Tanning over stretch marks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shel84

Reaction score
Hi, I have a lady booked in for a spray tan who has recently had a baby and is self conscious about her stretch marks and how the tan will be because of them. I haven't tanned anyone who has a lot of them, i havent actually seen this lady before so she may just have a few. Can anyone tell me how tans have come out on people with them please.

Last edited:
spray tanning does not cover stretch marks but i believe they do look better the skin around them tends to be slightly darker than the scarred area but overall your client should be pleased with the results

spray tanning does not cover stretch marks but i believe they do look better the skin around them tends to be slightly darker than the scarred area but overall your client should be pleased with the results

I agree with Steve, spray tanning does improve the overall look when you suffer with stretch marks

hth

b xxx

I have really bad stretch marks on my stomach from having my girls & when I have a spray tan done they always look much better. Most of the time the girl goes over twice so they blend in a little bit more. hth's

Am sure it will be fine hun, goodluck

xx

To be honest I have to disagree.
I think it may depend on the severity of the stretchmarks and how long you have had them for.
I have some and have for a while so they have gone the typical silvery-white colour and because tan solution does not cover scars I find that they look more noticeable.
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but before I started tanning I asked this question to the lady and she said 'yes spray tanning is great for covering stretchmarks' but I was wholly dissappointed.
hths
x

I suppose what works for one is not guarenteed to work for another, but if this was me I would just offer a patch test over that area for the client so they can see for theirselves?

If someone offered this to me I would be so grateful of the consideration/time a technician was willing to give to her client(s)

xx

I think it may depend on the severity of the stretchmarks and how long you have had them for.
I have some and have for a while so they have gone the typical silvery-white colour and because tan solution does not cover scars I find that they look more noticeable.
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but before I started tanning I asked this question to the lady and she said 'yes spray tanning is great for covering stretchmarks' but I was wholly dissappointed.
hths
x
the lady that told you that shouldn't have said it covers stretch marks and i can understand your disappointment as i said spray tanning wont cover them but generally it does brown the scarring as the other 2 replies agreed but not as well as the undamaged skin
in my opinion a stretched marked mummy tummy is a bit like an un cooked roll of belly pork but it looks far more tasty when its all browned off :lol::lol:

the lady that told you that shouldn't have said it covers stretch marks and i can understand your disappointment as i said spray tanning wont cover them but generally it does brown the scarring as the other 2 replies agreed but not as well as the undamaged skin
in my opinion a stretched marked mummy tummy is a bit like an un cooked roll of belly pork but it looks far more tasty when its all browned off :lol::lol:

:lol:

:lol:

hths
x

I have to totally agree here...a spray tan can in some cases accentuate stretch marks which is why it is sooooooo important to discuss this possibility with customers before you apply a spray tan...things may work out fine but then again not.

HTH :hug:

I find that stretch marks are less noticeable after having a spray tan.
Scars tend to be more noticeable as the skin has been injured on the epidermis.
Stretch marks appear in the dermis so can be lessened quite well.

I have to say I find it varies, some ladies with stretch marks have looked worse with the spray tan, Others have looked much better.
Let her know the possible outcome, then you have covered all aspects of the spray tan with her. Then it is her choice.
I feel so blessed that I didn't get any..........I used a special cream...so did my best pal, she got the stretch marks I didn't. It is so long ago I can't remember what I used. My sister was covered with strerch marks......
So it is really just down to the make up of our skin.
Be proud of your Mummy Tummies x x x :hug: x x x

Latest posts

Back