Tan in a van

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayleighnailsx

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I have just come across a business offering spray tans in a van. Purpose built for spray tanning. What do you all think of this idea? I think its fab so convienent for both the therapist and the client. Do you think a lot of clients would go for this ? Xx

Part of me thinks yes, part of me thinks no.

I have a nail client who's husband won't let her have a tan in the house, but I know if I drove a little van to her house there is no way she would go for that idea either-neighbours watching (I know they can't see the actual tan), few of the joys of a mobile tan is that, you are in your own home- straight in to pj's, no one see's you, and you don't need to worry about being caught in the rain. This is also 'mobile' but you don't get the main bonus'.

Then again- if you have privacy around your house/a private drive/ off the beaten track then yes, it saves you travelling far/you can still change into pj's etc.

I wouldn't personally decide to have a tan in a van on the square where I live, but I can see why some people would go for it.

What van would you do it in? Am trying to think of a van that you could stand up in. You might need to have a small lorry to make it work or a pop up roof..

I'm going to google this idea! Lol

I know exactly what you mean i think
It such a good idea but
I just dont
Know how many customers
Would
Go for it. Imagine being in bad area! X

By the looks
Of the van its a tidy size. little reception part and then the spray tan room. Its been done out exactly for spray tans. Very clever! Xx

Yes this is the van! Its so cool!!
Ihad a sample of nouvatan last week. I got my mum to spray me last nite with 8% to try it out. Very impressed im thinking
Of switching to nouvatan. I use the True Spray HVPL machine is it ok to use this machine with nouvatan? How do i go about switching can i just order the tan? X

I think it's great idea. I was asking about this idea few months ago as well and how would convert a van to do it and how would work xx

There is actually a company offering franchise in this, google it. I believe there's also a thread on here, try searching. I've seen one with a couch and stylist chair and mirror for hair And beauty - would be good for fayres etc.

The Van looks great inside. She must have spent a small fortune! Xx

My friend has a spray tan van and it is lovely... She would be wiling to chat to you and share her experiences...
http://www.spraysensation.com/

I hope that helps!

Anyone in essex offer this?! Such a good idea! :)x

Those vans look expensive! Wonder how long it takes to make the money back and what you got to charge?! I prefer my pop up tent. I have a room but if I went mobile I'd use the tent, I would rather spend the thousands on other stock than a van. Cute idea tho x

My dog gets groomed in a mobile treatment van like this-you can get them set up for loads of things! however might be worth considering that it wouldn't be that comfortable in cold weather for clients having to strip off inside and it could be a little claustrophobic. Your best bet is to find one and have a treatment done in one and see if you think clients would like it. X

Had a spray tan in the Spray Tan Van, and did my training with the owner. Absolutely fantastic. :) x

My thoughts are its a brilliant idea. Just like everything else it's not going to suit every client though.

I wouldn't do it as I can barely drive my little c2!!

x

Awww i love it!, i am moving home bAck to Scotland soon ,and there is nothing like this there, i could start something up!. and the waiting room looks good, you can have wee parties etc.great idea!

I looked into this about 5 years ago and had a demo of the van in my locality. It certainly attracted lots of attention! It was very expensive imo, and like others have said, you could probably convert your own van for less if you have the time, contacts, knowledge and energy! I ummed and arrhhed for ages and wasn't brave enough to do it in the end and stayed in the salon.

I would be interested to hear of success stories tho. The opportunities seem endless with this - van sharing with friends, markets, boot sales, fetes, supermarket car parks, plus of course your regular clients. xx

At boot sales, fetes etc tho the people attending wouldn't have prepared for their tan as most of them would have decided to have one just cos they've seen the van there. I would always worry that these people would end up going away with a not-so-perfect tan? X

Latest posts

Back