Talented pets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
does anyone have one?

i like to think i have...............i have an african grey parrot and picks up new things usually within 3 days.

earlier he was shouting MERRY XMAS at me.

his new one, which he has picked up off the tv is that "a hubba hubba hubba hub" (baileys ad). he does say ALOT more, but half of it isnt allowed to be put in print :lol: but the one i like best is when he shouts "SEXY B*&^£$d" at me, and ME only:lol:

Our Pug has an incredible memory for things on the television... especially music... a couple of bars of the music that accompanies the "BBC Hippos" and she will run towards the telly and bark at the hippos! She was the same when they had that sport relief trailer earlier this year, where they had a family running past in tracksuits, and then a dog in a tracksuit at the end - as soon as the music for that came on, she ran towards the telly and started barking in anticipation of the dog at the end!

pets are soooo brill aint they, and so entertaining

pets are soooo brill aint they, and so entertaining

Can I just say G I love your avatar :lol::lol::lol:

I have 3 labs and they don't have an ounce of talent between them apart from eating, however my last lab used to wait at the bottom of the stairs with hubby's slippers when he was due in from work.

I think we may have mice under our floor boards, although we have no sign of them in the house. And how do I know - coz one of my bloody jack russells has torn the carpet up in one corner, shredded the underlay to bits, and now spends her entire life staring at one particular spot on the floor! Over the weekend we are gonna take up some floorboards in downstairs cloakroom and let her investigate what is under there! Hope this works as I got another to JRs coming on xmas day and can't cope with 3 of them trying to fathom out what is there.

Yeah, they are real funny:rolleyes:

Hi I have a German Shepherd and he is clever empty's my house with the drop of an hat he is the best farter I have ever known I sit him with about twenty airfresheners around him and he beats them all lol:)

Hi I have a German Shepherd and he is clever empty's my house with the drop of an hat he is the best farter I have ever known I sit him with about twenty airfresheners around him and he beats them all lol:)

Your dog must be a Grandfather then (German word for Grandfather is Grossvater - pronounced Gross Farter) :green:

My pup Shar pei Harvey, is six months....When I ask him questions (hope it not just me that talks to my pet )...like was that nice harvey?

Or do you want you dinner? he nods his head.....he is soooooo funny and cute. He also plays hide and seek with my little boy and Tig with his nose

:lol:

Our dog tickles us, she knows shes not allowed on the sofa , and at night shes left to roam free of the house downstairs.

As soon as you step out of bed in the morning , you can hear her getting off the settee ,( we have wooden floors through out BTW),and when you get down stairs shes laying on her bed fast asleep!!!...or so she pretends:lol::lol:...Little does she know shes left a warm patch and hairs behind as evidence shes been on the settee ...little devil.:lol:

My hearing dog is the vrey talanted he alerts me to a sound by putting his paw on my leg..........I then say what is it and he will take me to the sound ie the door, cooker timer, to a person if they have sent him to get me , and if its the smoke alarm he puts his paw on my leg I say what is it and he lays at my feet I then know thats an emergency sound..........he also wakes me when the alarm goes off in the morning........now thats talanted.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Lhasa Apso (called Butch) dances with you!! He does a little shimmey across the floor towards to, left paw out and slide and shimmey, right paw out and slide and shimmey, its really funny!!

Benson (the labrador) sits in the living room whining like mad, so you think he needs the loo, so we get up to let him out and as soon as he gets in the kitchen he runs over to his food bin an headbutts it....this is his way of letting you know he is feeling peckish (which is enerally ever second of every day)

My pup Shar pei Harvey, is six months....When I ask him questions (hope it not just me that talks to my pet )...like was that nice harvey?

Or do you want you dinner? he nods his head.....he is soooooo funny and cute. He also plays hide and seek with my little boy and Tig with his nose

:lol:

My rottie does exactly the same thing I say do you want you dinner and she nods lol She also puts her paws over her eyes when I say hide your eyes :lol:

My hearing dog is the vrey talanted he alerts me to a sound by putting his paw on my leg..........I then say what is it and he will take me to the sound ie the door, cooker timer, to a person if they have sent him to get me , and if its the smoke alarm he puts his paw on my leg I say what is it and he lays at my feet I then know thats an emergency sound..........he also wakes me when the alarm goes off in the morning........now thats talanted.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with you Dawni, these dogs are amazing, as with the guide dogs for the blind - they are worth every single penny it takes to train these animals.

Not sure about talented (he's a few sandwiches short of a picnic) but I turned on the TV today and 'That Darn Cat' was on. My Burmese looks identical to the cat in the film. They are so similar it's frightening, and he even has some of the same mannerisms too.

My African Grey, Cujo, tells my cat Bob to get out. He says "out Bob, get, out".
He also knows The Lumberjack song. My husband tries to teach him bad words. For whatever reason Cujo, only copies my voice. No bad words, even after all my husbands dirty words.

Can I just say G I love your avatar :lol::lol::lol:

lol - didnt realise i had the same as yours - but ive changed mine now :hug:

I have an indian ringneck parrot that meows.

this is our puppy Bear. the only thing he can do is poop so far! hes so boisterous!
but hes learning! awh the joys of having a puppy!
looking foreword to having a strong well trained fully grown bear in a few months though!!! hes a tyke!

i have two 3 year old cockatiels that dance to rock music ,chirp and whistle to the themes from corrie and eastenders,opens their cage door by getting their claws round the latch and a 6 yr old japanese fantail goldfish that likes being fed from the hand.

Latest posts

Back