tan goes very patchy after 2 days?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
I have just started to use tantricks and love the colour. I have used it on 3 clients and they love it the only problem they don't like with it, it goes very patchy after 2/3 days and the fade isn't good at all and they all said they wouldn't have it again because of this. These are regualar clients so they no about after care.

I had my first tantrick tan done about 10 days ago and it is going patchy now, but not after a few days. I think thats why retail is important, to top it up yourself.

I did have a tiny patch of eczema on my inner elbow and that brought all the tan off.

what after care did you use hippy chick just as a matter of interest to me
thanks hun xxx

and tmouse ,im sure that when tantrick geeks read this thread you will get some help and answers

The thing is Tracey, they may know about aftercare procedures etc, but do they follow it? I know that many of my clients say they do moisturise but then at a later date admit that they didn't do it really.

Also check with them what type of shower gel they are using as they should be using an SLS free shower gel to give their tan a chance of staying perfect.

I have had a young girl this week ring me for a tan who had one a few weeks ago saying that her tan just didn't take, now I know she is trying it on to try and get a freebie as she is always skint but I always tell my clients any problems to ring me straight away so that I can see what has gone wrong (never had by the way).

Have you seen your clients, if not get a look at them sooner rather than later so you can see the problems for yourself, talk to them and get to the root of the problem.

10 days is a good time for a tan to last my clients couldn't wait to get it off.

what after care did you use hippy chick just as a matter of interest to me
thanks hun xxx

and tmouse ,im sure that when tantrick geeks read this thread you will get some help and answers
ummm! LOL!

Well I think my answer would be, when I shower I don't use ANY PRODUCTS on myself, just literally hose myself down and don't rub or apply any friction iykwim! although I do wash my hair in the shower (every other day).

the tan obviously came off my face quicker and more evenly as I cleanse, tone, etc daily.

I have just started to use tantricks and love the colour. I have used it on 3 clients and they love it the only problem they don't like with it, it goes very patchy after 2/3 days and the fade isn't good at all and they all said they wouldn't have it again because of this. These are regualar clients so they no about after care.

If your clients tans are going patchy it can be of one or two things usually. The first being that they didn't prep sufficiently enough ie exfoliate and moisturise the day before. But I would say if you are getting it regularly on a few clients, your technique needs to be looked at a little as it sounds to me like you are spraying too wet or too close and wet to the skin. You don't need to 'paint it on', just lightly mist and move evenly and consistently over the skin. The client should be able to dress straight away if its at the right consistency.

Can your clients get dressed straight away, or do they have to wait five mins or so to dry off first? Are you lightly misting or spraying a little dark? I don't get these problems any more, but I did at first once or twice. Speak to your educator to see if she can give you some advise. Last thing you want is un-happy clients. :hug:

Sounds like they may have forgot to pat dry and have maybe rubbed too hard after the shower,
this is easily done, i know because i have done it myself,
or like has been mentioned already not followed the after care even though they know what it is,
i never had a complaint about it not lasting or going patchy,
think it has more to do with the clients aftercare or lack of it, than your skills or the solution hth

oh yes, when I get out of the shower I don't dry myself, I just wrap myself up in a towel and air dry.

its called being EXTREMELY LAZY!

can you just help me with letting me know what aftercare is suggested for a tantrick tan,
i know i will learn all this on my course just soo very interersted

thankyou

hi jen

just a quickie - you mention exfoliate and moisturise the day before ? can you just confirm that it is definately ok to moisturise after exfoliation - the day before ?

thanks babe

kx

hi jen

just a quickie - you mention exfoliate and moisturise the day before ? can you just confirm that it is definately ok to moisturise after exfoliation - the day before ?

thanks babe

kx
The day before exfoliate and moisturise
on the day of the tan no moisturiser, make-up, deodorant or parfum hth

cheers babe x

The day before exfoliate and moisturise
on the day of the tan no moisturiser, make-up, deodorant or parfum hth

i have had no problems in the past with other tans, and yes they do wait about 5 mins before getting dressed. Maybe it's because the colour guide on the tantricks is abit lighter than my other tans and i am spraying to much will give it another go on my sister and see what result i get. I am not spraying wet and it doesn't drip off the skin just want to point that out i spray twice over the body maybe once is enough.

Yes the colour guide is quite light,
you need to looking for a shadow as you spray rather than a brown colour, did that make sense,
instead of seeing a brown colour as you spray you should just see what looks like a shadow hth

Hiya,
You have had a good response on the before and after care from the folk above so i am not going to repeat it.
I think it is the product pet.
I used Tantrick on a few customers & family as testers and they all didnt like it, purely the way it comes off the body was the issue. The colour wasnt natural looking enough for them either. Its all a matter of preference but if i were you I'd ask for a few samples from other companies just to see for yourself.
I use sienna-x and love it. (celebrity secrets is the best solution for 16%)
Good luck.
xxxxxx

can you just help me with letting me know what aftercare is suggested for a tantrick tan,
i know i will learn all this on my course just soo very interersted

thankyou

You will get some fab flyer's to give to your clients with the do's & don't on. I try and give them it few days before the tan as if tells them what to do before and what to do after!

hth

xx

Hiya,
You have had a good response on the before and after care from the folk above so i am not going to repeat it.
I think it is the product pet.
I used Tantrick on a few customers & family as testers and they all didnt like it, purely the way it comes off the body was the issue. The colour wasnt natural looking enough for them either. Its all a matter of preference but if i were you I'd ask for a few samples from other companies just to see for yourself.
I use sienna-x and love it. (celebrity secrets is the best solution for 16%)
Good luck.
xxxxxx

16%????????? OMG!

Your clients must have mega dark skin to use 16%, do you use 16% much?

xx

I was just thinking that!!! Blimey 16% now that is a fake tan!!!

i have had no problems in the past with other tans, and yes they do wait about 5 mins before getting dressed. Maybe it's because the colour guide on the tantricks is abit lighter than my other tans and i am spraying to much will give it another go on my sister and see what result i get. I am not spraying wet and it doesn't drip off the skin just want to point that out i spray twice over the body maybe once is enough.

Hi Tracey...sorry to hear the problems you are having and I think it may well be best for you to contact your trainer (did you have training with Tantrick?) and discuss these problems as I am cinfident with a little help and further guidence you will be turning out fab tans :hug:

If it is the case you haven't undergone specific Tanrtick training and are using our product I would highly reccomend you do a top up training with our nearest trainer-all liquids are applied differently and it is important to be trained in the proper manner for theliquid you are using.

If you would like any additonal help please feel free to PM me with your contact details and I would happily spend some time going through the problems you are having and hopefully come up with some answers that would assist you.:hug:

Best regards

Latest posts

Back