Switching from Creative to Young Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iv'e yet to find anything near to creative and I have tried many over the years ........ If it says quality it is quality imo

I'm with you Tracey! I have been in the nail business for nearly 10 years now and have used most of the big brands. I have been using CND for the past few years and was fairly happy but tried Young nails recently.

Everything I have seen written here regarding the liquid issue seems to be user error! I had no problem with the transition and my clients have commented on how easy the Young nails seem to sculpt. Have tried the gel too and that is to die for, so easy to use and this is a godsend as I am not too hot on gel! Have tried Brisa, got the lamp etc and it is good but Young's is just that bit easier.

Not sure what is meant by 'cheaper looking powder' I think it maybe looks a bit finer but that is all.

Like all of us are different in many ways, so are the products. We all have opinions and some of us will try to help when someone asks a question.

The key is to try both products and make up your own mind, it's horses for courses and we are all in the same larger club of Professional Nail Technicians!

Love and peace :green:

Sheila

Hey honey the problem could also be your liquid to power ratio it sounds as though you have to much liquid on your brush.

I've tried everything to not get that white crap on the color. It ALWAYS happens, whether the bead is wet/dry/whatever. I deal with it because of the colors, but what kind of company doesn't fix a serious flaw in their product like that? You're saying you NEVER have pure white on the side of your colored bead that is touching the brush? It happens with every single color of YN's powder I've tried, and I have 3 different collections of theirs.

I have used CND for at least 18 years. I thought I was missing out on the other products. I had a friend that swore by Entity. Tried it and didn't love it. I tried Young nails and really wanted to LOVE it but didn't. I still use a lot of YN glitters and nail art stuff. I have gone back to CND and am very happy again. I also like that I can buy a gallon of retention. Yn liquid biggest size is 32 ounces. So CND is more cost effective for me.
I would say to get the trail kit and try it. It is a good price. You might look for a class by Young nails. You will always wonder about if you don't try it. Then you can make the best choice for you.
Good luck

I like trying new systems on myself.. but I always come back to CND.. I wont bother changing systems for my clientelle.. Tried, Tested and works as far as my business is concerned!
but like i said, I enjoy trialling new products on myself...
I found YN "clumpy" but thats more to my lack of knowledge on the product then the actual system itself.. Good Luck, Hope yu find a system you are happy with and can rely on like I have.

I've tried everything to not get that white crap on the color. It ALWAYS happens, whether the bead is wet/dry/whatever. I deal with it because of the colors, but what kind of company doesn't fix a serious flaw in their product like that?This is not a serious flaw in the product as you put it. The neon colours are created using speed white to create the sades and setting time. You're saying you NEVER have pure white on the side of your colored bead that is touching the brush? It happens with every single color of YN's powder I've tried, and I have 3 different collections of theirs.
it has been said here time and time again if you change products to get the best possible result from them is to do some training and then you will get the best from the products.

I have been using YN product now for over 5 years and have to date had no problems and suggest doing some product training and this will help with the ratio etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you Tracey! I have been in the nail business for nearly 10 years now and have used most of the big brands. I have been using CND for the past few years and was fairly happy but tried Young nails recently.

Everything I have seen written here regarding the liquid issue seems to be user error! I had no problem with the transition and my clients have commented on how easy the Young nails seem to sculpt. Have tried the gel too and that is to die for, so easy to use and this is a godsend as I am not too hot on gel! Have tried Brisa, got the lamp etc and it is good but Young's is just that bit easier.

Not sure what is meant by 'cheaper looking powder' I think it maybe looks a bit finer but that is all.

Like all of us are different in many ways, so are the products. We all have opinions and some of us will try to help when someone asks a question.

The key is to try both products and make up your own mind, it's horses for courses and we are all in the same larger club of Professional Nail Technicians!

Love and peace :green:

Sheila

Well it was me that said that....
and I can't really put my finger on it....which doesn't really help :lol:
I just went back now to try and compare further and I can't define it.

So it is probably a bad choice of words on my part....but I still feel it!!! :lol:

Well it was me that said that....
and I can't really put my finger on it....which doesn't really help :lol:
I just went back now to try and compare further and I can't define it.

So it is probably a he bad choice of words on my part....but I still feel it!!! :lol:

The difference between the products is YN is alot finer powder the reason for this is that it has been quadruple sived which makes it alot finer. And because each grain of powder is the same size it makes you pick up an almost perfect bead every time.

I've tried everything to not get that white crap on the color. It ALWAYS happens, whether the bead is wet/dry/whatever. I deal with it because of the colors, but what kind of company doesn't fix a serious flaw in their product like that? You're saying you NEVER have pure white on the side of your colored bead that is touching the brush? It happens with every single color of YN's powder I've tried, and I have 3 different collections of theirs.

I place my bead upside down. Quite many colour powders get "marble" effect because the base tone is white? I have the same thing with Nfu.Oh colour powders because there is some white in it. If i place the bead brush on top i get marble but upside down its one tone. I actually like the effect!
But i must say that with Young Nails the "marble" is just with pastel type of colours, never the "real" colours for e.g. rainbow.
Hope you get it sorted!:hug:

well, i got my core starter kit, and i LOOOOOOVE it!!! i still have my cnd, not that i will use it again - anyone want it??? just small jars left...

i just LOOOOOVE yn!! i did a few full sets the last few days and a few fills. the bead is always perfect for me, the application is ultra smooth and i hardly have any filing to do. i can do a full set now in just under an hour for the most part...

now its just wait and see if clients have any lifting when they come in for fills/rebalance.

so far im loving it!! i also have a class im doing july 12th, which is 6 hrs, learning various tricks and applications using a wide range of the yn line. im so excited i cant wait!!!

Hi,

I haven't tried YN, but if you are looking for a wide range coloured powders, I am using a lot of neons from Nail Perfection at the moment and they don't marble.

I have never had any marbelling from Ez-Flow either.

Sam x

I am so pleased for you that you have had the very same experience as me with YN. It just clicked straight away and everything you have described is what I tried to describe to you.

I am a little further on now and have had NO lifting whatsoever and the colour and shine is keeping just as new!

I am so pleased for you, I have lots of the colour stuff and glitters and am having a ball with them.

You will have a fab day playing with the products, let me know how you get on!!

Love and best wishes

Sheila xxx :green:

Latest posts

Back