hi i was just wondering since you posted this question have you tryed any other barrier creams? iv tryed one or two but with no luck stil getting too much over spray over hands and feet its driving me potty:irked:

Mine is just a one from my local wholesalers, in the hairmessers part.

About £3 for a huge tub, and it smells lush!

Oh and its pink!
hi hun does that mean the hairdressers bit of the wholesalers ,soz for sounding abit daft but iv been looking for a better barrier cream from the one iv been using ,the barrier cream on the beauty side :hug:

Thank you for that, i am like a milk bottle and love the idea of being brown but with out the harm full rays of tanning. I just wish it had wrn off more naturally rather than in patches and as for my eyebrows i had not even noticed till my friend said omg your eyebrows are orange. I nearly died.
jenny

You do need to lightly exfoliate your skin 5 to 7 days after a lotion applied tan (not sure what the timeframe is for a spray one though) in order that it will fade evenly. You also should use an oil free moisturiser after your daily shower.
:)

hi i was just wondering since you posted this question have you tryed any other barrier creams? iv tryed one or two but with no luck stil getting too much over spray over hands and feet its driving me potty:irked:

hi, well funnily enough I've just bought some TanTruth skin smoothing spray which I'm going to try out later so will report back on that one. x

Latest posts

Back